Bush's 2001 Solar Return

My last post on Bush?s 2004 Solar Return where his Jan.20th 2005 Solar Quotidian timed to the exact day his second term inauguration with dead-on planetary symbolism is a rare occurrence. It?s common to see Solar Moon symbolism with very accurate planetary symbolism with a Solar Return; but, to see a Paran involving progressed Solar Moon on a Solar Quotidian Day is indeed rare. However, Bush experienced one more Paran Quotidian involving progressed Solar Moon on the infamous day of 9/11/2001. In other words Bush only had two Parans involving Solar Quotidians in his eight years of office residing in Washington DC, one DAY on Jan. 20th 2005 Inauguration Day and one DAY on 9/11/2001. That?s only two DAYS involving a Paran Quotidian out of 2912 DAYS of residing in the oval office. Both of these DAYS were the DAYS where huge events took place in the context of his whole life up to the DAYS of these two events. Let?s state Fagan?s words again pertaining to a PARAN:
?When two or more planets are simultaneously (bodily) on the same, adjacent or opposite angles they are said to be in paranatellonta (Paran). This is the most powerful of all planetary configurations. Such configurations are particularity important when they fall on the angles of a return map whether cast for the birthplace or for the place of residence. A change in residence can alter the formation of a paranatellonta?. 'Primer of Sidereal Astrology'
On Jan. 20th 2005 Inauguration Day, Bush?s 2004 Solar Jupiter was partile conjunct his Jan.20th 2005 Solar Quotidian MC. Bush?s secondary progressed 2004 Solar Moon was partile conjunct Bush?s Jan. 20th 2005 Solar Quotidian IC. This defines Fagan?s above quote for a Paran. A Paran involving progressed Solar Moon with another Solar planet, involving the progressed Solar Return Angles in a Quotidian Chart is dictated by an accurate computed Solar Return. But a Paran Quotidian involving secondary progressed Solar Moon can also occur (rarely) with a natal planet, and this is exactly what happen involving Bush?s progressed 2001 Solar Return on 9/11/2001. Again, I repeat some of Jim?s important teachings from his book ?Interpreting Solar Returns?:
??This, then, isolates the Solar Moon as the most crucial agent in a Solar Return, after the angles. Lunar aspects (Solar Moon) to natal and solar planets can never be treated lightly, even when rather wide in orb. So remarkable is this single factor that, if lunar aspects are nearly exact while the foreground planets are not exceptionally close to the angles, the solar Moon can be the primary theme-setter of the chart for the year ahead, bar none.?
Note Jim?s words ?Lunar aspects (Solar Moon) to natal and solar planets can never be treated lightly??Solar Moon aspects to Natal planets are equally important as Solar Moon aspects to Solar planets. Bush?s 2001 Solar Return featured a Solar Moon opposing his Natal Saturn! And, on 9/11/2001 Bush?s 2001 Solar Moon progressed to a partile conjunction with Bush?s progressed Solar Return IC involving his Solar Quotidian Chart on 9/11?opposing Bush?s Natal Saturn partile conjunct Bush?s Solar Quotidian MC. Also note in Bush?s 2001 Solar Return, there was only one aspect of Solar Moon to a Solar Planet and that was a partile 135 to Solar Saturn. So, we have a ?double whammy? of Moon-Saturn symbolism in Bush?s 2001 Solar Return, Solar Moon is aspecting Solar Saturn & Natal Saturn. And on 9/11 Bush?s Solar Quotidian features the most powerful configuration know in astrology a Paran; which involved a partile opposition of secondary progressed Solar Moon with Natal Saturn, partile his Solar Quotidian MC.
?the solar Moon can be the primary theme-setter of the chart (solar return) for the year ahead, bar none?.
?There is little incentive to gain or expansion of worldly interests in charts where the Moon and Saturn are in formation, for these denote setbacks, losses, sorrows, and blows to the native?s pride which give rise to regrets and grief?. Donald A. Bradley, ?Solar and Lunar Returns?.
In a latter post I will give the SolarFire steps to calculate Bush?s Solar Quotidians so you can clearly see the Paran formations of Moon-Jupiter that occurred on Jan 20th 2005 and Moon-Saturn that occurred on 9/11/2001.

Regards, Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan

SolarFire Procedures

For SolarFire users, here are the steps in order to see a progressed Solar Quotidian Chart for Bush?s Inauguration on Jan. 20th 2005, 12:05 PM EST, located to Washington DC. This chart will clearly show the powerful rare Paran; involving secondary progressed 2004 Solar Moon to secondary progressed Solar Jupiter, falling partile on the MC/IC axis for Bush?s Jan 20th 2005 Solar Quotidian Chart.

1: Compute Bush?s Natal Chart. We will use the Tropical Zodiac. Bush?s Natal Asc. 7Leo06

2: Calculating Bush?s 2004 Solar Return: Highlight Bush?s Natal Chart under Calculated Charts. Click on Chart in upper left corner. Click on Return & Ingress or Keystroke F5. Next to Date put in Jan. 1st 2004. Next to Time put 12:05 PM. Under Which One Click the Next Tab. Under Location Click the Relocated Tab and then next to Place?relocate his 2004 Solar Return to Washington DC. *Under Special Options be sure to x mark Precessed. Under Chart Type to Generate?it is already to defaulted to Solar Return. Then click OK?this will place Bush?s 2004 Solar Return under the calculated charts. Double left click Bush?s 2004 Solar Return under calculated charts which will bring?up his 2004 Precessed Solar Return, located to Washington DC. You should see an Ascendant of 21Gemini38. Then click Quit to get you back to your calculated charts.

3: Now above the Calculated Charts Section look at the Current Settings Section and click on Angle Progressions?this will bring you to a Preferences Page with several options. Under Chart Angle Progression Type?Click on Mean Quotidian and under Progression Day Type?Click the Tab next to Bija (Q1). Now Click OK?this will bring you back to the Calculated Charts Page.
***You have just instructed Solar Fire, under step 3, to implement the math that Cyril Fagan used for Solar Quotidians which is one of his two methods for progressing a Solar Return?for possible important day-to-day symbolism. This was a brilliant innovation by Cyril Fagan after he discovered astrologers for 2000 years were miss-calculating Solar Returns in the Tropical Zodiac by not accounting for Precession. A progressed Solar Return by Fagan?s methodology offers astrologers rich symbolism, particularly with angular hits with progressed Solar Moon when it is aspected to another Solar or Natal Planet!

4: Now under Calculated Charts click and highlight Bush?s 2004 Solar Return if it is not already highlighted. Now go up to the upper left hand corner of the page and click Chart. Then Click Progressed or keystroke F4. Now next to the Date?type in the Inauguration Date of Jan. 20th 2005 with 12:05 PM typed in the Time slot. Under Location you should see the Natal Tab already blacked out and Washington DC already filled in next to the Place Slot because his 2004 Solar Return was already re-located to Washington DC. Now Click OK and Bush?s Jan. 20 2005 progressed Solar Quotidian will be computed and placed under the Calculated Charts page. Double left click this progressed chart and you will see a BIG FAT PROGRESSED SOLAR MOON PARTILE OPPOSSING PROGRESSED SOLAR JUPITER PARTILE THE PROGRESSED MC/IC AXIS! THIS IS A RARE PARAN! Two days before or after Jan 20th 2005 the Paran would not exists! This Paran fell on Bush?s Jan 20th 2005 Quotidian Chart and it just so happen it was Inauguration Day. We are dealing here with precise mathematical laws dealing with celestial circles involved with Sacred Geometry involving the precise construction of a mundane WHEEL with an accurate computed Solar Return with emphasis being place on precise placement of the Solar angles and Solar Moon. When the astrologer contemplates this geometrical preciseness pertaining to an accurate computed Solar Return-- it begins to boggle the mind with its geometric sacredness with planetary symbolism.

***This was the dead-on symbolism for a Quotidian Day that told astrologers versed in the Fagan?s methodologies that Bush would win the 2004 President election. But even if the progressed Moon-Jupiter Paran did not form on Jan. 20TH 2005 on the Quotidian Chart?astrologers could see that Solar Moon was going to progress to a partile opposition with Solar Jupiter during the Solar Year with a quick glance at Bush?s 2004 Solar Return. Fagan states that Moon-Jupiter symbolism in Return Charts with conjunct, opposition, and rotational square aspects symbolize hard core---?Success?, relative to the native?s environment. Bradley states his research has proved to him that Moon-Jupiter symbolism is present in return charts for election winners.

Later, I will give steps for SolarFire users how one can easily see and track the times during a progressed Solar year when their progressed Solar Moons will offer possible manifested symbolism in their lives. Most astrological programs offer the same functions as SolarFire.
?Astrology has to be lived to be understood.? Alice O. Howell
?Astrology must be lived to be learned.? Donald A. Bradley
Regards, Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan

I tried this with Janus 4. But I came out with a precessed SR ascendant of 28 II, not 22 II. I then did the progressed precessed SR. I get an MC of 23 Vi, with Ju at 15 Vi and parallax-corrected Mo at 16 Pi.

reply to ed f

ed-f wrote:
I tried this with Janus 4. But I came out with a precessed SR ascendant of 28 II, not 22 II. I then did the progressed precessed SR. I get an MC of 23 Vi, with Ju at 15 Vi and parallax-corrected Mo at 16 Pi.
I am not familiar with Janus but I called a colleague and he has Janus 3.0. He said Janus has Fagan?s progressed rates miss-labeled but he said it still would produce the correct charts that I have posted.

First, go back and re-compute Bush?s 2004 Precessed Solar Return and make sure you re-locate the Solar Return to Washington DC. This should give you an Asc of 21Gemini34 which is the correct Asc?I have doubled checked my calculations.

