Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

An Excellent Solar Return Book
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atlantean

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Steve,

Excellent stuff!

Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Having just read through it, I only have one (immediate) comment to make and that is concerning point 5 in your analysis of Solar Returns, re: progressed Moon. I agree with you, but would add to not forget the REGRESSED Moon as well as the progressed,...both are valid.

Take care and thanks again!

Peace

Atlantean
Steve

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to Atlantean Reply with quote

Hi Atlantean,

I have no experience with regressed charts mainly because of my previous lack of software. However, Cyril Fagan stated ‘he had no doubt of the validity of regressed return maps.’ If you ever see any appropriate symbolism with regressed Return Maps-- please post.

Regards, Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan
horarcek

Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

I share Atlantean`s commentary - excellent stuff Thumbs up
This Sarah`s SRP is interesting but what about timing. Would you say to Sarah a year ago that she will experienced a great trouble in the middle of the year 2010?
Maybe square from transit Venus to outstanding SRP Venus and opposition from transit Venus to SRP Pluto?
I didn`t find SRP Moon to be active in progression.

Kind regards,
Trojan
Atlantean

Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Steve,

Re: Regressed Factors in PSSR

You've already "appreciated" the power of the progressed Moon in these figures, so (as per your request) I wanted to list a few regressed Moon aspects (and a couple others as well) with events to show how they (as Fagan pointed out) also work in "regressed mode".

All aspects listed are from the PSSR...

For the birth of my Son, Morrison:

Natal:
regressed Moon conjunct Dsc 0° 6'

Epoch:
regressed Moon conjunct Pluto 0° 0'

For the birth of my Daughter, Summer:

Natal:
regressed Moon sextile Jupiter 0° 2'

For the birth of my Son, Tim:

Epoch:
regressed Moon sextile 5th 0° 4'
regressed Jupiter square 5th 0° 4'

For Moving Overseas:

Natal:
regressed Moon sextile Neptune 0° 5'

For Resignation:

Epoch:
regressed Mars semisquare 3rd 0° 1' (malefic w/ 3rd common for event)

I pulled these from some of my personal events. There are, of course, many many more examples from other charts... this is a good start to show that they do, in fact, work.

[Remember to keep the orbs very, very small. <11' for conjunction/opposition and <9' for other aspects]

Take care, Steve

Peace

Atlantean
Steve

Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to Trojan Reply with quote

Hi Trojan,

In Jim’s book ‘Interpreting Solar Returns,’ he offers many methods for timing WHEN during the solar year prominent symbolism will manifest with a Solar Return. When I have time I will scan all of these methods to see if one method called the timing. I do agree their was no prominent symbolism with SRP Moon. The astrologer using the book ‘Interpreting Solar Returns’ could have only told Sarah she would experience an ‘outstanding event’ which would be temporary depressing in effect. The depressing effect is clearly seen with Natal Saturn partile conjunct Sarah’s 4th house angle. Jim is very clear on this depressing effect when he states:

Quote:
“Natal planets conjunct Solunar angles essentially show how an individual reacts personally to the angular transiting planets which dominate the Solar or Lunar Return.”

Since we see that Natal Saturn, the greater malefic, is partile the 4th angle of Sarah’s Solar Return, the astrologer is forewarned that there will be depressing effects during the Solar Year associated with Sarah’s ‘outstanding event’. I doubt any astrologer could have delineated an event associated with a money scandal by the strong Solar Return symbolism of Venus-Pluto.

Regards, Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan
BiBi_Anderson

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't Mars or Neptune be angular or at least accented-Humiliation, attacks not physical, but other kinds.
Hmm, what really seems the most important to me is Venus square Pluto on the Angles.
Seperation through love, I wonder if this will chronicle the backlash of the public falling out of love with Furgie, and Furgie feeling a severe amount of grief because she lost what little support she had left from the public.
Or maybe she's seeing someone in private, and this whole situation left a bad taste in their mouth...and they will leave the Dutchess
Steve

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to BiBi Reply with quote

Hi BiBi,

I totally agree with your thoughts about the strong angular Venus tones in her current Solar Return and Natal. I think this money scandal will have strong negative percussions pertaining to certain love relationships with Sarah. Also note the tight angular Venus –Saturn conjunction in her current Solar Return. This is definitely symbolizing a strain during her Solar Year with love relationships. Mars Neptune would also be appropriate symbolism for her dilemma. I did note Neptune was partile conjunct her 7th house cusp-- with her current May 10th precessed lunar return when the scandal broke. This strong Neptune placement is symbolizing the deception she experienced from her supposedly expected business relationship with the reporter (other person 7th cusp) -- who released the damaging Video to the media. Transiting Pluto partile conjunct her Natal Saturn and angular (4th house cusp) on her Solar Return is symbolizing cruel damage with her personal, home, & family life. Ebertin states about Saturn/Pluto symbolism:

Quote:
“Hard labor, cruelty. Experiencing a hard and unfeeling disposition, also cold heartedness, severity. Hard struggling for success.”

*It has been my experience with precessed Solar Returns, when a transiting factor falls partile conjunct a natal factor close to a Solar Return angle—this symbolism manifest the strongest in the native’s life for that Solar year.

Regards, Steve
BiBi_Anderson

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Steve Reply with quote

Hello Steve, my name is Maria, I've been following your work and that of Jim's on solunars.net up until its abrupt departure.
This forum is great as well, but I really miss discussing the teachings of Western Sidereal Astrology in depth
-Maria
Steve

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to Maria Reply with quote

Hi Maria,

Jim’s forum is indeed missed. Have you heard why his forum disappeared?

Regards, Steve
Igor

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for your instruction how to calculate SQ using SolarFire!

Is it possible to calculate PSSR with the help of SolarFire or Janus?

Best regards,
Igor
BiBi_Anderson

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I have not have you? I assumed it would be back by mid March
-Maria
Steve

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to Igor Reply with quote

Hi Igor,

Solar Fire will not calculate accurately the PSSR. I don’t know if Janus will calculate the PSSR. The program Riyal will calculate the SQ & PSSR. It is freeware and you can download it here (make sure you read the documentation):

http://www.expreso.co.cr/centaurs/riyal.html

I have only been working with Riyal for about a month. However, the more I learn about Riyal, the more I appreciate Riyal. Riyal offers very nice SQ & PSSR daily Hits for the entire solar year. This is a great feature because it allows the interested astrologer to quickly glance at any upcoming month and choose and plan certain days for certain activity, according to certain daily planetary symbolism with quotidian charts. Juan Antonio Revilla is the owner and writer for Riyal and is available to answer your questions about Riyal. His e-mail address can be found with the info button after you download Riyal. We astrologers are lucky to have access to someone with Juan’s mental and mathematical capabilities pertaining to pure & accurate astronomy. Cyril Fagan was a very accomplished astronomer which allowed him to develop a system of accurate astrology rich in planetary symbolism pertaining to return & quotidian charts. Most programmers of astrological programs do not have a full understanding of Fagan’s astrological techniques. Juan indeed has a working knowledge of Fagan’s techniques. Hope this helps.

Regards, Steve
Igor

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the link.

By the way, I have found PSSR calculation in Janus 4 (Cast Chart > Progressed Solar Return...). I hope that might be useful for you too.

Best regards,
Igor
BiBi_Anderson

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use both SF-Gold and Deluxe plus Riyal, the angles on the PSSR & SQ seem to be somewhat off from eachother, not between the Solar Fires, but between the Solar Fires and Riyal. I am sure both programs SF & Riyal are very accurate, but which is the most accurate?
Quote:
This strong Neptune placement is symbolizing the deception she experienced from her supposedly expected business relationship with the reporter (other person 7th cusp) -- who released the damaging Video to the media. Transiting Pluto partile conjunct her Natal Saturn and angular (4th house cusp) on her Solar Return is symbolizing cruel damage with her personal, home, & family life. Ebertin states about Saturn/Pluto symbolism:

Forgot to mention, I looked at the return, and Neptune is exactly on the 7th house cusp in mundo(just 4 minutes away from being exactly zero degrees), the Sun is just 2'54 away from the MC in Mundo, the strongest angle in the chart.
In Fagan's solunar's handbook, he says something along the lines that if the sun is angular in the return charts, the native will be famous amongst her/his circle, which for Fergie, is most of the world! Astrology is astonishing!
Maria
Steve

Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to Maria Reply with quote

Hi Maria,

Quote:
You wrote:
“Forgot to mention, I looked at the return (May 10th precessed lunar return,) and Neptune is exactly on the 7th house cusp in mundo (just 4 minutes away from being exactly zero degrees)…”

This is an excellent observation Maria! Fagan constantly emphasized that ‘return charts should be judged in mundo more strongly than merely in eclipto.’ Most astrologers ignore this, even Western Sidereal Astrologers. This in mundo conjunction of Neptune on the 7th house cusp of Sarah’s May 10th Lunar Return, combined with the partile eclipto conjunction of Neptune on the 7th house cusp, defined by Fagan, classifies Sarah’s May 10th Lunar Return a SUPER Neptunian 7th house influence for the lunar time period. With hindsight offering us 20-20 vision, we can now see that this lunar return timed the period when Sarah was deceived (Neptune) by the reporter and her world came crashing down on her. The ancient Egyptians judged any heavenly body, by observation setting on the horizon, as an influence passing into the underworld-- being an ‘anaretic’ influence (by Greek definition—the ‘destroyer’). Again we can see how the symbolic effect of Neptune ‘destroyed’ her objections.

Solar Fire will calculate in one minute all 13 Lunar Returns within a Solar Year. A good exercise is to calculate these lunar returns and quickly scan them for any partile conjunctions of planets on the angles (these will only be eclipto hits.) When or IF isolated-- then do further analysis. Unfortunately our astrological programs will not offer us a quick simple list to identify when a heavenly body is in mundo on an angle—we have to hunt it down—this is why for most astrologers these in mundo hits are overlooked—they are not easily recognized and 95% of astrologers do not have the astronomical capability to isolate in-mundo hits with their software. Again, Fagan judged in mundo angular hits more potent that eclipto hits.

Other notable aspects with Sarah’s May 10th Lunar Return. Mars is partile 90 the MC symbolizing obvious anger/attacks. Both lights of the Lunar Return are aspected with only Pluto. The culminating Sun features partile 135 to Pluto. Her Lunar Moon (Natal Moon) features only one aspect-- a 2 degree square to Pluto. But it was the in mundo and eclipto hit (very rare) of Neptune on the 7th house cusp that clued the astrologer of a very important lunar period.

Quote:
Maria wrote:
“Astrology is astonishing!”

Indeed it is!

Regards, Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: