With regard to the talk at the Lodge I mentioned in this thread, unfortunately the heavy snow and local travel difficulties has made it necessary for me to cancel the trip to London, so I won't be able to attend tonight. (The Lodge will still be open though - I think Kim Farnell is going to fill in with a talk on a Venus theme).

We have a couple of threads in the mundane forum which discuss the weather with reference to other cycles, but the alignment of Venus with the Sun is also a traditional indicator for rains. In this Capricorn event it is disposed by, and in mutual recepetion with Saturn - a nice illustration of the moisture of Venus being made cold and dry by the influence of Saturn. I always think of Venus when I see "virgin snow", and we are getting a lot of that in the East Midlands, as a fresh supply keeps arriving daily.
My internet connection is now getting dropped quite frequently, and yesterday I was unable to connect for most of the day - so I'll post this whilst I can...
Deb

Thanks for the kind words Debbie. I thought I had mentioned the article earlier in the thread, but apparently not. BTW, if people like this or other traditionally-themed articles in the Mountain Astrologer, then ? if you have the time and inclination of course ? please consider sending the editors a quick word to let them know (email: editorial@mountainastrologer.com ). They are always interested in feedback, and that?s the best way to encourage them to include more traditional material on a regular basis. Its such an influential magazine that it is good to get some representaion of traditional philosophy in there.
Deb