Second, once you have computed the correct 2004 Solar Return with an Asc of 21Gemini34?then click the prog. Tab on Janus?s Tool Bar. Then next to Prog Slot select using the down arrow Mean Quotidian Q2 (this is miss-labeled but still computes the correct math). Progressed Rate Slot should read Secondary; Quotidian Slot should read Q1 bija Sidereal; Date Should read Jan 20th 2005; Time Slot 12:05 PM; Location slot should read Washington DC. If everything has been filled out correctly?after clicking OK you should get a Quotidian Chart showing a MC of 14Virgo57. If you get this chart you will clearly see the progressed Solar Moon Paran with progressed Solar Jupiter. Remember, my colleague is using Janus 3.0 so Janus 4.0 may have some different changes? Let me know if you get the correct charts.

We do not use Parallax correction for the Moon!

Regards, Steve

What you describe is essentially what I did. I will double-check, probably over the weekend. Janus 4 is very different in terms of the options, and I no longer have Janus 3 installed.

Donald Bradley used the parallax correction for the moon, though. Not that it makes much of any difference for this particular case with the moon near the IC and not involved in any of the important calculations.

What I need to figure out is why the precessed SR is so different since that's the basis of the inconsistency.

- Ed

Yes, you're right. There was an unintuitive thing about the Janus input settings that didn't make the relocation effective unless you hit two different places.

So in the progressed SR, Ju is 56' past the meridian in mundane position, and the Moon is 1 18' before it.

Pretty close, and clearly the symbolism works.

- Ed

reply to ed f

ED F wrote:
There was an unintuitive thing about the Janus input settings that didn't make the relocation effective unless you hit two different places.
This is also a problem with all computer programs. When the astrologer attempts to see & understand Fagan?s methodologies they are confronted with very ?unintuitive? functions that make it very difficult to compute many of Fagan?s important innovations. In most cases the manuals or instructions for computer programs does not explain or recognize Fagan?s methodologies?yet the computer program itself will compute a Fagan innovation but it requires many steps and manipulations with preference options. I have been told that in order to appreciate the brilliant innovations by Fagan?the astrologer actually needs several different programs in order to attempt to function all of Fagan?s innovations. I maintain a specialized program needs to be written that addresses only Fagan?s methodologies with clear manual instructions. If this program could be written, I think it would revolutionize the sight of astrologers. I have asked my ?Janus? colleague to review this thread and e-mail me instructions for Janus users pertaining to other important Fagan methodologies mention in this thread?will post (if any) when I receive the instructions.

Regards, Steve

Natal Parans

Cyril Fagan wrote:
Should the reader take his own horoscope and put each of his natal planets in turn on each of the four angles, for the place of birth or for that of the place of residence, he will be astonished to find a surprising number of potent parans in his nativity which he never suspected existed; and which give a totally different complexion to the significance of his natal chart. Such parans, being mundane, are more powerful and significant than mere zodiac configurations. Solunar Handbook, pg. 101.
This is somewhat a confusing statement by Fagan pertaining to ?put each of his natal planets in turn on each of the four angles?; but, what he is actually saying is each of us are born with potent Parans in our natal charts that ?are more powerful and significant than (our) mere zodiac configurations?. Personally, I have seen strong anecdotal evidence the above quote is true. I have also read from other siderealist there is much truth in the above quote. I will give an example of one of these potent natal parans with Robert Hands Natal Chart and will give the steps for Janus & SolarFire users how to isolate their own natal parans.

Here are the steps for Janus users to isolate their natal parans:

1: Click on the ?Get? Tab and bring up your Natal Chart

2: Then go to the Tool Bar and Click on List & Scroll down and Click Diurnal Events

3: You should see a page that says Diurnal Events for your Name at the top of the page. Then click the Tab circle next to Parans. Then under Paran Orb use the down arrow and select 2:00 degree orb. This will give you a nice neat list of your Natal Parans.

According to Fagan, these Natal Parans and their symbolism are more potent symbolically than the five major Natal Ptolemaic aspects with the conjunction, sextile, square, trine, and opposition.

Let?s take an example from a well known figure within our own astrological Circle?Robert Hand. Birth Data: Dec. 5th 1942, 7:30:11 PM EWT, Plainfield, NJ. 40N37, 074W25.
Roberts Paran List generated by Janus is: Nep(MC) Sun(Rise); Me(Rise) Ve(Rise); Moon(Set) Mars(Set); Pl(IC) Ur(Rise); Saturn(Rise) Sun(Set); Sun(Set) Me(Set). These six Natal Parans would come to Robert?s Natal angles by diurnal motion Fagan is telling us these Paran Natal Imprints are potent & stronger that our Natal Ptolemaic aspects.

