I'm glad you got something back from all your hard work, Andrew :'

Now then, what have I learnt from today? As I said, Sunderland/Everton was the real test and I got it wrong. It seems that above/below horizon was too simplistic in this case. Perhaps it's enough for a home/fave to win (ManC) but there needs to be something more for an away/underdog to win. There were no other testimonies for Everton in the chart, hence they could only manage a draw. I also take on board John's observation re the M/R by term.

It's also interesting to note what happens if a sig crosses the horizon during a game. Venus (ManC) crossed during the first half, so at the beginning of the second half it was below the horizon. Both goals were scored in the first half; nothing further happened in the second half. The game was won in the first half. This kind of information is useful for betting purposes. The same thing occurred in the Spurs/Wolves game that I mentioned in my original post. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

Jupiter and Mars crossing the MC/IC during the games was also significant from a goal-scoring point of view. I wasn't sure exactly how it would work out beforehand but, as usual, it's so much clearer with hindsight :P

I examined this method on the Liverpool-Wolves (2:0) game. 12.26. 17:30 ASC 24CAN32.

Liverpool red -> Mars. Wolves orange -> Sun. I find that Wolves 1st kit quite interesting, "quite dark" for orange, hesitated about Saturn, but not that dark, so Sun.

Both planets were below the horizon. Mars semi-square Saturn, Sun square Saturn. Mars retrograde, on the other hand, Mars in Leo, his essential dignity better than that of Sun's.

So, both below the horizon, Mars a bit better situated, and what's more important, Pool strong fave at home, I put the money on them (as part of a double bet) and they won. As for the method, it was OK for me - had the significator of Wolverhampton been above the horizon predicting would have been harder.
Ficina wrote:... if a sig crosses the horizon during a game ... as usual, it's so much clearer with hindsight ...
Probably just a coincidence, but... When the game began, Sun was closer to the horizon (DSC) than Mars (to ASC). Wolves played quite well during the 1st half, even missing big chances. But, as the ASC-DSC angle moved, when the 2nd half started, it was Mars that was closer to the angle. A Wolves player was sent off, then Pool scored, and from that moment everything was OK for them.

But to be precise, Mars didn't go above the horizon during the game, around to end of the game, it was about 4 degrees from the ASC.

Good to hear that the method worked and that you won some money :) Perhaps Mars retro indicates that Liverpool are 'getting back' to their winning ways?

BTW, Wolves' home kit is actually gold (or old gold), not orange, but you gave them the Sun anyway so that's OK. Our colour association seems to be working well so far.

Ficina wrote:BTW, Wolves' home kit is actually gold (or old gold), not orange, but you gave them the Sun anyway so that's OK.
:oops: You are absolutely right. Recognizing colors, is not one of my strengths, to be honest. :D Nevertheless, I have doubts about the white - Moon association. For me, the Moon is silver, or gray, but not white. I'm probably wrong, I'm going to experiment with this, it won't be hard as teams wearing white are frequent. Instead of the Moon, I would assign Venus to the white team.

You make a good point. Funnily enough, I was discussing this earlier today with a friend who said she would also give white to Venus. And remember in the summer when we talked about giving white to Saturn? I think this was based on what Deb said on the colour thread.

In fact, I would be quite happy to leave the Moon out altogether so that it can be freed up for other purposes. As you say, there will be plenty of opportunities for experimentation.

And remember in the summer when we talked about giving white to Saturn?

I do remember a British relay team in the Summer Olympics a few seasons back. It would have been either the 4x100m or the 4x400m. The team consisted of 3 coloured gentlemen with roots from Africa. The 4th runner was a white guy, but his name was 'Black'. :shock:
http://www.astronor.com

OK, thanks Andrew :???:

In order to try and keep the forum tidy, I suggest we post all future predictions relating to football on the monthly football thread so they are all in one place. I see John is already doing this :'

This thread can still be used for general comments and suggestions regarding alternative methods for allocating significators etc.

Ficina wrote:... who said she would also give white to Venus ... As you say, there will be plenty of opportunities for experimentation.
A little hindsight. :) I read the other thread. Chelsea-Fulham and Everton-Burnley -> both guest teams are white - Moon; but let's examine the Venus idea! In both cases, it's Jupiter against Venus. Both planets are above the horizon. The home sides are faves in both cases, so you could say, fave was going to win (which happened) as astrology doesn't suggest the opposite.

But, that's not all. Jupiter's situation seems better:
- Venus square Saturn
- Venus conjunct Pluto
- Venus combust
- being in the 7th house - Venus - is cool according to the Accidental dignities table, but Jupiter is in the 10th which is even better
- near the end of the 1st half, Venus crosses the DSC and goes below the horizon. While Jupiter remains "above the line" during the matches

There was Tottenham-West Ham (2:0) today at 12:45. Ficina, do you happen to know the colors they wore? If the Hotspurs were white, Venus is somewhat OK again, as it (she) was firmly above the horizon back then, in the 9th house. But what colors were WHU wearing? Maybe red? Mars is OK, being well below the line.

Taurean, you have made a very good case for using Venus for Fulham and Burnley :' Poor old Venus is rather under-employed in my colour scenario, with very few teams wearing pastels.

From the link kindly provided by Goca, you will see that Spurs were indeed wearing white. West Ham were in their usual strip of claret and sky blue - which is actually mainly claret (maroon) with only a tiny bit of blue, so perhaps they shouldn't be Mercury (two colours) after all. I'm not quite sure how I'd allocate maroon - it's sort of between red (Mars) and purple (Jupiter).

A retrospective on yesterday's games.

Liverpool - white = Moon, above the horizon in 10th
Aston Villa - claret/blue = Mercury, below horizon in 5th

Liverpool won 1-0. Beforehand I obviously didn't know whether Liverpool would wear their black or white away strip. If they'd worn black, making them Saturn, below horizon, Saturn's essential dignity (exaltation and term) might have given them the edge (especially as they were faves) over Mercury which has none. I almost felt like emailing them, saying "Wear White!" :D

Bolton - white = Moon, above horizon in 10th
Hull - light blue = Venus, below horizon in 5th

Result 2-2. I would have gone for Bolton but it looks like Venus's minor dignity by term got Hull the draw.