Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Interview tomorrow afternoon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rookie

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilly writes of prohibition (CA., p.110)

Prohibition is when two Planets that signify the effecting or bringing to conclusion any thing demanded, are applying to an Aspect; and before they can come to a true Aspect, another Planet interposes either his body or aspect, so that thereby the matter propounded is hindered and retarded; this is called Prohibition. For example, Mars is in 7. degr. of Aries, and Saturn is in the 12. Mars signifies the effecting my business when he comes to the body of Saturn, who promises the conclusion, the Sun is at the same time in 6. degr. of Aries. Now in regard that the Sun is swifter in motion then Mars, he will overtake Mars, and come to Conjunction with Saturn before Mars, whereby whatever Mars or Saturn did formerly signify, is now prohibited by the Sun his first impediting Mars and then Saturn, before they can come to a true Conjunction.

Based on this definition of prohibition, mars must reach Jupiter before the moon to create prohibition and this does not happen.

I do agree that Mars will be impedance to the applying Trine to Jupiter.

Again i am just trying to not only gain understanding of my chart but the knowledge of what prohibition means. this does not appear to be prohibition based on lilly's definiton.
Tanit

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a good article that has a section on prohibition:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/tobyn2.html

Quote:
In this form of denial, according to Abu Mash'ar, two significators are directly applying but a third planet standing between them in degrees is closest to the receiving significator. Abu Mash'ar takes no account of planetary speeds and simply counts the number of degrees between the receiving significator and the two applying planets. If the interposing planet (Mercury) is fewer degrees away from the receiving significator (Saturn) than the applying significator is (Mars), the significators cannot perfect until the interposing planet has aspected the receiving significator.

This would agree with no prohibition also, because again Mars (interposing planet) doesn't aspect Jupiter (receiving planet) before Moon (applying planet).

I guess we'll just see how it goes! Good luck tomorrow, Rookie. Don't sweat it - make your own destiny. We beggars can't be choosers in this economy either.
Tanit

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Prohibition in a Job Horary breaks this rule though because Moon applies to job but runs into Mars and Saturn first. Querent said no to the job, because of salary/financial issues (2nd ruler Saturn).

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=46320&highlight=#46320
cor scorpii

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanit wrote:

Quote:
My Prohibition in a Job Horary breaks this rule though because Moon applies to job but runs into Mars and Saturn first.

There's no rule to be broken, this kind of prohibition can also be termed as abscission of light - whatever you may call it, it signifies the same, namely, the prohibition of the matter.

Quote:
This would agree with no prohibition also, because again Mars (interposing planet) doesn't aspect Jupiter (receiving planet) before Moon (applying planet).

This is not the only way of prohibiting(abscission of light), there is also a scenario where the applying significator(the Moon in this case) first applies to a planet that is not the significator of the quesited(in this case, Mars).

Maybe I applied a wrong term for what I was trying to convey, but that doesn't change the final outcome of the matter, in my opinion.
Again, I would like to be proven wrong Smile

Greetings
Goran

Last edited by cor scorpii on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rookie

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Goran!

Thanks for your support!

Rookie
janeg

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this scenario, Moon sextile Mars could be indicating the interview process the querent has to go through first; he won't know whether he gets the job until after the interview process. The Moon represents the querent, Mars in the 7th, the competitors.

The Moon then moves to trine Jupiter, the job, and moves into domicile in Cancer which looks like he will come through the interview process quite well.

Best wishes Rookie
Rookie

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, We'll soon know. Leaving in 2 hours! I am prepared, my resume' mirrors the job requirements, and my credentials match!

I'll update after interview. Based on the chart, it should go smoothly and both parties should feel connected.

Rookie
Tanit

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There's no rule to be broken, this kind of prohibition can also be termed as abscission of light - whatever you may call it, it signifies the same, namely, the prohibition of the matter.

I was wondering about the difference between these two terms, and thanks for clearing that up! It definitely has been prohibition of the matter in horaries I have had.
Rookie

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interview lasted 1 hour and 40 min. Thats good! I left with a "you did good" send off from one of the 3 interviewers!

When I got back to truck I had two messages for interview requests!

Will update as things progress

Rookie
handn

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you had a positive experience Rookie, and the interview requests too. Some positive leads, at least!

Regards

H.
cor scorpii

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, Rookie Thumbs up I hope you reach your goal soon - good luck!

Regards,
Goran
Paul
Administrator

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only learning horary but here's my take. I've not read the other comments yet and you may even have come back with an answer either way.

This is just for my practice.

So you are Saturn in Libra, exalted, but plagued by 8H worries and anxiety, however it may just describe the situation, I see the 8th as being related to mining. If not you may see the fourth, and of couse the Moon is there. Either way it could just be describing the situation at hand.

The job is Jupiter, and it's in your house, looks pretty good to me that the job is in your pocket. Maybe that's too simplistic?

Neither Saturn nor the Moon make an aspect to Jupiter though, which isn't favorable.
If you take the Moon instead, it is not doing a whole lot in Gemini, but being in the fourth is good.

No aspect would make me less certain, but otherwise I think it's positive. With Saturn about to turn retro and the retro Mars in the 7th seperating from aspect with Jpuiter, I wonder if they'll offer the job to someone else, they'll decline and then they offer it to you?

I'm going to say it's a positive from me, but not a very confident one.

Good luck with it!
Rookie

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul for your reading. The only thing I would say is that Moon does make a trine with Jupiter at 26 Gemini showing the connection between me and the job. It doesn't show on the chart because it is to wide of an orb, but it's there and in sign.
Clinton Soule

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie,

As you know we have talked about this before, and I know by your horary work that you are very diligent in your studies, thus I know by the Asc, and Moon that you are very determined and a good worker.

Now unless someone can contradict me about the 4th of the matter being a concept invented by Moderns I think it holds a real key to this difficult horary for Rookie. In that according to Lilly, only a 6 minute separating orb did he accept; others I understand accepted as much as over a degree. And Venus is separating by a squ to Saturn, lord of the horary's Asc., or the 4th of the 10th. *If* Saturn is unaspected does it not say 'no aspects' then 'No action"?

I really want Rookie in a good job in these hard economic times, but with this 4th of the matter analysis I can't see it to happen on this job!

Clinton Garrett Soule
cor scorpii

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And Venus is separating by a square to Saturn, lord of the horary's Asc., or the 4th of the 10th.

I don't see what you mean here by mentioning Venus/Saturn separating square, since Venus is not a significator of the job? She is Saturn's dispositor, but herself also in a very bad shape, being located in the twelfth and combust.
Saturn is acting primarily as the lord of the ascendant, signifying in this case only the querent(along with the Moon); there's no need(or justification) for his playing the role of the ruler of the end of the matter house(the 4th) from the 10th. If I understood you correctly, by implication, in any horary concerning searach for a job, a square(or some other) aspect of the ASC ruler with the ruler of the 10th would be negative, indicating the end of the matter? The end of the matter is best indicated either by the ruler of the radical 4th, in my opinion, or by the immediate application of the ASC ruler/Moon.

Regards,
Goran
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: