How about looking at some of her predictions concerning the past years?

E.g. this one:

Her most shocking prediction was made in 1980. The blind old woman said: ?At the turn of the century, in August of 1999 or 2000, Kursk will be covered with water, and the whole world will be weeping over it.?

Well, luckily there was no need to weep over Kursk that year.

Her most shocking prediction was made in 1980. The blind old woman said: ?At the turn of the century, in August of 1999 or 2000, Kursk will be covered with water, and the whole world will be weeping over it.?

Hi Lunlumo, incidentally, this prediction was wholly correct, except that it was not the whole world who was weeping over it, only (presumably) a very small part of the world. In August 2000, Russian submarine named Kursk sinked and the whole crew of 118 people (sailors and officers) died. She never said it would be the CITY of Kursk :) That's one of her predictions, in my opinion, which deserves attention. She's also supposed to have predicted WW II but I don't know what were her exact words.
Ema
http://www.emakurent.com
http://www.astroakademija.si
http://www.astrojoy.com

Hi Ema,
This is doubtless interesting, I have to admit. The problem, however, is that anybody who heard of that prediction couldn't but refer it to the town of Kursk. So would you, so would I have done.
But I certainly do not doubt her abilities, she must have been endowed with most unusual extrasensual talents.
It is interesting that some of her predictions can be likened to what the probably most outstanding German "seer" said: Alois Irlmaier, a Bavarian, who died in the late Fifties. Among others he said that a great part of Europe would fall victim to what he called the "dust death" - might probably be some kind of chemical intoxication. It is definitely out of the question that Irlmeier was an outstanding person, his extrasensual perceptions were proved dozens, if not hundreds of times during his life time.
BUT: he never said WHEN his prophesies might come true, possibly he knew that he was running a risk there.
Kind regards,
LL

Hi, Lunlumo :)
It is interesting that some of her predictions can be likened to what the probably most outstanding German "seer" said: Alois Irlmaier, a Bavarian, who died in the late Fifties. Among others he said that a great part of Europe would fall victim to what he called the "dust death" - might probably be some kind of chemical intoxication. It is definitely out of the question that Irlmeier was an outstanding person, his extrasensual perceptions were proved dozens, if not hundreds of times during his life time.
I've read a lot about Irlmaier's prophecies, he was indeed an outstanding clairvoyant - there's even a court document testifying to the accuracy of his predictions, as far as I remember. He predicted that the WW III will be initiated by Russia, attacking western Europe along with its Arab(eastern) allies.
Strangely enough, two other German prophets, Erna Stieglitz and the Seer of Waldviertel(Gottfried von Werdenberg) predicted almost the same; Nicolaas Pieter Johannes ?Siener? van Rensburg (August 30, 1862 ? March 11, 1926) was a Boer from the South African Republic whose accurate,stunning prophecies apparently uphold the view held by the Germans.
In any case, a lot of interesting,intriguing stuff :'

Lunlumo wrote:How about looking at some of her predictions concerning the past years?

E.g. this one:

That is always the best approach, isn't it!?
Only such informations are almost impossible to find on the Internet which is very strange. or not- past events are what we use for rectification and verification of predictions in Astrology and, from that standpoint, it almost seems as though people are not really interested in thoroughly examining the preciseness of her past predictions or, in better words, her predictions concerning past events. People are always fascinated by the unknown (future) and many of them obviously choose to follow her predictions blindly.
Naturally, there are a few most "spectacular" predictions that are regularly mentioned but are never followed by quotes, her exact words or the time when the predictions were first published or heard and noted . The lists of her correct past predictions commonly include events such as:
-the death of Princess Diana
-the beginning of WW2
-"Prague Spring" in Czechoslovakia in 1968.
-changes in Soviet Union
-Indira Gandhi wins the elections in 1969.
-and, of course- the "Kursk" tragedy, which is probably her most widely known prediction.

But no exact words, unfortunately. Some of the magazines that cover such topics and themes probably do offer extended insights into her work and set more examples but I don't buy such literature :) and have no access to such articles.

