Do you practice any other divination technique besides Astrology?

yes
Total votes: 12 (52%)
no
Total votes: 7 (30%)
no, but I used to
Total votes: 2 (9%)
not currently but I do intend to learn another virtue
Total votes: 2 (9%)
Total votes: 23

My experience with timing and Tarot:

As I've mentioned earlier on this thread, I have been using Tarot since the 1960's. I use either a 3 card spread, or more frequently, a 1 card draw (taken from a progressive series of reshuffles and re-cuts of the deck) I only invoke Tarot for specific questions, not for general issues. I never seek yes/no answers, but rather illumination regarding the trends and influences operative upon the matter of the question (and upon the querent in relation to the specific question) I never invoke Tarot during Moon VC, nor during the 24 hours of Hecate (ie, the 24 hours prior to the moment of the New Moon) Ideally, I also avoid invoking Tarot during Mercury rx, and when square or opposition aspects are forming beween Mercury and the Moon.
Without bragging or intending to sound like a "Tarot master" (which I am NOT!) I can truthfully state that "the cards" have never ONCE been wrong when describing the nature of influences and factors surrounding or operative upon a particular question. However, for many years now I refuse to attempt any kind of timing estimation or projection of WHEN something will/may happen, because previously-when I attempted to determine the timing of something-I was "off"-incorrect- more of the time than being correct. My personal experience with Tarot is that the issue of timing-WHEN something will occur-is outside the "field" of whatever force or intelligence is operative. Perhaps the Tarot delves into the "eternal present", where the stream of mundane time (our conventional concept of "time") does not apply.

So, my questions for everyone who is willing to participate are very simple:
-do you practice any other divination technique (and, of course, which one/s)? and, if you do- why?
Also, an additional question for those of you who do use them is:
-do you switch between astrology and other techniques, use them both, expand your readings that way or search for confirmations (or something else)?
I was raised by Mormons, so divination was something I was afraid of until my teen years. Sometimes the repressed ex-Mormon side of me is still afraid of it or wonders if it's "wrong." I am a sensitive person though and heard, felt and saw spirits as a child and was intuitive, with some prophetic dreams (I am a Cancer rising with a 6th house Moon in Sag conjunct Neptune). I used a Ouija board first at age 13, then studied tarot, before I started to seek out astrology. I gradually worked my way into natal and other branches, and I eventually found horary in 2008, or so (although I had a horary reading before that and didn't know what it was). This was during my Saturn return (2008-2009), and I also went through a Uranus 9th house transit that opposed my Saturn. I'm sure most of us discovered astrology during important transits. I stopped using a Ouija a few yrs ago, after a love/hate relationship with it. But it was truly what first convinced me that there is more than this reality.

I have a love/hate with astrology too sometimes (I often clear out my files, delete my databases and reports, etc. and say it's over), but it is more natural for me, because it is very organized and logical (I am a Mercury in Taurus, trine Saturn in Virgo in the 3rd), and there isn't a physical energy drain that you can get from other divination sources, such as Ouija or tarot. But sometimes a horary chart or other type of chart is unreadable or you don't connect with it, and so you may wish to seek out your other sources. I go back and forth between tarot and horary especially, and I am always skeptical about my accuracy, so I will likely use one method first, then the other to see if it matches in results. I first consult my own intuition on things, and I do wonder if I have outside help sometimes, although as a child I learned to repress outside inteference and so I am not as open to it as an adult. I am more vulnerable in my sleep though, and have had some bad experiences, as well as more prophetic dreams. Most places I have lived have been haunted, which may or may not be my fault. :???: Pluto in the 4th seems to show this, and my Sag Moon/Neptune sextiles it, showing the link I have, especially in my dreams.

No matter what divination form you use, divination tools themselves can have a plethora of meanings, and I believe it takes a certain type of person to be able to translate and understand them, which is why so many people will never "get" it. They aren't open, sensitive, or don't know how to logically make the connections (it requires a combo of all of these traits - especially astrology).

reply to tania

Tanit wrote:
I am a sensitive person though and heard, felt and saw spirits as a child and was intuitive, with some prophetic dreams (I am a Cancer rising with a 6th house Moon in Sag conjunct Neptune). I used a Ouija board first at age 13, then studied tarot, before I started to seek out astrology.
Tanit, I find this most interesting since I have studied Reinhold Ebertin?s work ?The Combination of Stellar Influences,? which I study with my astrological work.

Ebertin states about Moon/Neptune signatures:
?Subconscious phenomena, a refined since of feeling. Sensitivity, the ability to feel and to understand other people?s troubles in a sympathetic manner, inner visions and imaginative perception, intensely vivid dream-experiences. A refined sense of feeling, a love of solitude caused by being misunderstood. Sensitive persons, impressionable women, Mediums, people connected with psychical phenomena and investigations, women who read cards or women-cartomancers.?
Regards, Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan

Steve - yes, that's an interesting quote, and thanks for sharing. Edgar Cayce is one famous Moon/Neptune conjunction (in Taurus) I always think of, and he was most useful in his readings while under a trance (a sleep of sorts).

Reply to Tania

Tanit wrote:
Edgar Cayce is one famous Moon/Neptune conjunction (in Taurus) I always think of, and he was most useful in his readings while under a trance (a sleep of sorts).
Yes, I am familiar with Cayce?s work but did not know he had a Moon/Neptune conjunction signature. When Cayce was in trance he offered many healing herbal remedies to people who could not find a healing solution through conventional medicine. While in trance, Cayce channeled a tremendous sympathetic understanding and solutions for other people?s life problems?most of them health problems. Cayce stated many other interesting statements while in trance?not related to health.

One year my Solar Return featured a tight, prominent Moon/Neptune conjunction, and I found myself in the most nebulous (Neptune) business situations I had ever been in my life. I simply could not find the answer to my business problem I was facing. This business problem was crucial to my family?s livelihood. It was the most stress I have ever been under in my entire life. A friend of my wife said she knew a phenomena psychic (female) who read Tarot Cards. I made an appointment and to make a long story short?this Tarot reader supplied me with the answer I was seeking in order to solve my business problem and to see through my nebulous solar Moon/Neptune conjunction. Needless to say, at this time in my life I formulated a tremendous respect for Tarot readers and their divinations. When I had my first reading from the Tarot reader, in the first minute of the meeting she asked me if I was an astrologer. I told her I was not a professional astrologer but I enjoyed studying the subject. She knew nothing about astrology but was very curious about astrology. She asked me to conduct an astrological experiment with her pertaining to her Tarot client readings. She invited me to come to her shop one Saturday when she did most of her readings. She asked me to bring my computer with me and run out all the natal charts of her clients for that day. I said I would only do this if her clients would bring their birth certificates where I could verify an accurate birth time. She did 13 readings that day (it was a very long day), and 10 brought their birth certificates. All the clients that day were women; she later told me 90 % of her clients were women. Her clients would give me their birth certificates then go and get their Tarot reading, then pick up their natal charts from me after their reading. I was astounded because all the natal charts showed heavy 7th house symbolism with various combinations of Venus, Mars, Saturn, Uranus, & Neptune. Later that day we went out for dinner and I told her what I saw with her clients natal charts. She told me most of her clients (women) come to her pertaining to relationship problems?not money problems. This experiment was her way of testing astrology for herself. Later we did a-lot of Tarot readings where I would ask specific astrological questions and I absorbed some very enlighten readings pertaining to my work with astrology. Bottom line?my Moon/Neptune solar year turned out to be one of the most intense, enlightening divination years of my life, which was channeled from a Tarot reader. Her (Tarot Reader) natal signatures were Virgo rising with a tight Mercury/Uranus conjunction in Cancer, and a Taurus Moon in the 9th House. When I discussed her natal chart with her, she realized astrologically her psychic gift came from her Taurus Moon in the 9th House and her reading psychic gift of the Tarot cards came from her Mercury/Uranus conjunction in Cancer. It was always amazing to me the details she offered in a reading that allowed me to see things that I never would have been able to see/understand. This emphasis on details can be seen with her rising Virgo with Mercury co-ruling Virgo. No matter the technique of divination, astrology allows the astrologer to see and understand the symbolism of the diviner?s natal chart.

Regards, Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan

Hand reading. It can be very interesting to get a detailed knowledge of one's hand anatomy and understand the meaning of it's shape and the lines in it. Not to mention you can get to know other people better.

Face reading. Very useful for understanding yourself and other people based on shape of face.