One of Robert?s Natal Parans is an aspect I can readily identify with and that is the Revolutionary Vibration of Uranus-Pluto. In the latter half of the 60?s, Uranus & Pluto was partile conjunct off & on, and there was indeed a Revolutionary Spirit manifesting on our Planet Earth. I myself being labelled a hippie by the social standards in the late 60?s, I contributed my small part to this Cosmic Manifested Revolution. I have a few statements made by Robert Hand and one of these statements is:
?My primary motivation for studying astrology is that if astrology is true, the prevailing world view is not true. My life purpose is to overthrow what I consider as being an evil reality paradigm?.
The degree of arc separating Robert?s Natal Uranus & Pluto is 65 degrees. Most all astrologers would pay absolutely no attention to Robert?s Natal Uranus-Pluto?yet Fagan would consider this a potent signature in Robert?s Natal Chart!

Here are some more quoted words from Reinhold Ebertin?s book, ?Combination of Stellar Influences? pertaining to Uranus-Pluto symbolism. The first printing of this book was in 1940.

?The collapse of the old order of things, the construction of the new. A Revolution. Pioneers, reformers, explorers, people who are very much out of the ordinary or who are endowed with universal genius?.

You see?in this one statement by Robert-- a Natal Imprint of a very strong vibratory tone of the strong Uranus-Pluto revolutionary spirit that flows through Robert?s being. And only the student of Cyril Fagan?s teachings would recognize the importance of this hidden Natal mundane aspect (natal paran) of Uranus-Pluto.

*These Natal Paran Imprints are carried by you no matter where you are living but if you have a change of residence from your birth location, there could be different Paran formations. If you live in another location than your birth location, you can check for Parans by calculating a new birth chart with the exact same birth information including time zone birth?but you would change only the latitude/longitude coordinates to where you presently reside.

Here are the steps to identify Natal Parans with SolarFire. Unfortunately SolarFire does not list our Natal Parans. It takes some mental juggling with the eyes to identify a Natal Paran. I will use Robert Hand?s Natal Paran of Uranus-Pluto to explain:

1: Compute the Natal Chart (for this explanation we will use Robert Hand?s Natal Chart).

2: Once the Chart is calculated?double left click to bring the chart into view on the ?View Chart? Page.. Then on the right hand side of the chart?click Reports. This will bring you to a Chart Report Page.

3: Then in the upper right hand of the Chart Report Page scroll to ?Star Parans? and click. At the top of the page you should see ?Parans to Fixed Stars?. Then on the right hand of this page under ORB?in this window you must change to ORB to 0?00. Then click on an open space inside the scroll bar and this will give you ?Robert Hand- Natal Chart. You will see a speculum that offers all of his natal planetary Parans?but as I said unfortunately not in a simple list form.

4: Note in this speculum, Robert?s ?RISE? sidereal time of his Natal Uranus is 20:45:41 and his Natal Pluto in the ?Lower? (IC) column has an anti-culminating sidereal time of 20:43:32. This is separated by clock time of 2+ minutes. Any planetary combination separated by 8 minutes or less constitutes as a Natal Paran. Again, as I stated it takes some mental juggling with the eyes to isolate one?s Natal Parans.

If you remember President Clinton?s example I used in this topic ?An Excellent Solar Return Book?, Clinton was born with a Natal Moon(IC)-Saturn(Setting) Paran. This Natal Moon-Saturn Paran went from a potential paran to an active Paran on his 1998 Solar Return ?located to Washington DC. A Natal Paran falling in Paran formation on a Solar or Lunar Return is rare?but when it happens the symbolic effect in the manner you react to the symbolism of the Solar Return itself will be striking. Again I say if there was a specialized computer program written specifically for Fagan?s brilliant innovated astrological methodologies?it would absolutely revolutionize the sight of the astrologer.

Regards, Steve

Obama's Lunar Returns

The same guidelines in ?Interpreting Solar Returns? can be used for Lunar Returns. Donald Bradley wrote in his book ?Solar and Lunar Returns?:
?Lunar Returns, while more powerful in immediate effect, are subservient to the preceding solar return.?
I am going to give a recent Lunar Return example for an ?outstanding incident? that occurred to Obama, which exemplifies Bradley?s above quote and also exemplifies the important teachings points from ?Interpreting Solar Returns.? It should be understood Donald Bradley learned from Cyril Fagan pertaining to Solar and Lunar Returns. Bradley states pertaining to Fagan?s re-discoveries about the proper calculations and delineations for Return Charts:
?The whole astrological world is indebted to Mr. Fagan of Dublin, Ireland, for the superb achievements which his discoveries and contributions represent. The reader has an intellectual treat in store in the published writings of this authority on the astrology of antiquity.?
We witness how George W. Bush in his last four years of office led the Republican Party from a most popular Party among the People of the Land to a very un-popular Party with Democrats winning majorities in the House & Senate and subsequently with Obama winning the White House. It now appears the reverse is happening with many Polls indicating the Democrats are going to loose many House & Senate seats in the up-coming Mid-Term Elections. The People of the Land are very restless & pissed off?it doesn?t matter which Party holds the seats of power.

