1/12/10: 7.0 Haiti earthquake causes massive destruction

First major quake to strike Haiti since 1770. Time : Tuesday, January 12, 2010; 4:53 PM (local mean time)

+Some astrological data:
(Chart:Astrodienst/Whole Sign)

Asc: 14Cancer57 (partile conjunction with Sirius)

MC: 8Aries56

Sun: 22Capricorn35 (swift in motion): 7th House

Moon: 26Sagittarius28 (slow in motion; partile conjunction with Aculeus; parallel with Antares): last degrees of 6th House

Saturn: 4Libra39: beginning of 4th House (conjunct IC)

Mars (r): 16Leo03 (parallel with Sheritan {Robson gives "...bodily injuries, destruction by fire...or earthquakes"); posited in 2nd House

Part of Destruction: 8Aquarius25: 8th House (Significator=Saturn)

Neptune: 24Aquarius57 (Jupiter conjunct; oppsoed by Mars); 8th House

Dragon's Tail (double malefic of Mars+Saturn qualities): 21Cancer07 (in partile conjunction with Castor); 1st House

Saturn (Part of Destruction Significator) is posited conjunct the IC in the 4th House (the house of earth, the underworld {under the earth}, foundations); from this position it radiates foreward squares to the Moon, Mercury and Pluto.

+Relative to indications from Pauline dodekatemoria (PD):

-Capricorn (cardinal earth)-with Saturn (Part of Destruction Significator) ruler-holds the PD's of: Asc (15Cap), IC (27Cap) & Uranus (5Cap)

-Moon PD = 14Scorpio, conjunct South Scale (a disruptive star of Mars/Saturn nature)

-Aquarius-sign placement of the Part of Destruction (Saturn ruler) holds the PD's of: Mars (28Aquar-where it is conjunct the radical Jupiter), Part of Fortune (5Aquar), Jupiter (17Aquar-thus in same sign as its radical place) and Pluto (18 Aquar)...notice the PD partile conjunction of Jupiter/Pluto.
Last edited by dr. farr on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Both Lunar Eclipse (31/12/09) and Solar Eclipse (15/01/10) charts, cast for Port-au-Prince, Haiti, have Neptune (god of sea and Earthquakes) exactly square the Asc/Desc axis.
Saturn, lord of the solar eclipse, just made its first station.

As a side note for those interested, there were some earthquakes in Brasil recently. In the state of Rio Grande do Norte to be more precise (Taipu, Natal and Jo?o C?mara were the epicentre). One reached 3,7 and other 4,3. Since it's a rare event around here, I thought it could be of interest.

Additional Astrological Data re: the above chart

+Saturn (Part of Destruction Significator) is posited in the starry constellation of Virgo; this constellation (like the sign) = mutable earth
(I cannot think of a more appropriate 2 word descriptive term for an earthquake than "mutable earth"!)

+Indications from Lunar Astrology (Robson)
-quake occured (4:53 PM) during Planetary Hour of the Moon
-at the moment of the earthquake the Moon was posited in the following stellar-oriented "Mansion" (Arabic) "Palace" (Chinese) & "Nakshatra" (Vedic), each of which is composed of (one or more) stars of the Scorpio constellation (Moon has its fall in both the sign as well as the starry constellation of the Scorpion)

-(Chinese) : Palace of Wei (the Tail), ruled by Mars

-(Vedic): Nakshatra of Mula (the Root); titled "Calamity" (!); a sharp asterism involving punishment, torture, imprisonment*, seperation; ruled by the Dragon's Tail (double malefic of Mars+Saturn qualities)

-(Arabic): Mansion of al-Shaulah (the Sting); besieging cities, taking towns, destruction of captives**, driving men from their places

(*Thousands of people have been "imprisoned" in and under the rubble of collapsed buildings)

(**The main prison in Port-au-Prince completely collapsed within the first minute of the earthquake)
Last edited by dr. farr on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haiti Quake, 7,0 Richter, 12 January 2010, 21.53 GMT - 18N27 72W27
Asc 14CN48 MC 8AR47 Sun 22CP36 Moon 26SG28

Link to the Astro*Cartography charts for the eclipses:
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5003

Jupiter is in the lower midheaven of the chart for the solar eclipse, 15 January. The degree of his exaltation in the ascendant. Then there is the tight stellium of Jupiter, Neptune and Chiron.

In the chart for the preceding lunar eclipse of 31 December 2009 then there is an opposition between Mars on the IC and Neptune in the Midheaven.

There are a lot of things going on in the sky at the moment. Retrograde Mars, Solar and Lunar eclipses, stationary Saturn and Mercury, Jupiter and Venus changing sign. The MC in the 9th degree of Aries. I've seen this degree turn up in significant quakes earlier.

What a terrible event! I do hope as many as possible will be helped.
http://www.astronor.com

Calculating the chart for lunar eclipse of 31 Dec 2009 for the earthquake epicentre, this gives Asc 24TA18 MC 12AQ55. The lunar eclipse of 6 Aug 2009 occured at 13AQ43. It is quite striking to find this degree is culminating in the most recent chart.

Checking with the Lunar eclipse of 6 Aug 2009 and calculating it for 18N27 72W27, this gives Asc 12PI36 MC 17SG21. Mars is on the lower midheaven of the chart at 17GE08.

First major quake to strike Haiti since 1770.
Yes, a major out-of-the-ordinary event. One of those epoch-making happenings for the nation involved. Strong worldwide interest and response. I'm curious ? did any astrologers predict it?

Kirk wrote:I'm curious ? did any astrologers predict it?
I doubt it. We are not employed to do such work. Our efforts and activities are not structured in that manner. We do not have the resources of NASA and it should not be required that we provide evidence of being able to make that specific delivery.

At the moment I am putting astrology in the same category as meteorology - not an exact science, but still useful. We still have to make a case for our usefulness and then decide the usefulness/hazards of applying astrology for Earthquake predictions. Who issues a warning? Who takes the responsibility for closing down airports, evacuating schools, etc. What is the cost of such an operation? What if it doesn't happen? Who wants to take that responsibility?

My own work is currently either related to a specific interest, or I am just skimming the map and skies, to see whether I can cotton on to something obvious. With the right funding and an enthusiastic team I think there would be done more research into historical charts, etc.

Now seismologists do have have resources for earthquake research and I do believe their ambition is being able to predict such events. They are the experts. Did anyone from this camp predict the catastrophy? That is an equally interesting question.

Andrew Bevan wrote:At the moment I am putting astrology in the same category as meteorology - not an exact science, but still useful.
I'll try to do the same. Last week I dismissed my use of the Mars-Saturn semisquare as sign of the recent December cold because I didn't find a similar cold in January 1976 when a similar longduring aspect took place. Now I look again, I see that Jupiter was sextile to Mars during January (which was a very wet month with). So it's very difficult to give positions an exact meaning as required in science. Kepler mentions the problem of different meanings of the same aspect.
For if it happens that Mars is stationary during this time and Saturn is slow per se, (there will be) a violent disturbance and a most conspicuous excess in the state of the air. But it is not so easy (to say) in which way there will be an excess. For this it would be necessary to make a general investigation of the disposition of the Earth, which will prevail, and which I cannot understand by means of the theories hitherto advanced, and this disposition is stronger than the change of the activity of the planets themselves through their own special powers. If there were only this aspect (Mars sextile Saturn), I would predict extreme
cold owing to snowy exhalations, but on account of the aggregation of several aspects, I think there will be such a disturbance, chiefly through the position of Mars that the air will be heated by the warm vapors proceeding from the bowels of the Earth, that the snows will almost be melted, and the roads rendered impassable to a great extent
http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/astrology/ ... rology.pdf
at Cura-Free website under DIAL.

I try to find patterns but it is really difficult to find similarities. I manage to find things for some earthquakes but the aspects/planets usally are different and I don't find many coinciding factors. In weather the German model predicted (correctly) the cold December, while the (I believe) American model didn't. Other times the American is correct and the German wrong. I'll stick to the 'Kepler model'.

I had a look at the 22 July 2009 at 2h34m32s UT solar-eclipse chart at Port-au-Prince. The angles are:
MC 26?36' Sagittarius
Asc. 25?16' Pisces
(I use the moment of Sun-Moon ecliptical conjunction, not the moment of maximum eclipse.)
(Planet positions in this thread)
Uranus in conjunction with the Ascendant is with 26?27' Pisces in almost an exact square with the MC.

At the moment of the earthquake 12 January 2010, 21:53:10 UTC, Uranus was still a bit close with 23?27' Pisces but most striking is the Moon's position at 26?28' Sagittarius! almost exactly the same as Port-au-Prince's MC position at the July eclipse, and close to exact square to July eclipse Uranus.

Here's a useful earthquake website with detailed info on every earthquake http://earthquake.usgs.gov/

Scientists had, in fact, issued a warning concerning an increased danger for a major earthquake hitting Haiti 2 years in advance. That is a fair acheivement on part of the seismologists. Now even with this material being avaiable, little or nothing was done to limit damages.

Source: Aftenposten

In my mind, astrologers and seismologists should be working side by side. By that I mean that astrologers could be a complimentary resource in many fields composed of the correct expertice.

I doubt it. We are not employed to do such work. Our efforts and activities are not structured in that manner. We do not have the resources of NASA and it should not be required that we provide evidence of being able to make that specific delivery.
Don't the true 'prophets' just call them as they see them and pass the insight they receive on to their community? Astrological prediction doesn't require a lot of resources. And how many astrologers are employed to do mundane astrology work, anyway?

The way I see it, an event of massive death, destruction and collective world involvement should show itself astrologically. Astrologers shouldn't have to look for it. Why need it be so complicated? A large destructive collective event should be reflected in prominent symbolism. The astrological symbolism should show if something major is brewing, and the astrologer should then determine the what, when and where. There are plenty of knowledgeable mundane astrologers working on their own without the funds and resources of governments and institutions to direct their attention toward Haiti. But no astrologers were employed to look at Haiti so no astrologers predicted Haiti's future? Your argument looks like more evidence of modern science edging out philosophy/religion in astrology: Sponsorship by the right authorities determines the focus of the astrologer. Funding and interest determines research. It would sort of be like meteorologists predicting a hurricane passing through only the countries that paid for the research.

Once again, why did no one predict it, especially with all the modern astrological programs, databases and ongoing rediscovery of ancient techniques? Or maybe someone did ? does anybody know?

Scientists had, in fact, issued a warning concerning an increased danger for a major earthquake hitting Haiti 2 years in advance.
So who even needs the astrologers?! :-?

Possibly because nobody was doing ingress and lunation charts for Haiti until after the earthquake?

Doing those kinds of charts for every country in the world to see if something might happen eight times per year or so is - postively daunting.