FA Cup games are probably not ideal for testing out different methods but it might be interesting to see how the blue teams perform this afternoon with Jupiter again being the most elevated planet above the horizon. Moon, Mars and Saturn are all below; Sun, Mercury and Venus are above but will slip below during the course of the games.

The teams I shall be watching out for are Everton, Leicester, Millwall, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Wigan (all at home) and Brighton (away) - all 3pm kick-offs. Just for fun, I've done a mixture of very small accumulator bets which will hopefully produce some kind of profit. Come on the Blues! :D

Happy New Year to one and all.
Good luck to all of you who have the conviction to put your money on your predictions.

I was going to look at the Bristol City game but it was postponed.

Jumping ahead to tomorrow and the 3pm kick offs

Chelsea v Watford. Jupiter v Sun. Jupiter stronger. Chelsea win.

Notts County v Forest Green. Black/White stripes v Green. Saturn v Venus.
Saturn much stronger but below the horizon, both planets in mutual reception. Go for a draw.

Sheff U v QPR. red stripes v blue hoops. Mars v Jupiter. Equal strength planets but one above and the other below the horizon. QPR win. (We'll see what happens to the blue teams today)

The 7 blue teams I mentioned won 4, drew 2 and lost 1. Portsmouth and Sheff Wed were disappointing but I suppose Millwall did well to get a draw since they were playing a team in a higher division. I chose the wrong combinations of results unfortunately, so no profit today.

Today?s Cup matches have caused me to think about the different approaches we each take.

My reading of the results is that there were influences in favour of the home team in those 15:00 matches that had Cancer rising. Although this did not always result in a home win, weaker home teams facing strong opposition often drew or avoided a major loss. Interestingly the best away win was Huddersfield losing 0-2 to West Brom, the other away wins were by one goal. The home wins were often by much larger margins. I think we can say that there was a home boost.

But what about the colour method? It is noticeable that the two largest margin home wins were Tottenham (who play in white) winning 4-0, and Preston (who also play in white) winning 7-0, the latter particularly impressive as Preston are managerless and on a losing streak while their opponents, although in the next lower division, had been performing well lately. (Sorry, I don?t know who else played in white today.)

I wonder if, rather than thinking is it this method or that method that determines the result, we should view the different methods as each adding their own bit of information, and our job is to weigh-up the different pieces of evidence. When they all agree, you get a 7-0 result. :D

Bolton also played in white today and won 4-0.

Huddersfield play in blue and white so I'm assuming WBA didn't. I assume Ficina didn't choose them as they were bi-coloured tops.

I think the ascendant is relevant, to the extent that the 'ascendant method' ( as compared to the colour method) about radicality, etc has a bearing on the result and possibly the score.

FA Cup
ManU - Leeds, 13.00 GMT
Odds: 1,22 5,50 11,50
Asc 26TA24 MC 23CP59 Moon 21LE26 POF 4CP48 POS 18LI00
Day Sun, hour Sun - in same sign as Venus, L1.
This contest is interesting both because of Leeds strong traditions and their ambitions for the future. I expect to see them battling in the upper half of the Championship next year - and a plausible question is when they will re-enter the premier league (Hry 11.07, 3 Jan 2010, Asker 59N50 10E26). However, Leeds will need help from above today. I don't know whether it is in the chart. Radicalitiy saves the favourite and this particular type prefers the home team favourite. The Midheaven sextile Uranus does not obstruct, POF square Saturn may be the subject of some discusion. Saturn is an infortune and may put a lid on the match or even favour the underdog, however, Saturn is L10 - but then the aspect is by a hard and unconverted square, yet POF is in the dignities of Saturn. Mars, L7, is sextile POS (Spirit) that might cause some excitement. I will not be bucking this game because my excitement lies with the underdogs.
http://www.astronor.com

ManU/Leeds
I agree with Andrew - same sign radicality should be enough for ManU to win but I can't help thinking Leeds might have more of a chance if they wear their yellow away kit (Sun-above horizon) than their usual white (Moon-below horizon).

Chelsea/Watford
I agree with John - Chelsea win. Both Jupiter and Sun are above horizon but Jupiter is more elevated and Sun will slip below horizon during half-time. Seems unlikely, but I wonder if Watford will be able to hold Chelsea off until then?

Sheff Utd/QPR
Again agree with John that QPR should win, or at least draw, if we give them Jupiter (blue), even though there's an awful lot of white in their home strip. (And we also have to assume they won't decide to wear their dark blue 3rd kit!)

I'll venture a 0-1 scoreline with a goal early in the game for the visitors
Is that for Jupiter crossing MC? If so, I wonder if the same will apply to Chelsea.

A couple more observations on SheffU/QPR chart: Pluto sitting on Desc and chart radical (Moon rules hour and Asc). I'm tending towards a draw but it would be great if QPR won!

Leeds are wearing white, so both sigs (Moon and Mars) below horizon. Leeds are 1-0 up at half-time. ManU not playing particularly well - probably need reinforcements from the bench.