Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Should I stop using tarot/divination tools?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AquariusMoonPerson

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Should I stop using tarot/divination tools? Reply with quote

I have become pretty addicted to tarot cards and have been confused, discouraged and its worrying me because I am usually not like this at all!
About 80% or more of the time, supposed outcomes are never realized! Though when I read on what is currently going on, in the present moment, readings are spot on but outcomes are never realized and then I keep doing more and more readings and it stresses me out. Should I just stop all together? I attached a chart on my question. Question basically is should I give up on the cards and why the outcomes are never fully realized?

asked Sa. December 5, 2009 10:08 PM in Washington D.C.

I am the Sun and Moon, Sagittarius and Leo.
Tarot cards is the 9th house for divination, Mars in Leo.
Moon and Mars will soon conjunct, but before that Sun and Mars will trine. But Mars and Moon are in the 12th, the house of my hidden life.
Mars is in terms of the Sun and I am in Sagittarius very fond of spirituality, could be indicative of a good relationship between the cards and I?
I am really not getting a negative vibe from the chart.
yuzuru

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you noticed that you are using divination too much and your solution was to use a different kind of divination? I hope you see the problem here.

If you are using divination too much, it becomes simply coincidence, so it is no wonder it doesn´t work. You are probably either 1- asking the same question hoping it will change by magic, 2 - asking trivial questions because of anxiety or 3 - asking questions that are entwined.

My advice is to stop cold turkey. After a while you can play again but only for other people, and if everything is ok, then you can see if you should read for yourself again.

My impression is that astrologers who get to the level of proficiency with horary, usually don´t ask more than one or two personal horaries for year. More than that can be a red flag.

Best regards
Y
AquariusMoonPerson

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not that i ask the q's over and over again, i just ask a lot of q's for myself mostly and for friends/family. i use it for everything, jobs, romance, travel, what resturaunt to eat at that night, everthing, its stupid! and yes i realize i am using another divination tool, with the horary chart Confused .
pankajdubey

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@AquariusMoonPerson

And how many of your horaries have been spot on ? Very Happy

My success rate for Tarot and horaries are the same crying both are very descriptive though !!

PD
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m sure you won’t need to stop forever, but you do need to stop for now. Divination should be the last resort, not the first, but you’ve become so reliant on the process that it’s undermined your common sense and intuitive instinct. Without a good sense of judgement for yourself, you can’t get good readings out of charts or cards. This is why the considerations in horary remind us that we shouldn’t make judgements on light or trivial things, only on matters that have already been given a lot of thought. Its become a bad habit which you need to quit to get back in control.

Good luck
Deb
Eddy

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a problem I recognize. Astrology/divination can be addictive. I'm afraid I would be tempted to do the same if I would know horary astrology, perhaps this is why I never learned horary. As I don't plan to do astrology on a larger scale to serve other people in a professional astrological way, I'm simply afraid I would ask too many trivial questions for myself. However one might run the risk to do the same with other kinds of prognostication like transits, directions or even with the natal chart.

Quote:
My impression is that astrologers who get to the level of proficiency with horary, usually don´t ask more than one or two personal horaries for year. More than that can be a red flag.
Could I deduce from this that this would also count for questions of others? What should a horary astrologer do when (s)he gets the same client every month or even more often, even when with serious questions?
Olivia

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I answer the clients' question. If they don't know how to ask proper horary questions, I work with them on that, too.

But I don't have clients calling every day asking which restaurant to go to. That I might have a problem with. There are periods in your life when a lot of serious stuff can crop up, though.

For me? I usually end up doing three or four horaries a year, most of them about medical treatment (boring, but a constant in my life). Occasionally something else, but I don't ask that many horaries.
Debbie

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: addicition Reply with quote

I have experienced the addiction probably myself. I have started to take my meditation more seriously and have turned inward. Also, when you go to a tarot reader, it seems the answers are also in synch with the ability of the reader and their ability to step back and not put their issues into a reading.
Tracey

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My kids do this all the time and will grow up to be horary addicts if I am not careful (a symptom of the on-demand times we live in perhaps) because whenever they lose something, especially my son who cannot be bothered to look or think, they come running asking for me to set up a horary. I tell them to look absolutely everywhere before a chart will be drawn up....I flatly refuse until the looking has been exhausted or it gets to crisis point that we need to find it. I feel it is debasing astrology otherwise and the chart will let me know this by being unreadable. Invariably it will take about two minutes to locate the object once it has got to crisis point. Often times the horary chart acts as a jog to one's own memory and once you retrieve keywords from significators placements you will remember what the last thing was that you were doing. I agree with Yuzuru, one or two charts a year, maybe more if there are family members in the house who rely on the Great Lost Object Oracle inside the computer!

Tracey
AquariusMoonPerson

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pankajdubey wrote:
@AquariusMoonPerson

And how many of your horaries have been spot on ? Very Happy

My success rate for Tarot and horaries are the same crying both are very descriptive though !!

PD

well I have been told its not good to read tarot for youself, because fears and insecurities get in the way, so i let my other friends read my tarot cards. and very few outcomes and 'predictions' have come true. i honeslty do not know why. thats why i get discouraged. horary is better i think, give more information. i cannot read horary fluently, thats why i prefer to let others read it for me, but the horary astrologers have been pretty spot on, scarily!
but a couple times the outcomes were not accurate, but if the outcome is negative, i change it and make it positive, i made it positive a couple of times.
AquariusMoonPerson

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I literally had a dream to stop using tarot LOL. Tongue Out and that still hasnt stopped me, in my dream a tarot reader told me I have been reading tarot all wrong, and I should stop and gave me predictions that were completely opposite of my predictions, which was positive actually. that should've encouraged me to be more positive in life, but made me more nervous and anxious Shocked Shocked .

Deb: You are right, divination should be the last resort, and at one point it used to be!
I need to get my life in control. My mother reads cards too but very rarely uses it for herself, in fact she said she hasn't done a reading for herself in years! Lately since I have been addicted to divination, I have had positive dreams with messages and wonderful things I have seen in my dreams...then of course I use tarot to tell me what the dreams meant LOL Confused . My mother says I should just listen to my dreams and quit for now, tarot.
Tanit

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very common among readers, especially new ones. When I first started, I couldn't go a day without asking a question, and I often repeated the same questions. One of my friends also started to use me as an "oracle," because she was amazed at my accuracy - and would ask me q's that were for entertainment value vs. real significance. I think, in a way, it is good to ask many and varied questions in the beginning because you need experience, and first-hand experience is usually the most significant for you and impacts how you learn/grow as an astrologer. But abusing divination is never wise and lessens your free will.

I would say cold-turkey is very difficult, but I have done that. I even deleted my entire database once, which I regret now because I lost many good charts. Cutting back is easier, and focusing in on other people's questions is really more rewarding (and challenging).
Debbie

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: addiction Reply with quote

Besides meditation, I also have started a journal to find some of my answers on my own.
Olivia

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually lost friends because I wouldn't read for them constantly - like on a daily basis, or even more often.

It's often trivial questions, or questions they've asked a thousand times, they don't like the answer, and want to probe into 'well, why is it not the way I want it to be?' with cards or charts instead of thinking about it.

Scary stuff.
Tanit

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've actually lost friends because I wouldn't read for them constantly - like on a daily basis, or even more often.

Wow, that's very sad. And it sounds like they weren't good friends to begin with. It is no loss to you. I have met people online who were obsequious, and have tried to stake claims on me, but I always call them on it. Obviously if you use divination, you are not particularly dense and can pick up on when someone is using you as their free psychic friends network. For some reason people don't always get that! Sick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: