Where to live

Hi
I was reading recently about a person who had recently retired and wanted to downsize so asked the question "Where is the best place for me to live" - the person who answered the question said it was all to do with the elements saying that all planets have elements and all houses have elements and to find the answer it was best to look at the elements of the significator and its dispositor to find out where (locality) they would be best placed i.e. by the sea,mountains etc.,

I did a chart 20 January 2012
52N 1W
15:47:15

In this chart the Moon is in a Water Element and it is placed in a Fire sign and not in another water sign where it would have been much happier. But what does it tell me about locality - An aspect to Saturn at 3 degrees 14 minutes should give the timing - however what element is Saturn as a planet and as it is in an Air sign how does that relate to a place to live - confused - am I going about this in the wrong way. What does a Fire element, Air Element, Earth and Water element tell us about the place one should move too?

Any help much appreciated

Dolly

There are no definite rules. But I personally would look at the Benefics -- the Houses and the Signs they're in. Venus exalts in the 10th House in Pisces (Pisces also on the cusp of the 11th House which is relevant in such questions). So, I would go to a place ruled by or in agreement with Pisces.

Also, health is an important issue in retirement, moreover because in the chart L6, Mars, is stationary-to-retrograde. I would look at the countries in agreement with Mars or his signs etc. Whichever way you want to look at it.

But mostly you should look at the signs (and directions, localities etc) of the Benefics.

Hello

In William Lilly's textbook of horary instruction he talks about this in the chapter on questions to do with the 1st house. The sub-section is called "To What Part of Heaven its Best the Querent Direct His Affairs, or Wherein He May Live Most Happily." At the end of that chapter he judges a chart covering this issue, so you can see how he does it in practice. Whether Lilly's approach matches the one you've described seeing somewhere else is another matter, and if not then obviously that's something you'd need to ask them to explain/teach to you.
In this chart the Moon is in a Water Element and it is placed in a Fire sign and not in another water sign where it would have been much happier.
That's partially what Lilly and others tell us, but they do also say, for example, that the Moon isn't well placed in Scorpio (a water sign), but would be well placed in Taurus (earth sign) and Lilly says that the Moon in Sagittarius (a sign of the greater benefic) isn't too shabby. If you look at Lilly's textbook in the section headed "Aphorisms and Considerations for better judging any Horary Question" you'll see a hint of this in aphorism no. 9, where Lilly clearly regards the Moon as not being weakly placed in Sagittarius, or Pisces for that matter, despite having no Essential Dignities in either of those signs except the middle 10 degrees of Sagittarius.

Besides Lilly's second book I'd also recommend Lilly's first book of his 'Christian Astrology' series. All the significations of planets/signs/elements are in those two books, though again obviously the person you observed might not be using significations used in the tradition and so she/he would have to teach you their ideas if Lilly's approach doesn't match it and you want to follow their take on it rather than the take of Lilly et al.

Regards

handn

What does a Fire element, Air Element, Earth and Water element tell us about the place one should move too?
I haven't examined your chart so this is general advice. How far are you looking? Are you looking to relocate in the same country or overseas?

You can use the principles of astrological directionology used in lost property horary for signs and houses to questions about locations on earth:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/wit.html

Scroll down to about half way down the article to the description of signs, houses and modes linked to location. You can give attention to the placement of Lord 1 and the Moon by sign, house and modality. Good aspects to Lord 4 would seem important as this is a relocation of your home.

If you are looking for further indications you might want to also consider looking at an astro-locality chart using your natal data.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Hi everyone who answered

I read about it somewhere but can't remember where - but just recently have been considering moving from the place where I live. I remembered this method so thought I would do a chart. However, the chart I read about seemed so simple and the answer was somewhere by the sea (Moon Water in a Water sign) both had great dignity.

Am undecided whether to go abroad or stay - go to a colder place or hotter place - I was hoping this might show it. More study methinks.

Will read the piece in Deb's about Lilly's method after finishing this post.
I am afraid I know nothing about astro-locality unfortunately.

Thanks to everyone who answered though.

Dolly