Dymock Brose's installment 83

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~dymock/instal83.html

The above link is to a test by Dymock Brose on his website.
Such a test is problematic because no events are given so no rectification is possible and one has to rely on the accuracy of the given birth time.
The second problem is that Dymock prefer to use Harmonic Age. Obviously he chose charts that this technique can be demonstrable.
Now that we have the solution- sudden death of her brother- although hindsight, I can demonstrate some of my techniques with this chart.
Primary directions in Topocentric system:
Mercury 0 VIII orb 0'
III 120 Mars 6'
Sat 60 SN 4'
No other kind of primary direction will produce appropriate aspects with so tight orbs.
Secondary directions:
Progressed Moon 90 progressed Pluto orb 4'
III 60 Saturn 10'
PSSR (Cyril Fagan's system):
Moon 180 Pluto 10'
Moon 90 Uranus 0'
Mercury 120 Saturn 7'
Venus 120 Neptune 6'
Mars 90 XII 8'
Transits:
Saturn 90 III 20', 0 PAF 14' ,60 MC 43' and 180 Moon 62'
Converse transits:
Mars 90 MC 0'
Neptune 90 III orb 0'!, 60 MC 63', 0 PAF 35'
In the converse Lunar Return, precession corrected, Pluto on Asc.
In the Kinetic Lunar Return, casting for 26 Jan 2003 3.43 UT, Mars and SN exactly on Asc.
The kinetic return or the natal quotidian lunar, is the lunar return to the progressed/regressed secondary Moon. Cyril Fagan, Alexander Marr and I has made an extensive study of these kinetic returns and found out that they are of considerable value. Unfortunately, the only program that has this option is my program Polaris. In the past, it was in Hand's Nova and Pottenger's CCRS.
Last edited by Isaac Starkman on Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Isaac Starkman wrote:
Moon 180 Pluto 10'
Moon 90 Uranus 0'
Excellent example Isaac of the important symbolism for progressed Solar Moon in a Solar Return! Very appropriate symbolism for the native experiencing a sudden unexpected (Moon-Uranus) death (Moon-Pluto) of his brother during the Solar Year.

Some quoted words from Cyril Fagan from the ?Primer of Sidereal Astrology?, Chapter X1, Progressions of Solar Planets:
??The Arabic system of progressions, ?day-to-year? or secondary method, has proved its worth. It has recently been discovered (1971) that planets in the solar return (known as ?Solar Planets?) can be progressed by the secondary rate with very accurate results. On this basis, it will be rare that solar planets other than the Moon with an average motion of some 13 degrees a day-year, will close to an exact aspect during the year. Experience has shown that the progressions of the Solar Moon to the conjunction, opposition, (squares) of any planet during the solar year gives a very accurate timing for an event of the nature of the planet. This insistence on (only) conjunctions, oppositions, (squares) does cut down the number of solar returns in which these (solar moon) aspects appear, but when they are present they are extremely valuable?.
*Note Fagan used both the Solar Quotidian rate (13 degrees a year) and the PSSR rate (16 degrees a year ) for progressing the Solar Moon. I have found both rates, at times, produce outstanding symbolic effects when progressing the Solar Moon to a planetary dynamic aspect of 0,90,180.

Fagan also stated:
?The progressions of the solar Moon constitute an ideal method for rectification when the time of birth is unknown. A glance at the ephemeris at the time of the yearly Solar Return will show when the Moon is applying to the conjunction of, or opposition to, a planet. During the year there will be an event of the nature of the planet. If we know the date of the actual event, we can calculate the time of birth that will bring the Moon exactly to the conjunction of, or opposition to, the planet on the correct date.?
It is good practice for the astrologer when looking at their Precession Corrected Solar Returns to note their Solar Moon; and, use a simple mental exercise by noting if the progressed Moon will close to a partile 0,90,180 aspects to a Solar Planet or Natal Planet, if so, examine your surroundings, RELATIVE to your ENVIRONMENT and look for the symbolized nature of the planet with the Solar Moon to manifest itself in your life.

Fagan stated:
The possible types of events signified by the Moon with the planets will be:
Moon-Pluto: Mortifying, Disruptive
Moon-Neptune: Humiliating
Moon-Uranus: Thrill or Shock
Moon?Saturn: Frustration, annoyance, inhibition
Moon-Jupiter: Expansion of feelings, success
Moon-Mars: Anger, energetic action
Moon-Venus: Pleasure, joy, ease, problems of relationship
Moon-Sun: Sexual stimulation, union or marriage.
Use the above delineated natures of the planets with Solar Moon as only possible types of planetary manifestations. Solar Moon aspects are very important but must be delineated in the context of the whole Solar Return with its entire symbolism.

Regards, Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan

I have had time to look at Dymock Brose birth data pertaining to the above native's natal chart. Isaac, There is no way based on Dymock Brose birth data that the native?s 2002 progressed Solar Return Moon, by Fagan?s PSSR method, could 90 Uranus or 180 Pluto. I am not familiar with your Primary Directions work in the Topocentric system. Could you further explain how you get:

Moon 180 Pluto 10'
Moon 90 Uranus 0'

Regards, Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan

In the solar return, precession corrected, for 2 Feb 2002 the Moon 20Lib19'. Regress it to 1 Feb 2003 you will get 6Lib 14'. If you are working with Solar Fire, you can only calculate the progress Moon which is 4Sco24':
4Sco24' ? 20Lib19' = 14 05'
20Lib19' ? 14 05' = 6Lib 14'
In the converse solar return for 1 Feb 1900 the Moon 4Pis04'. Regressing it to 1 Feb 2003 and you will get 18Aqu54'.
Unfortunately, SF calculates only half the results, i.e. only the progress from the current solar return or the regress from the converse solar return, which is quite illogical attitude.
As a general rule, converse (or regress) mode is valid exactly as the direct (or progress) mode- FOR ANY VALID SYSTEM.
You can see the full results only in Alexander Marr's program ASTRO, which you can download it free from: www.juanestadella.com
But you need first to install DOSBOX program which it is also free.

OK Isaac-I now understand you are working with the regressed/conversed Solar Return for the progressed Soar Moon partile/exact 180 PL, 90 UR. I have no experience working with regressions but realize Fagan considered them important. The reason I have no experience with regressed/converse returns is I have never had a computer program to calculate the full scope of what you are seeing with these regressed/converse return techniques?but I damn sure know the immense value Fagan placed on any valid partile aspects. I will try to download the programs you posted and see if I can generate the data to see what you see & understand.

Much Regards, Steve

Progressed Solar Moon aspects

Issac, I am double checking to see if I understand your work pertaining to your program Polaris.

Does Polaris generate a customized list that would give progressed Solar Moon aspects with Fagan?s Solar Quotidian (SG) and the PSSR methods; as well as seeing a list with the option for converse/regressed aspects of the progressed Solar Moon?

Regards, Steve

For the correct calculations of the PSSR aspects, you will have to use Astro, it is not a system that is included in Polaris...

(though Polaris is very highly recommended for what it does do) ;)

Atlantean

Thanks Atlantean. One day an astrologer will do a computer program designed specifically for Fagan?s techniques. If so, it could revolutionize the sight of many astrologers.

Regards, Steve