But I did find something interesting that, unfortunately, again doesn't include her exact words, and it's a very short list of her predictions that did not come true:

- 2004. Some animal species will completely disappear (bees go extinct)
- 2007. Russian and Cnhina enter a war, China is now a superpower and one huge part of the Far East does not exist anymore.
-2007. Civil war in Russia

In 1993. she predicted that Soviet Union will be reunited again but I have a strong feeling that this prediction has an exclusively political background as the Communist leaders knew that people tend to believe her so, it could have been an attempt to use her "powers" in order to re-establish the old regime. She also said (in 1994.) that people will find a cure for cancer in 21st century and that the medicine will contain much iron (mineral).
(a Martian medicine?!)

Bulgarian University professor Velichko Dobriyanov, once conducted a study on her work using the method of determining the Telepathic IQ (which i don't know anything about) ; he used 18 interviews with her and 823 recorded (telepathic, they say) messages that she "sent" him:
445 (out of 823) predictions turned out to be correct
228 had double meaning and could be labeled as both correct predictions and mistakes
90 were false.

He also said that her telepathic abilities were very high.

But, having mentioned the influence of the party leaders onto her work, I must say that it would be very interesting to see her Natal chart- it might be a unique example of a person who became very popular through the activities of the 9th house and, naturally, it would offer a better insight into her psychyc abilities, would probably throw a better light onto her connections with politicians and maybe help us understand to what extent her predictions were genuine because, personally, I really do believe that politicians did have alot to do with some of her predictions concernng world events. Such people are ofetn exploited in bad regimes- when everything starts going downhill , a prophet shows up from somewhere predicting that the people should be happy and survive because they will soon be living in one of the most powerful countries in the World. Using a woman well known for her predictions for such purposes in 1990'e and late 80's on Balkans, would have been a Bingo and it does call for caution!
Last edited by aglaya on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I knew a girl in Montenegro who went to see this lady - and she'd made her some kind of cakes, with berries that were available only in Montenegro.

She accidentally left the cakes in the car, and when she went in to see Baba Vanga, Baba Vanga thanked her so much for the cakes - said they were her favourite kind.

My friend was floored, needless to say.

Olivia wrote:
She accidentally left the cakes in the car, and when she went in to see Baba Vanga, Baba Vanga thanked her so much for the cakes - said they were her favourite kind.
Did I understand it right- she didn't bring the cake into the house but vanga still knew that they were made and intended for her?

There are many such stories- a famous singer goes to bulgaria only to see her and vanga tells her to come back on another date because the current day is wrong. The second date turns out to to be the day when that person dies or is burried. But I intentionally skipped such stories- you never know with them! :) Besides, they're of no use to Mundane Astrologers. but, yes, she was a very, very famous woman!
Well, the bottom line is- she probably did have some abilities; I am not qualiffied to enter a discussion on whether they might be supported by any astrological reading but I really would like to see her Natal chart and I'm trying to find it! Will let you know if I do!
Last edited by aglaya on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lunlumo wrote: It is interesting that some of her predictions can be likened to what the probably most outstanding German "seer" said: Alois Irlmaier, a Bavarian, who died in the late Fifties. Among others he said that a great part of Europe would fall victim to what he called the "dust death" - might probably be some kind of chemical intoxication.
Well, the explosion/fire at Chernobyl NPS released a lot of deadly radiactive dust over large parts of Europe - and we still eat it with the mushrooms from Poland or Austria......

3D wrote:
Lunlumo wrote: It is interesting that some of her predictions can be likened to what the probably most outstanding German "seer" said: Alois Irlmaier, a Bavarian, who died in the late Fifties. Among others he said that a great part of Europe would fall victim to what he called the "dust death" - might probably be some kind of chemical intoxication.
Well, the explosion/fire at Chernobyl NPS released a lot of deadly radiactive dust over large parts of Europe - and we still eat it with the mushrooms from Poland or Austria......
This might sound like a logical explanation, but Alois had something entirely different in mind - the "dust death"(yellow powder, a kind of chemical weapon) he was talking about would, according to his prophecy, be used by the US forces to interrupt Russian lines of supply and to cut them off; this yellow dust would be released by thousands of unmanned drones in a line about 100 km wide, ranging from the North Sea all the way to the Black Sea. Anything that comes in touch with it, dies instantly - animals, humans, plants. Nobody can cross it without exposing himself to mortal danger. No soldier from the invading Russian/Arab army will come home anymore - according to him, that would be about 7 million men!

I thought it may be of interest to you.
Here's the link to the site containing this, and some other, similar prophecies http://www.newprophecy.net/warroom2.htm

Greetings,
Goran