Fame in natal chart

Hello, i am reading your forum very often and I think its one of the best. I want to share some insights with you regarding fame in natal chart.

Can somebody explain me traditional astrology ways for finding fame in chart.

I was little studying some traditional authors about this subject. So I find one work about so called "ruller of exaltation". What do you think about that ?

many authors agree that many famous perons has connection between Moon and Jupiter, they are also writing about some special degrees.

Can somebody tell me which is official traditional standing about this matter ?

where is the difference betwen famous and ordinary person.
As long as you remember me I ll never be too far

"Fame" is a matter of degree. Tiger Woods is internationally famous. The New York Yankees are nationally famous. The governor of New Jersey is regionally famous. The local high school football star is locally famous. I don't know that there is any quick and dirty way of spotting that. I'll pass on two.

1) Morin talked about honors and I think this is better than famous because the two go hand in hand, although degree is not part of it. The ruler of the first in the tenth or the ruler of the 10th in the first are indications of honors or perhaps fame at some level. This is not a guarantee however, but it is something to look for. Having the Sun or Jupiter on the MC are also things to look for, but in and of themselves are probably not enough. Directions or progressions to these places are also worth looking at.

2) The next level would be fixed stars in prominent places, on the ASC, MC or on the rulers of same or the lights. The combination of 1) above plus this is a better indication of fame.

This is not to say that one cannot become famous unless the above conditions are met. There is no one surefire guaranteed technique for determining this and the chart really shows potential, not guarantees.

There is a method from Hellenistic astrology called "Zodiacal releasing of spirit." I don't know how to do this, perhaps someone more familiar with Greek astrology can explain that.

What does seem to matter is that testimonies should somehow pile up at a particular time, all indicating the same thing. These testimonies are taken from the natal, directions, progressions or even solar arc directions, solar returns and maybe transits. It's not going to jump out at us.

Tom

Though I have no other intention here, than to convey - my thanks for an excellent answer given by Tom.
But to make my post some what meaningful , I would add , Moon rising with prominent Jupiter (say in conjunction with Regulus) in aspect with Murcury can make one's famous...also intersting would be to look at the aspects which make one 'Controversial!
I have Murcury Conj Mars in h3 trined by Uranus from h7, and squared by Jupiter (close to cusp of H7)..no matter where I have gone, I have found myself getting involved in Controversies.
"You are a Divine expression of the Universe"

Hello Vindex and all,

I have seen a few methods offered by astrologers both ancient and modern in assessing degree of fame in a chart. I will try to outline the few that I am aware of:

1. General methods
Most astrologers (especially modern) give fame, status and profession to the tenth house. This is logical in the modern world where most of us are famous or honoured through our professions. Profession here can mean what you do for a living as well as simply what you do in your life to fulfil your raison d'etre. The ancients called the tenth house the house of ?praxis? which can be translated to ?what you do?. However, there are some people who have one job that he does for a living but famous for another thing (not his profession or work). An astrologer will have to differentiate whether a planet that rules his MC (or tenth house) is an indication of his success in his profession (which may or may not include fame) and simply fame or status (which may or may not have anything to do with his profession!).
If a planet that has significations of profession (the three fast moving planets viz. Mercury, Venus and Mars) is located near the MC (or even any angles), it can be a strong candidate for profession (not fame/status per se).
If the greater benefic Jupiter is located in the tenth house (esp. near the MC), it can signify fame (especially in a day chart).
If Jupiter is the domicile or exaltation ruler of MC (especially exaltation ruler) and it is located in the tenth or first, it can also indicate fame/status. The same can also be said for Sun, Moon and Saturn (for Saturn, it should be a day chart for Moon, a night chart). If Saturn is the domicile or exalted ruler of the tenth, it gives more authority/status rather than fame. If Moon is the domicile or exalted ruler of the tenth, it gives fame in terms as ?favoured by many?. More so if the exalted/domicile lord aspects the luminary in sect (sun by day and moon by night). Exalted lord is given more emphasis compared to domicile (if exalted lord exists!). Domicile lord is usually more determined towards profession. Why tenth and first? Because they are the best of the angular houses. Angular means ?in the spot light? which is close to what modern people refer to as fame. Even more so if these exalted/domicile lords of the tenth house are dignified by exaltation themselves (in the signs where they are exalted). In domicile usually means highly skilful or resourceful, not necessarily famous. To be famous is to be ?exalted?.

2. Fixed Stars
Conjunctions of natal planets with powerful benefic fixed stars can confer fame (especially Asc and MC ? remember that conjunctions with Asc and MC are very sensitive to birth times!). Parans of powerful benefic fixed stars to planets (especially personal planets i.e. luminaries, Mercury, Venus and Mars) can also confer fame. Just remember that if paran is used, the significations apply to all births o f the same day ? hence, the planet that are in paran relationship with the fixed star should be located in powerful houses for the effects of the fixed star to be conspicuous.

3. Triplicity/Trigon Method
Following Dorotheus and partly Valens, the triplicity (trigon) lords of the luminary in sect (sun by day, moon by night) is the first consideration of ?fortunes in rank?. Dorotheus seems to say (see Carmen Astrologicum) that if the first and second triplicity lord of luminary in sect are in angles and good condition (i.e. not afflicted) ? the chart will be high in the rating of ?fortunes in rank?. Obscure life is prognosticated for those who have all triplicity rulers cadent and/or afflicted.

4. The five places of dignities
Hellenistic astrologers also look into these places for indications of fame i.e. Lot of Fortune, Lot of Spirit, Lot of Basis, Lot of Exaltation and Place of exaltation (which is the eleventh house from Lot of Fortune).
The most important is the tenth from Lot of Fortune. Hellenistic astrologers seem to use two ?ascendants?. The first is the normal ascendant that everybody uses and the second is the ascendant based on the Lot of Fortune (the sign where Lot of Fortune is located is the derived ascendant). Angular houses relative to Lot of Fortune are considered ?more active? than angular houses relative to the normal ascendant (Valens). Hence, Jupiter in the 10th sign from Lot of Fortune is considered very good in terms of fame especially if it is also the Lord of Ascendant or Lord of Lot of Fortune itself.
To see how all of these 5 places of fame indicators work, please refer to Antoine Garth?s Five Pillars of Fate: Fortune and Destiny in Astrology (http://www.scribd.com/doc/6956746/Five- ... -Astrology)

As for the Zodiacal releasings, relasing from Lot of Spirit can tell us the peak times of fame/honors/dignities but these must be promised in the natal chart itself.

wow astrojin i ll print what you wrote.

I ll give you now some of my insights.

I think that people who changed the world forever had strong Taurus / Scorpio axis and I ll explain why.

Nobody knows for sure why is 3 Taurus point where Moon is exalted. W do know that Moon is exalted in Taurus but we can t know for sure why exactly is that 3 degree. We have knowledge that egypt astrologers had influence in forming 3 degree of Taurus as Moon exaltation.

moon represents all other people and their reaction to us. how they respond. public.

i was little researching and i found that many famous people (when i say famous i meant people who changed the world) had somethin important on 3 taurus / 3 scorpio axis.

Example: creator of muslim religion Muhamed - Jupiter 0 Saturn - 3 Scorpio.

Elton John had fantastic emotional song on princess Diana funeral - Moon 0 Uranus 3 taurus.

I had over 600 examples where people of this sort had these aspect.
As long as you remember me I ll never be too far

okay

well i was looking at fame in my own chart cause well i have reinvented my life
so to speak or i am starting to go towards a dream that i guess was inside of me for a long long time

i doing music now

ex dancer and ex trained actor

so here i am now

now jupiter is conjunct my mc
it is in taurus
and my singing voice is quite good ya
and my songs are good
i am a leo ac and have the moon and mercury in my fifth house

but i am not sure cause my jupiter is retrograde
so maybe that does not mean i am not going be famous
that perhaps it will be delayed as it seems it might

i am a sag sun so very good with the people
have scorpio in venus and neptune in venus in my 4th house opposing the jupiter

i am wondering about what stars to look at it sorry maybe i am out line here and imposing my need to understand my chart better
and maybe it does not matter if i am famous
cause i do want to change the world in my own way
i do have a lot to say and i have gotten better at saying it

but who knows

a thorough Traditional Natal Chart reading would probably be pretty cut and dry on whether you will achieve lasting fame in this lifetime...and when. Personally when I look at a chart I take into consideration the drive of the individual, sometimes striving is stronger in the chart than succeeding.
Western Predictive Astrology by Estebon Duarte Independent Researcher AMA MACAA
Natal Chart & Annual Solar Revolution Reports
www.organic-astrology.com

I heard there was a Part of Fame but I can't remember how it was calculated. I was also told to check for Royal Stars in the natal chart as this would be a testimony of the person getting some type of elevation in life if placed well within the chart.
Then to look at the pre-natal eclipse to see if the natal chart plugs into the eclipse chart and if it does then the person would more likely take part in the events of the time. The more plugged in the more important to the time the person would be. I think this may come from Ptolemy but I could be wrong.

Chrissie

Maxz wrote:
Chrissie Davidson wrote:I heard there was a Part of Fame but I can't remember how it was calculated.
FAME = ASC + Jupiter - Sun (AM) :: ASC + Sun - Jupiter.
Interesting that this is the same formula for the Part of Medicine...

Hi,
Arihant wrote:....I would add , Moon rising with prominent Jupiter (say in conjunction with Regulus) in aspect with Murcury can make one's famous....
Just wanted to emphasise that a prominent Moon (denotes people in Mundane Astrology) can also bring fame and popularity.

Cheers, Solaqua