Seems it was a case of the blue teams just managing to hold out against the reds until Jupiter crossed the Desc, and then the goals came. Arsenal scored exactly as Jupiter crossed, although the ball was deflected off a Portsmouth player! Then ManU scored. Then both Arsenal and ManU scored at the same time just as the Moon trine Jupiter perfected :D

On the basis that Moon trine Jupiter produces lots of goals, I've done a double on both Arsenal and ManU scoring 3+ goals. One more each, please!

Portsmouth 1 - 4 Arsenal
Man Utd 5 - 0 Wigan

Plenty of goals! I did a scoreline bet on Arsenal to win 3-1. They got one too many but at least Portsmouth did manage to score.
Taurean wrote:I would assign Mercury to Wigan, instead of Jupiter. I understand that dress is mainly blue, but contains a fair amount of white as well. We will see! Mercury is firmly below the line.
Yes, I agree there is a lot of white so I think your choice of Mercury makes sense here, especially as Wigan didn't manage to score (as I thought they would do if they were Jupiter).

Just a comment on the Portsmouth goal.

I have Jupiter conjunct the Part of Fortune and the planetary hour had just changed from Moon to Saturn.

The only other thing was that the Ascendant and MC signs had changed since kick off time

Portsmouth 1 - 4 Arsenal
Man Utd 5 - 0 Wigan
Ficinia wrote:I did a scoreline bet on Arsenal to win 3-1.
Not bad at all, Ficina. Terrific odds! This is comparable to my 0-4, 1-4 and 0-5 prediction for Stockport-Leeds. With the game ending 2-4 I still got it wrong. :(

It doesn't take a lot of imagination to 'think' Portsmouth - Arsenal 1-4, nor ManU beating Wigan 5-0. Nor putting the two in a combination. But you do have to close your eyes and flip a coin before let your imagination flow and take you where it wants. At least from where we are at the moment. There were 5 goals in both matches. There are a lot of goals about a present. In the Scotish Premier' Rangers beat Dundee U with a whopping 7-1. Maybe we can start some new threads in 2010, one that covers 0-0 draws and another that covers extreme numbers of goals.

I am sure I am running a profit this year, but mainly due to my ?1500 scoop on the Eurovision Song contest. With football games I have to think about the rational of it all - particularly when the players are fighting a snow storm, splashing around in half a foot of water - or a game comes to life and is decided in extended time. But there is something with the sporting, gaming and mental exercise that is positive and we should continue to examine the variables from different angles.

Good Luck to all! See you next year. :'
http://www.astronor.com

The double I mentioned on Arsenal and ManU both to score 3+ goals gave a return of 6.20 which more than covered my other two incorrect bets and produced a small profit, so I'm happy with that :) This kind of bet is safer than trying to predict the exact scoreline. Total number of goals scored in the game is another option.

As I said, no goals were scored until Jupiter crossed the Desc. A 'time of first goal' bet is generally rather risky but would have worked out correctly in the Portsmouth/Arsenal game.

It has been said to me that if you look hard enough you can make anything fit in astrology.
I don't have a reason for the five goals.
Events when Man United scored
Jupiter below the horizon 1-0
Moon exact trine with Jupiter 2-0
Moon then goes void 3-0
Ascendant moves from Leo to Virgo 4-0
MC changes signs and Moon trines Part of Fortune, separating from trine with Jupiter 5-0.

If only it was that easy!