Obama?s preceding Lunar Return before the stunning Senate seat loss in MA-- reveals some striking angular symbolism with several partile aspects. Applying the same guidelines from Jim?s book, ?Interpreting Solar Returns? to Lunar Returns-- reveals to the astrologer a very dynamic Lunar Return for Obama on Dec. 29th 2009. Quoting again from Jim?s book:

[/quote]?It is when angularity and aspect partility coincide that outstanding incidents are most likely to come about.?

This same quoted axiom applies to Lunar Returns! Computing Obama?s Dec. 29th 2009, Precessed Lunar Return in the Tropical Zodiac, relocated to Washington DC?we compute a MC of 19Leo10.

Looking at Obama?s Dec. 29th 2009 SLR we immediately see a very prominent SLR Mars. Mars is dead-on the MC and Stationary in motion. Mars receives partile malefic aspects from Saturn (45 degrees) & Pluto (135 degrees). This is a downright nasty Lunar Return foretelling a very high probability for an ?outstanding incident?. The ?outstanding incident? occurred with the MA. election results on Jan 19th 2010 which slammed the door to Obama?s priority agenda for Health Care Reform.

Other notable partile aspects. Moon is partile 120 Saturn. Saturn is partile 90 Venus & Pluto and partile 45 MC.

Jim?s auxiliary angles are ?accented? with partile planetary action. Neptune is partile 90 the East Point & partile 120 the Vertex. Uranus is tight 90 the Vertex and partile 120 the Eastpoint. This Lunar Return absolutely exhibits text book teaching from Jim?s book ?Interpreting Solar Returns? and perfectly timed the month for an ?outstanding incident?.

*Note: If this SLR is not located to Obama?s residence in Washington DC?the potency and keynote of angular MC Mars is absent. MC symbolizes much to do with career goals & objectives. The MA election results slammed the door shut, at least temporary, on Obama?s main Heath Reform goals & objectives.

Since the MA election results, there has been a frenzy of media material speculating that Obama is leading his Party over a cliff with possible large losses in this Nov. 2nd Mid-Term Elections. Let?s again climb aboard our SoLunars Time Machine, better armed with this ?outstanding incident? of the MA election result (possible trend setter), and see if the teaching language of Jim?s SoLunars Returns methodologies helps us gleam the future pertaining to Obama?s Presidency. Looking at Obama?s Lunar Return (Oct 25th 2010), preceding the Nov. 2nd 2010 Mid-Term Elections with a computed Tropical Precessed Ascendant of 24Aqu57, located to DC, our eyes immediately see an angular hit (Ascendant) of Neptune?mundo as well! Obama?s angular Neptune is afflicted by the two malefics?Mars (tight 90) & a partile 135 to Saturn. Although this Lunar Return does not feature as many partile aspects as his Dec. 29th 2009 SLR, Jim?s book teaches 'Partile aspects reign supreme' but:

?It is when angularity and aspect partility coincide that outstanding incidents are most likely to come about.?
Neptune is angular and receives a partile 135 from Saturn. Let?s see what Bradley?s words from his book Solar and Lunar Returns state from a geo-political and mental frame of mind standpoint for Saturn-Neptune symbolism:
?A real throne-toppler, this. Among its paramount keywords is ?removal,? for Saturn-Neptune surely takes first prize for forcing resignations, abdications, exiles, deportations, and firings from jobs. This combination, in the foreground, more commonly is parasitic in effect?It saps the body of its ?animal heat,? the emotions of their esthetic ardor, and the mind of its quick-wittedness. The native may feel that kind of fatigue which is the forerunner of nervous breakdowns. He becomes petty in his ways of thinking by constant suspicious and jealousies, and frequently may even voice such wishes as that his enemies may die. Saturn-Neptune is a key-producer of neurotic symptoms. An effective keyword is ?worry?; the native is wont to ?fear the worst??
I certainly don?t expect Obama to be removed from office, I am only noting the symbolic tone. This same Saturn-Neptune symbolism was one of the signatures with Bill Clinton?s 1998 Solar Return. Clinton was brought up for impeachment hearings but these hearings was dropped without the ?removal? consequences. Remember this Saturn-Neptune Lunar Return theme is for only a 27 Lunar Month period, not for a long period of time such as the case with a Solar Return; but, this Lunar Return definitely speaks loudly of possible large losses in the House & Senate. Another interesting observation is Obama has the same angular ?theme-setter? signature on his 2010 Solar Return as his 2009 Solar Return, transiting Mercury-Natal Pluto occupies the MC on his 2010 Solar Return, where this same ?theme-setter? occupied his Solar Ascendant on his 2009 Solar Return. Jim teaches the importance of ?theme-setters? in Return Charts are angular planets, both transiting & natal. Again quoting Bradley?s words:
?Mercury-Pluto: Circumstances cause great nervous tension. The native may find himself backed up against the wall of convention or written law, and must ?fight his way out? of his predicament. Crisis arise which tax his patience and force him to ?face the music??
We can clearly see where this same symbolism in his 2009 Solar Return backed him into a corner with the people of the land pertaining to the MA election results. Obama?s 2010 Solar Return with the Mercury-Pluto on the MC may be signaling he finds himself in backed into a corner with his own Party. It remains to be seen or known the damage to Obama?s Party in the up-coming Mid-Term Elections. TIME will tell!

