Antisica and Unexplained Events

Hi

I'm not as conversant with natal astrology as I am with horary, because I use it so much less. But with the little natal astrology I do, I use more traditional techniques like profection and firdaria.

For the past few years, I've been having some really odd experiences that don't seem to be lessening over time. The firdaria I entered during that time was Jupiter. The position of Jupiter in my chart is 21 Leo, which forms an antiscion with Sun at 10 Taurus. My Sun sits close to the cusp of my twelfth house.

Sun rules my third and fourth houses. Jupiter rules only my seventh house. I wonder if anyone else has seen antiscia associated with paranormal or unexplained events?

Any remarks would be welcome.
"Id rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance"

For the life of me I've never associated the spooks I've known with astrological events or qualities, so I can't help you with fidaria.

But if you've got something in the night that's driving you crazy, tell me & maybe we can figure it out & fix it.
www.AstroAmerica.com
Better books make better astrologers. Treat yourself!

Hi, Dave

Thanks for rising to the challenge!

So, what do you think Lilly means by "bewitchment?" It's not something we talk about so much in this day and age, but it is a topic he addressed.
Certainly supernatural in nature. What condition do you think he could be describing?

Just to be clear, I'm fine with the things that are going on with me now, although I've certainly had negative experiences in the past. I don't have any sense of wanting to "get rid of" my particular spook. These are incredibly good experiences, not bad ones. But certainly not rationally explicable. Perhaps my Jupiter firdaria have activated the benefic side of spookiness for me. . . smile.

Best,

Pam
"Id rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance"

Regret I wasn't expecting to be challenged by Lilly.

Have you closely studied Lilly Book 3?

Have you found the various mistakes in it?

Have you noted his flight from London to the countryside, to avoid a sudden plague?

Did you notice that two of his servants unexpectedly died while he was in transit? While he was furiously trying to finish his book, in fear of his own death?

Now.

Did you ever see the 1659 edition of Christian Astrology?

Did you notice that it is word for word exactly the same as the 1647 edition? Mistakes, asides, warts & all ?

But Lilly was an accomplished writer. No writer would have ever permitted the many mistakes, the many personal & topical asides, to stand.

Therefore the 1659 edition was pirate.

When Lilly discovered his fine book had been stolen, he cursed all those who would attempt publication in the future. Which was why his book was highly prized, but for more than three centuries, nearly impossible to get.

I myself was on the receiving end of a long litany of woes from Clive Kavan, publisher of the Regulus facsimile edition of 1985. That he literally went mad from all the many problems he experienced while preparing his fine edition. This was over the phone while I was living in Santa Fe, in 1998.

A month or two later, Olivia Barclay phoned & asked if there was any way that I could publish the book, as Clive's stock was exhausted. I thought it a reasonable request, and, having a very nice photocopier in the next room, I set about, with manic intensity, to make a master copy, that perhaps I could use in order to make some sort of comb-bound version.

It took about an hour & long before I was finished I noticed a funny sort of headache building up. I thought I knew what it was. I finished the copy, and phoned a friend in California. She confirmed my hunch.

Whereupon we set upon the curse & burned it up. It looked like a big tangled knot of black snakes. About as big as a black cat, actually. Which I think accounts for the stories of witches & black cats. They're not cats at all, but various half-formed curses & spells they have lying around. You can see them out of the corner of your eye. Scurrying about.

It wasn't the first thing like that that I had burned up, nor the last. It took a long time & a lot of concentration. It was a pretty serious thing.

It is said that Lilly gave up magic in order to practice astrology, but it appears that he kept his magical hand. A well-made curse will easily last centuries.

You were asking about Lilly & witchcraft ?

In a month, maybe two, I will have a new, reset, clean, edition of Joseph Blagrave's Astrological Practice of Physick, with more about witches than you have previously imagined.

There are some nice spooks out there, but there are many which are not.
www.AstroAmerica.com
Better books make better astrologers. Treat yourself!

Thanks for your response, Dave, for sharing your experiences, and for the fascinating plug for your new publication. Hats off to you! So far, I'm keeping my personal experiences on the private side. I am interested, however, in knowing how to identify these things on a chart.

So if anyone else has read charts for supernatural events, please let us know what you have found!

Dr farr, with your interest in medical astrology, what have you found about supernatural causes of illness? Saunders and Lilly both mention them. I would consider the possibility of a supernatural Mercury affliction in my own case, except the events continue consistently, not acutely, and Jupiter is the current time Lord.

Best,

Pam

In a brief answer to your question, I have found a great deal, and have found it to be much more common than "well educated" people in modern society imagine. But this is a subject one doesn't go into-publicly-else they gain a reputation as a "nut" or "wierdo"-not a desirable "title" for a person in the field of professional healing!

I shall, however, point you to the following three (easily available) books (Amazon)-reprints of older works-in which you will find more information regarding this matter:

+Some Unrecognized Factors in Medicine: Edmunds

+Occult Science in Medicine: Hartmann

+Occult Causes of Disease (Being a Compendium of the Teachings of Paracelsus): Wolfram