Hi H.

I freely admit that my posts are often "off the cuff", so to speak, as I frankly don't often have the time to ponder a long a weighty response. I hope that I haven't contributed to your brain's poverty. :)
Gabe

I'm sorry for not being very sharp in moderation at the moment, since I'm catching up with many things right now and so mainly skimming through posts. But I have read through the recent relevant posts and I don't see any comment that can justifiably be called "utterly ridiculous". Even if there were, I would want members to avoid using that kind of terminology because it causes threads to become inflamed and divisive.

Good arguments stand up for themselves so let's keep a friendly and tolerant tone which encourages good, constructive discussion, from which we'll all benefit.

Deb
Last edited by Deb on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Its being caught under the millstone that I'm worried about!

& hello Deb! I'd love to see what you'd think about this chart after you've gotten settled in, unless pressing work dictates otherwise, of course.
Gabe

I re-read quickly. Great to hear the querent got into the university after all, despite the delays! Since we have feedback on what happened, I think it makes sense to look at what we can learn from this, rather than say that what actually happened was impossible according to the symbolism of the chart.

The chart seems descriptive to me - the combust state of Venus describes the querent as weak and fearful and unable to yield influence, and from what has been described we know that this was true. Perhaps it was important for the querent to realise that s/he was not in a position to make demands about this. And yet the tradition clearly supports out of sign aspects when they are within orb, and here it seems the applying trine to retrograde Saturn (the staunch university which changed its decision) was more effective than we expected because of the mutual reception involved in that aspect.

So we have heavily debilitated signification, and yet the mutual application by trine, accompanied by reception, is expected to offer perfection which comes easily to the querent, without the need for much demand or planning (according to Bonatti: see http://www.skyscript.co.uk/perfection.html ).

I agree with some of the points that have been made by other's too. I'd be interested to know what Wintersa's instincts were about this chart, and whether it was made use of by the querent to help in the application. This isn't my chart so my opinion isn't worth more than anyone else's but now I'm curious as to whether this will lead to a successful completion of the course, or whether this describes a good opportunity being returned to a querent who is too intrinsically weak to realise it. Please keep the feedback coming Wintersa and thanks for keeping us updated so far.

Deb

Quoting Deb:
This isn't my chart so my opinion isn't worth more than anyone else's but now I'm curious as to whether this will lead to a successful completion of the course, or whether this describes a good opportunity being returned to a querent who is too intrinsically weak to realise it. Please keep the feedback coming Wintersa and thanks for keeping us updated so far
I wonder the same thing, especially with the New Moon.
Gabby