*Again note without relocating Obama to his Residence in Washington DC, the astrologer losses the important angular Neptune symbolism in his Oct 25th 2010 Lunar Return.

Regards, Steve

Attempting to correct some miss-understandings about Fagan

. I have read where one astrologer who has done an intensive research into Fagan?s published writings stated:
?The greatest astrology book of this century has yet to be published; it is available nowhere but in the pages of ?American Astrology??specifically, in the 200-plus issues spanning 1953-1970, which contains (among other things) the full half-million word text of Cyril Fagan?s ?Solunars.? If it weren?t for the forum provided to Fagan AA, it?s unlikely he would have written a tenth as much as he did; all his work and research would be lost or buried away. I wish that an astrologer-philanthropist would put up the money to have all of Fagan?s AA columns compiled into a book; the small proportion of his work that has been compiled is disjointed and confusing, offering no sense of the astrological genius his American Astrology columns reveal. In publishing Fagan every month for almost two decades, AA made an incalculably great contribution to the history of astrology. Another great unpublished book serialized by AA was Donald Bradley?s ?Pow Wow Corner.? Again, without AA much of Bradley?s work might never have been written.?
Fagan and Bradley were colleagues and Jim Eshelman (Interpreting Solar Returns) worked closely with Bradley. After 15 years of researching astrology, I discovered in the early nineties a very small portion of Fagan?s work and was amazed with the richness of planetary symbolism his work revealed. Fagan?s work was technically daunting and never in this life time could I cope with the complex math involved with Fagan?s astrology without the great tool of the PC. But, in 2000 I was able to make contact with an astrologer who contributed greatly to Jim?s book ?Interpreting Solar Returns.? This astrologer helped me to function my computer program where I could better gleam the brilliancy of Fagan?s work. In 2001, I made an attempt to purchase all of Fagan?s AA articles. Unfortunately for me, AA ownership (originated in the 20?s) had changed hands a few times and there was not a complete set of old issues that covered Fagan?s columns. I did not want these past AA issues for commercial purposes?I wanted them for the astrological knowledge they contained, for I had proved to myself that accurately computed Solar Returns was an astrological Key. Jim?s book, ?Interpreting Solar Returns? was published in 1977 after Fagan & Bradley had passed away to the celestial realms; I discovered Jim?s book in 1993. Many astrologers have miss-understood Fagan?s brilliant work because Fagan endorsed the original Sidereal Zodiac of the ancient Egyptians; but, what astrologers did not realize was the true brilliancy of Fagan?s astrological methodologies can also be applied to the Tropical Zodiac. In most astrological circles where Fagan?s named is mentioned--- it creates heated debates arguing tropical & sidereal issues over sign issues. The brilliancy of Fagan?s astrological methodologies has very little to do with sign & constellation issues. These tropical/sidereal debates smothers the brilliancy of Fagan?s pure astrological methodologies. I have recently retired and promise myself in retirement to attempt to pass-on to other serious astrologers the brilliant teachings from Fagan, inspired by ancient Egypt, which Fagan himself passed-on to other few serious astrologers, mainly in his AA articles. Regardless of your choice of astrological teaching schools, Fagan?s methods opens doors to rich astrological symbolism that, at times, are richly intertwined in our lives.

Regards, Steve

Obama?s Natal Secondary Progressed Chart.

Fagan States:
?The old fashioned system of progressions still holds sway. Rightly used it is the main source of prediction and has at times given astonishing results; for this reason it is still deservedly popular. Attributed to the Arabs, it is styled the ?secondary system of directing? to distinguish it from the ?primary system? devised by Claudius Ptolemy, which long ago went out of fashion. In astrological language, the secondary system seeks to interpret the ancient legend that states:

?A year is as a day in the sight of the Lord.?
After researching secondary progressions from the natal chart, I concluded this system offered little symbolism except for progressed moon and progressed angles conjuncting natal or progressed planets. In most cases this secondary progressed motion is too slow to form partile aspects or angular hits for ?outstanding incidents? except maybe a few in a lifetime. However, Obama?s secondary progressed natal chart for 2010, relocated to Washington DC, offers 5 partile aspects (rough symbolism) including an 11 minute approaching conjunction of secondary progressed Saturn partile conjunct the 7th house cusp of relationships. This is absolutely remarkable?I have never seen so many partile progressed aspects with dead-on symbolism describing the psychology of Obama?s ?outstanding incident? regarding his political experiences as President of the US, pertaining to the results of the recent MA. Election results. I have already offered Obama Solunar examples in this Topic pertaining to the potency of partile aspects (one degree or less) when involved with the angles; this symbolizes an ?outstanding incident? relative to the planetary symbolism in the native?s immediate environment.

