Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

who gets the house?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matchhead

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: who gets the house? Reply with quote

Im having conflicts with a flatmate for months now. She behaves so agressively its impossible to dialogue. Everytime I try she starts to scream, cursing and calling me names. Then she turns her back on me bangs the doors as hard as she can, but then she comes back again, call me the ugliest names again and gets back to her room banging the doors, in histerical rage. This kind of situation is averse to my nature, so I just watch her doing it, with no reaction.
In some moments she looks like she could get violent. Thumbs down

It would be somehow funny to watch, if I didnt have to live with such a person. Sick

Im considering to move away, for some time already, but it bothers me that Im the one living here longer, and I realy like the house. In fact I was the one to tell her about the free room in the house 1 and a half year ago. At the time I didnt know her well(friend of friends...).

For a while I thought she would perhaps move away, as she often manifested dissatisfaction with the house situation and the mess(mostly hers) but she seems to be here to stay, like the cockroaches.

Last nigth was the worst scene of all, and I decided to move, unless she moves next month. I cast this chart, with the question above(subject).

First thing to draw my atention was the mutual reception between the ruller of the 4th and the one of the 7th(hers). While the sun seems to be kinda unconfortable where it is. moon is also in 7th.

any imput would be greatly apreciated.
sory for my english.
Thank you.

chart:
Matchhead

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. this is a progressed chart, thats the reason for the green planets hanging out around the wheel....
15 february...
Olivia

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. Some of the inside planets don't match the outside ones. Which planets are the horary chart?
aglaya

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivia wrote:
I'm confused. Some of the inside planets don't match the outside ones. Which planets are the horary chart?

If the question is fresh and looking at the position of the slower planets, the inner picture is correct- Jupiter is about to enter Pisces.
But we do need the time, of course!
Matchhead

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the planets inside the weel are the horary chart. Thumbs up

The ones in green, outside are the progressed planets. the progression is set at 15 february, witch is about the deadline I set to move out...

I asked the question(drawed the chart) at 17 January at 18:26.
handn

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Matchhead

Okay, so you've got the chart, and located your significator, your housemate's significator, and the house's significator. So far so good.

You've also seen the Mutual Reception between Venus and Saturn, but let's stay with the significators for you and your housemate for a moment.

You are the Sun, yes? Did you check the Sun's Essential Dignities?

Your housemate is Saturn - not literally of course, I'm sure the property isn't large enough to contain a planet Very Happy Did you check the Essential Dignities of Saturn?

If not, you can find the table here:-

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

You'll see that the significator of you - the Sun - is in its Face, and so is the Moon, your co-significator (and the Moon represents the situation itself). You can read about what that means here:-

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig3.html

I'll quote the part that made me chuckle because it's so relevant (not that I find your predicament funny, although the scene you described is quite dramatically comical, if only you were at a cinema watching it as fiction perhaps).

Quote:
"A Planet having little or no dignity, but by being in his Decanate or Face, is almost like a man ready to be turned out of doors, having much ado to maintain himself in credit and reputation."

(NB 'Decanate' is just another term for 'Face', and vice versa)

I'm sure you can see how relevant this is for describing your situation

What about your housemate's Essential Dignities? Saturn is in its Exaltation and its Term.

This is what Deb writes about Essential Dignities:-

Quote:
The more essential dignity a planet has, the greater its position of strength, which is why it is very important to distinguish this when judging charts drawn for trials, contests, wars or elections.

The use of essential dignity is also crucial in numerous other matters, where the strongest, most dignified planet indicates who has the most to offer in a relationship, is the most likely to stand their ground, is better placed to receive a contract, and so forth. To have a significator essentially dignified is an all-round indication that the person is well suited and inherently capable of achieving what they are striving for

But what we're talking about here is Essential Dignity and Debility. We also have to look at Accidental Dignity and Debility. The first and most obvious thing to look at is the house position. You, the Sun, are in the 6th house, which is a house of considerable debility/weakness. Where is your housemate? She's stationary retrograde (which is an Accidental Debility) in the 3rd house, which is a stronger house than the 6th but it's still weak in the chart as a whole because it's Cadent.

Mars retrograde in the 1st house, not too far from the Ascendant (i.e. you), shows the situation of contention and aggravation that you're in at home. Mars is in your house, so to speak.

Mars is a co-ruler of the 4th too.

(In fact, isn't it interesting that the 4th is ruled by both Venus and Mars, and that Venus is over towards the Descendant whilst Mars is over towards the Ascendant, at similar distances from the angles? What a divided household.)

There's much more to say, this is just a beginning, but I'm abiding by the Forum rules which are that you're supposed to be leading the discussion since it's your chart :-) So I wonder what your thoughts are on the chart at the moment, in light of Deb's information on Dignities etc?

Regards

H.

PS I replicated the chart in my software using Lisbon as the location, based on your other forum postings, and it seems to produce the right chart.
handn

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for 'house' and 'housemate' read 'flat' and 'flatmate'
Paul
Administrator

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so your flatmate is Saturn exhalted (tho retrograde) in Libra. The house is Venus in Capricorn - mutual reception.

You the Sun, are accidentally debilitated by being in a poor house for the Sun, I'm reading this in the sense that the King is in the servant's house. You've a bit of face dignity I think, but not much else.

At first I thought venus and the sun would perfect an aspect, but no, looks like the sun is basically chasing Venus around, venus is seperating from its aspect with the sun.

However, although currently out of sign, Saturn will retrograde back into contact with Venus when it moves in Aquarius. According to ephemeris, that takes place on Jan 22nd, but I'm not suggesting that THAT's the date it will take place. Seems like something needs to change (change of sign) and then the flatmate keeps the flat and you stop the chase.

I'm taking a deep breath when I do this cos I've recently realised my idea of reception is not well grounded, but if I'm doing this right it doesn't look like there's good reception between you and the house, but your flat mate does have good reception. ICompare your lack of reception with the flat mate's mututal recpetion of the house.

Considering that she aspects the house (after a change of sign) and you just end up chasing it, plus the mutual reception, I would say that if anyone is keeping the house it is her and not you.
Matchhead

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys!
Sory for taking so long to reply. Ive been looking for a new flat and working...

Thank you for the guidelines and links, handn, usefull stuff.

Quote:
"A Planet having little or no dignity, but by being in his Decanate or Face, is almost like a man ready to be turned out of doors, having much ado to maintain himself in credit and reputation."

lol... a literal description of the situation. Its amazing, in this very case we dont have to deal with simbolism.

Quote:
Mars retrograde in the 1st house, not too far from the Ascendant (i.e. you), shows the situation of contention and aggravation that you're in at home. Mars is in your house, so to speak.

hum...may be when Mars reaches ascendant something happens. A big conflict perhaps? maybe it is about time I move away. My flatmate spent weekend out. The house ambient has been awfully tense. I avoid geting out of my room when she is in the living room, and I think she is doing the same, altough she still bangs doors, specially in the midle of the night, when Im sleeping, lol. Quite a caracter, for black comedy.

I found a room, and Im considering mooving this week, but there are a few things I have to do first, and maybe it wont be possible.

Anyway, I agree with Pauls reeding. I guess Im going out. This new room is cheaper, anyways, maybe its a good change.

I guess ill make a new chart when I find out for sure if Im going to this new room. Its good for practise, and testing new knoledge of dignities and planetary strenght.

Thank you very much.
handn

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, and thanks for the update.

Regards

H.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: