Initial thoughts for Wednesday. Games start at 19.45 and 20.00 GMT.

1- POF conjunct sun before 20.00
2- POF opposite Mars 20.12 Everton 1-0
3- POF conjunct Venus 20.17
4 Planetary Hour (PH) Moon 20.30. Arsenal 1-0
5 Moon square Saturn exact 21.20. Chelsea 1-0
6 MC change to Cancer 21.39. Arsenal 2-0
7 PH saturn. 21.46 Chelsea 1-1
8 Part Conquest opposite Saturn 21.50 Chelsea 2-1.

Do not put any money on this :(

Part of Triumph does not quite perfect opposition saturn
Moon and Saturn almost, but do not cross the MC and ascendant

I've took the chart as at Birmingham only, I've not adjusted for the North West or London.

If I'm anywhere close I'll be the most suprised :lol:

What else have I missed. Not looked at charts being radical.

Are there any glaring mistakes on the LIKELY colours?

Villa v Arsenal Mercury/Moon
Chelsea v B'ham Jupiter/Saturn
Blackburn v Wigan Jupiter v Sun
Everton v Sunderland Jupiter v Mars
I agree that those are the most likely colours.

All charts are radical - Mercury rules the day, hour and Ascendant! Same as the ManU/ManC Carling Cup game which also starts at 8pm. I've been focusing my attention on that one so I'm glad you've done all the work on the others :P

What about Blackburn/Wigan? I seem to remember seeing Sudden Advancement conjunct Sun at some point, although the planetary hour might not be favourable for them.

I'm wondering whether Villa will score during the first half while Mercury is hour-ruler. Having said that, there's nothing much else going on with Mercury except it will trine the Ascendant. Well, that could be enough. Then perhaps Arsenal are more likely to score in the second half while Moon is hour-ruler. I haven't tracked the whole game through yet though to see what else might be going on.

I've been noticing that teams are more likely to score while the hour-ruler is one of their sigs and very unlikely when it's one of the opponent's sigs. When the hour-ruler is 'neutral', then either team can score but I think this needs more looking into.

There have been three occasions now when a team's sig conjunct Part of Death has shown that team losing, two of which have been odds-on faves. The latest example was last night when Charlton lost at home to Orient who were 6/1 underdogs!

Yes, there is a cup game going on as well. :shock:

So that is Mars v Venus.

Chart is radical. Planetary hour changes to Moon and Saturn during the games, the chart is not radical during these planetary hours ( I think)

Part of Sudden Advancement(POSA). Thank you, overlooked that one.

Conjuncts the sun at 21.00, opposes mars at 21.08 and conjuncts venus at 21.10.

I'm expecting the second half will kick off about 21.05.

Half time at Blackburn-doesn't help Wigan?
The Mars/Venus aspects I'm treating as one. So it could be 2-0 to Everton.

For the cup game, I'm reading this as the same as the Everton game, with negative aspect to Mars from POF and POSA.

So two goals for ManC POF conjunct Venus and POSA conjunct Venus

It will be interesting to compare the Everton and Man U games

Charts are still radical during Moon hour with Virgo Asc (Moon rules Earth triplicity by night) but not when Asc changes to Libra at 9.41. Then hour changes to Saturn at 9.47 - radicality debatable. (Timings are specifically for Old Trafford where it's interesting to note Asc and MC change signs at the same time!)

I'm not sure about things happening during half-time - maybe it's the fact of them happening rather than the exact timing. I'm more concerned about the planetary hour possibly being unfavourable for Wigan. It seems to be neutral so that would be ok and at least it doesn't 'belong' to the opponents. Same scenario with the ManC Venus testimonies. It looks rather positive for them from the Arabic parts point of view and of course they already have a one-goal advantage from the first leg.

I'll get the radical chart assessment in my head eventually.

I seem to recall that radical/triplicity tended to a draw, although there seems to be enough going on after the 20.30 change for there to be positive results (rather than neutral/draw results).

As this is all new, I'm simply logging what happens and when. The trick is then to make sense of it (if at all).

I'll log up anything on the Part of Death (POD) when I find it on the computer, so this can be followed as well.

As this is all new, I'm simply logging what happens and when. The trick is then to make sense of it (if at all).
Yes, that's what I'm doing too, checking back over previous games to see what appears to be working when.
POD conjuncts Moon at 21.00. Goal to Villa?
Going by what's happened previously it should mean that Arsenal lose. Of course it may turn out to be the exception that proves the rule! I said that I thought nothing was going on with Mercury in the first half but I've just checked and seen that it's conjunct Sudden Advancement at 7.49. So with Mercury being hour-ruler, I shall be somewhat irritated if Villa fail to score during the first half.

Well, the less said about the Villa/Arsenal result the better, so let's 'accentuate the positive'.
John wrote:it could be 2-0 to Everton.
Everton 2 - 0 Sunderland :' :D
John wrote:Chelsea 2-1.
Chelsea 3 - 0 Birmingham
Very close. Correct result and correct number of goals scored.

I can't see where all those ManU goals came from (result 3-1). I'm wondering about trines from Arabic parts to significators during the game. The Solar Fire animated horary page only logs the conjunctions and oppositions. Is there a short-cut way of getting the trines somehow?

I'll provide more comments on last nights games when I have chance to think over them some more. I'll run this on the January listing, if it overruns into February, if appropriate.

One thing I will say about last night: Astrologers generally seem to have a good idea when things will happen and usually they do, but not in the manner they think.

Other things for me to ponder: Saturn trine MC in the game start time.
Is the referee the MC?

More observations from Wednesday.

The details of the aspects/changes are detailed in the thread

Aspect Time goal scored
19.49 Goal 19.50
20.12 Goal 20.07
20.17 Goal 20.16. Two Goals 20.20
PH changes 20.30

21.08, 21.10, Goal 21.10
21.20 Goal 21.16

Goals 21.30, 21.32, 21.35, 21.35 (4 in total)
MC changes 21.39
PH changes 21.46
21.50 Goal 21.51

We looked at four games, one of which produced no goals. Three games with goals

Total Goals scored 10.

Goals scored within 4 minutes of an aspect 9
Goals scored within 3 minutes of an aspect 5

Did we get all the right goals but not necessarily in the right order

Did we get all the right goals but not necessarily in the right order
I'm beginning to think exact timings may be a lost cause, so I'm looking at today's 3pm games slightly differently.

Birmingham(blue) v Spurs(yellow) Jupiter/Sun
Fulham(white) v Villa (claret/blue) Moon/Mercury
Hull(amber) v Wolves(white) Sun/Moon
Liverpool(red) v Bolton(white) Mars/Moon
West Ham (claret/blue) v Blackburn(blue) Mercury/Jupiter
Wigan(blue) v Everton(black) Jupiter/Saturn

Hopefully I've got the away colours right. Please shout if you disagree.

The way I'm thinking is that there will be goal-scoring opportunities while a team's sig rules the hour or the MC, or perhaps is received by the planet ruling the hour. Actual goals may be signified by aspects from Arabic parts or planets crossing angles.

Planetary hours are Mars (radical), Sun (non-radical), Venus (radical), Mercury (non-radical). The underdogs may have opportunities of scoring during periods of non-radicality, particularly the Moon teams during the Sun hour (3.15-3.45) because Moon is received by Sun.

MC changes from Pisces to Aries at 3.30. (Asc changes at 3.45.)

Arabic parts - Conquest opp Mars, conj Sun (late); Successful Outcome conj Moon, opp Jupiter; Sudden Advancement trine Mars and Moon. I'm not quite sure about the trines so this will be a bit of a test. Oppositions suggest goals being conceded. These might be via penalties or own goals when the opponents have no opportunities of their own for scoring, e.g. Wigan/Everton.

Sun and Jupiter are above horizon; the others are below. Mars crosses Asc around 4.40. Sun crosses Desc around 4.45.

All timings mentioned are for Birmingham. London will be slightly earlier, Hull earlier still and the north-west slightly later.