I will later give the steps in SolarFire for computing a secondary progressed Natal Chart. But first let us look at the planetary symbolism in Obama?s 2010 secondary progressed chart. It is indeed striking and aptly describes his present circumstances. We will use Bradley?s delineated words from his book ?Solar & Lunar Returns.

*Note: The experienced (more so than me) astrologers taught me Fagan?s methods rely mainly on the 8th harmonic aspect series 0, 45, 90, 135, & 180-- with the most emphasis on the 0, 90, and 180. They also use the 60 & 120 but only with the intrinsic meanings of the planets involved in the aspect. In other words a 120 with Mars & Saturn is deemed primary malefic in effect. A 180 of Sun-Jupiter is benefic in effect. This is contrary to traditional teachings on planetary aspects but my experience has proved to me an aspect is more defined by its intrinsic planetary combination.

First, Obama?s progressed 7th house cusp, relocated to DC, for Feb. 9th 2010 is 22Cap04. Note his progressed Saturn is at 23Cap15. This is 11 minutes of arc time for forming a partile conjunction with his progressed 7th House Cusp?this aspect will soon be partile in 2010.

Bradley states:
?Saturn, as a malefic, is essentially destructive, and when it is on an angle, the native?s whole well-being is in the balance. Saturn angular may also be expected to curtail the native?s social interest and activities, for it places him at distinct disadvantage, making him subject to criticism by others.?
Obama?s secondary progressed Saturn, partile conjunct the 7th angle, receives a partile 90 from secondary progressed Mars. Bradley states on Mars-Saturn symbolism:
?No more destructive influence can be found than this planetary combination in major aspect, for it cannot possibly result in good, even when in trine or sextile. ?Brute force? is the apt keynote, for it destroys, pillages, and lays waste. Of course, these are the extreme effects of Mars-Saturn. In everyday life, this vicious partnership inclines to delays and obstacles, which cause the native to strike out clumsily and blindly in an effort to ?save himself and his,? or avert possible misfortunes which may threaten. To be sure, there is no such salvation in the offing, so the erstwhile valiant attempt does more harm than good.?
Obama?s secondary progressed Saturn conjunct his secondary 7th angle also receives a partile 135 from Pluto. Bradley states on Saturn-Pluto symbolism:
?These are aspects which result in the shouldering of unwanted burdens. They denote worries which lead up to some climax in the life. Psychologically, the native becomes calloused in his attitude, bluntly saying what his sentiments are, viz., instead of invoking heaven?s blessing on poor, old Aunt Emma?s soul, he declares outright his hope that she sizzles in Hades.?
Also note secondary progressed Mars is partile 45 secondary progressed Pluto, a harsh malefic aspect adding more fuel the fire. Secondary progressed Mercury is partile conjunct secondary progressed Mars. Bradley says pertaining to Mercury-Mars:
?These configurations result inevitably in such unpleasantries as arguments, accusations, slander, libel, and jumping to conclusions with unfortunate results.?
In order for the celestial mechanisms of our Solar System to get all of these partile aspects in a secondary progressed natal chart relocated to DC is simply amazing. The mathematical odds of this happening are astronomical?pun intended! Obama is rapidly losing his popularity with independent voters?the same voters who elected him?and is in serious jeopardy of doing serious damage to his own party. The Mid-Term Elections will tell us the real truth pertaining to all of this malefic symbolism in his return charts and secondary progressed natal chart. TIME always tells!

Here are the SolarFire steps for computing Obama?s secondary progressed Natal Chart, relocated to DC, FOR Feb. 9th 2010.

1: Compute Natal Chart
2: Under the current setting on the ?Calculated Charts Page, click on Angle Progressions. This brings you to the ?Preferences Page. Under Chart Angle Progression, Click the down arrow and Click on Naibod In RA. Then Click button next to Bija (Q1)?then click OK.

3: Highlight Natal Chart

4: Go to upper left hand corner and click on ?Chart? scroll down to ?Progressed? and Click or keystroke F4. Under location click button next to ?Relocated? and in the ?Place? Window put in coordinates of Washington DC. Then Click OK which computes Obama?s 2010 secondary progressed Natal Chart. Make sure you relocate his progressed Natal Chart to DC.

Regards, Steve
Last edited by Steve on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reflected Thoughts

?One of astrology?s basic doctrines, handed down through the centuries, is that the angles of the horoscope?the horizon and meridian ?represent the most powerful, active, dynamic areas of any map. The primary importance for analyzing Solar Returns is the principle of angularity. Angular Planets and their aspects are the theme-setters.? Jim Eshelman, ?Interpreting Solar Returns.?
Throughout this topic with its example charts-- you will notice that the ?outstanding incidents? are occurring in one?s life when angularity and partile aspects appear in a map, particular Solunar maps.

Fagan writes from Solunars Handbook, (an old Solunar column from American Astrology Magazine) ?According to Hermes:?
?The wisest Babylonians, Persians, Indians and Egyptians Kings, undertook nothing in any year without examining their solar revolutions; and if they found the year good they set to work, otherwise they reframed. The astrologers for the kings examined the nativities of their generals and observed their solar revolutions, and if they found that for one of the generals the return indicated power and victory, they sent him against the enemy, otherwise they left him aside. And the ancient astrologers observed the nativities not only of their generals, but of ambassadors to see if their anniversary indicated a successful result. If it signified prosperity they sent them, but if not, they appointed, instead, others whose anniversary did presage success?.?
Have you ever pondered where the old saying of ?Many Happy Returns? originated? Have you ever pondered the fact the Pharaonic civilization of ancient Egypt, after pre-history and its lost civilizations, lasted four millenniums (4,000 years) before its disappearance? In all of our known civilizations of written history, the ancient Egyptian civilization flourished the longest amount of time---ancient Egypt defeated all of its enemies up to the Greek invasion. Egypt initiated very few outsiders into their vast knowledge of Sacred Science including Astrology. How many present or historic astrologers do you know who were Egyptologist? Fagan was an accomplish Egyptologist and made many ?fact finding tours? to Egypt and its ancient culture and proves to the open and discerning minds in his book ?Astrological Origins;? the astrologers of ancient Egypt were making their astrological calculations in the Sidereal Zodiac. Fagan?s brilliant astronomical scholarship allowed him to realize that when the New Greek Tropical Zodiac was introduced, astrologers for 2000 years were calculating their solar revolutions with a gross astronomical/mathematical error. The Sidereal Zodiac accounts mathematically for Precession. The Tropical Zodiac does not account for Precession. So, Fagan was the great astrological historian who re-introduced to the modern world of astrology the correct calculations for computing a Solar Return in either Zodiac. When Fagan tried to tell the modern world of astrologers his astrological, historical discovery?he was basically scorned and laugh at by modern astrologers because he used the word Sidereal for referencing the original Zodiac of the ancients. There were only a few astrologers before the advent of the PC who could calculate the correct math and started mathematically computing accurate Solar Returns. This brings up back to the importance of angularity in Solar & Lunar Return Maps. The few astrologers who started calculating Solar Returns, accounting for Precession, soon realized ?the Solar Return was the basis of the most powerful forecasting system presently known to astrological technology.? The main reason these few astrologers started seeing the ?golden light? of these new calculated return charts was the simple reason that these return maps calculated accurately the mundane position of the angles and solar moon positions; whereas, a Solar or Lunar Return cast in the Tropical Zodiac, without accounting for Precession, gives false mundane positions of the angles and moon. I have been attempting to give in this topic, with chart examples, the profound planetary symbolism associated with the angles and solar moon. The ancient left us a grand symbol-- the Circle with a Cross inscribed inside the Circle. This symbol predates the Greeks and Christianity and is coded into ancient Egyptian buildings. When we compute our scopes with the PC, we are looking at a Circle and a Cross (not always equal 90 degree quadrants) where the horizon and meridian points offer us the four angles of a scope. The angles of our individual scopes are what truly individualize moments in our lives when planetary symbolism manifests ?incidents? in our lives. The profound Knowledge Fagan re-discovered, that had been lost for 2000 years with the introduction of the new Tropical Zodiac, was accurate Solar & Lunar Returns which precisely calculates all of our return angles and the accurate position of the all important solar moon?from our birth TIME. Again, it?s our individual Return Crosses that we all bear throughout life that allows the astrologer to see/understand profound planetary manifestations which at times produces ?outstanding incidents? relative to our individual living environments. Fagan re-discovered the ancient knowledge for us to compute our all important individual return crosses and our important correct positions of all our solar moons. Jim?s book ?Interpreting Solar Returns,? is a small condensed book pertaining to the working knowledge of those few astrologers who had passed away; but, had recognized the brilliancy of Fagan?s historical discoveries pertaining to the ancient astrologers. Jim?s book never penetrated its mark into the field of modern mainstream astrology.

Anyone who has Peter Tompkins book, ?The Secrets of the Great Pyramid? should read Chapter X11. ?Astronomical Observatory.? This Chapter offers brilliant analysis, by Richard Anthony Proctor (a Royal British Astronomer) that the Great Pyramid before it was completed-- was an Astrological/Astronomical Observatory which precisely calculated transits to the horizon/meridian Angles. This also allowed the ancient Egyptian astrologer to see and know when a Paran, the most potent configuration in the field of astrology, was forming with Stars or Planets.

Regards, Steve