Yes, but then I said scrap it :roll: I'll just go and write out 20 times "Do not mix methods!".

John, Burnley are wearing white, so they are the Moon. (Same scenario as Chelsea/Fulham.) I still think Everton should win though. I've decided to stick with my original predictions for the Blackburn and Stoke games, although it will be interesting to see how/if the Mars stuff works.

I have put ?2 on 2-1 in this evenings game between Wolves and ManC.
Odds: 16:1
Asc 19L33 MC 3TA46 Moon 26TA47 POF 9CP07
Day Moon, Hour Saturn - not radical
Mars is on the ascendant, the Moon is VOC.
The Sun, L1, is closest POF. Venus, L10 is in same sign as Sun.
I notice now that Venus applies to square Saturn, but its below the horison. This is just a late evening bet and 16:1 is a good prive for a 2-1 scoreline.
http://www.astronor.com

Newcastle - Derby 0-0 at 4,25:1
Excellent prediction, well done! :'

I did have a look at the Wolves/ManC chart before the game and thought it might be a draw but didn't feel confident enough to put any money on it. Hour-ruler Moon (different again!), making the chart radical by triplicity and Moon VOC - two testimonies for a possible draw. Venus L10 trine MC is an extra testimony for Wolves but I didn't like the look of Mars L4 sitting on the Asc. We shall see...

I did have a look at the Wolves/ManC chart before the game and thought it might be a draw.
Yes, observing that Mars was L4 the thought did pass me. Now City hve won a convincing 0-3 victory, so that leaves me rather confused and deflated - but the golden rule is 'Take a Break While You're Up'. :wink:

City's argument is of course Venus, L10, applying to Saturn, L7. Yes, it is a square but Venus is applying to her dispositor and the two significators are mutual reception by sign. I should have weighed this one up - but the bet was mostly a last minute impulse. Serves me right! :mrgreen: :,

My impulse was based upon the similarities and differences with tomorrows match between Aston Villa and Liverpool - same starting time. Are there similarities and differences that we can use?

Poor old Wolves :(
the golden rule is 'Take a Break While You're Up'.
And another one is "Don't chase your losses" :wink: That's partly why I decided to keep my money in my pocket - this time!

Tuesday 29 Dec - two more games:

Aston Villa - Liverpool, 19.45 GMT
Odds: 2,70 3,25 2,50
Asc 20LE21 MC 4TA47 Moon 11GE02 POF 23CP02
Day Mars, Hour Mars/(Sun) - on the brigde by Regiomontanus
First, either Mars is LHR and on the asc, and the chart is radical, or the Hour is on the bridge to the Sun, who rules the ascendant by sign. There is an interesting mixed reception between Mars/Sun by sign/exaltation. The Moon is making no aspects/applications and is feral - it is going nowhere, yet it is in bicorporal (double) sign so there could still be double something. The most exact aspect in the chart is the sextile between POF and Uranus, which could both be a testimony for the favourite - and Uranus may have co-rulership of the 7th. Saturn, L7, is mr Venus, L10, and Venus is trine the MC - yet this aspect is not as exact as the aspect between POF and Uranus. Uranus is in a bicorporal and split sign - and instead of giving it to the 7th/favourite by odds, it could indicate something exceptional. The Moon is disposed by retrograde Mercury, who is inconjunct the Ascendant.

Villa are in better form than Liverpool. It doesn't make sense - I think my gut is on the draw.
Odds: 9,75:1 for 0-0, 6,50 for 1-1, 14,00:1 for 2-2 and 50:1 for 3-3.
The odds for the scoreline 4-4 is 250:1.

Bolton - Hull, 20.00 GMT
Odds: 1,85 3,35 4,25
Asc 23LE05 MC 8TA18 Moon 11GE11 POF 26CP01
Day Mars, Hour Sun - radical
In my mind I thought Hull had been up against some tough opponents of late and that this game was their chance, yet they are rated as underdogs. LHr is L1 and trine the MC. This is a strong argument for the the home team favourites getting their way.

Collected odds on the double: 6:1

Villa are in better form than Liverpool. It doesn't make sense
I was surprised to see that Liverpool are faves. In fact their odds are shortening (or have been shortening). I'm guessing it must be based on history - Villa haven't managed to beat Liverpool at Villa Park since Feb '98!

From my point of view, this chart is pretty nothingy. Both the BBC pundit and Sporting Life tipster predict 1-1 and although I generally like to try and prove them wrong, I agree a draw is probably the way to go. Venus trine MC is so close that the match only has to start about 20 seconds late for the aspect to be separating. In fact this turned out to be the case yesterday with the Wolves game which started over a minute late, so I should have disregarded that aspect as a positive for Wolves. Wishful thinking on my part I suppose :)

Villa - Liverpool 0-1 :(
I wonder whether playing in a snowstorm restricted the game. Torres scored in extra time, 92min and 54 sec. POF sextile Uranus. Extra time has bothered me before. I wonder whether the outer planets deal with time extension.

Bolton - Hull 2-2
Bolton were 2 up until the 71nd minute.

This is no good. My suggestions didn't work out. I had the family come back from Xmas vacations yesterday, so I'm taking a few days off soccer prediction and will be having some fun with the kids.

Villa - Liverpool 0-1
Although we got the result wrong, I think a couple of our observations were descriptive of the game. I said it was a "nothingy chart" and (up until the 93rd minute!) it was a nothingy game with a nothingy scoreline. You mentioned an indication of "something exceptional" which certainly describes Fernando Torres' last-minute goal, winning the game for his team and setting a personal record for reaching 50 goals for Liverpool in the fewest appearances. That's definitely "something exceptional" :D

Perhaps it was Jupiter crossing the Desc that brought good fortune to the two away sides, Liverpool and Hull, although from a timing point of view it was useless since it crossed during the 1st half.

I want to do a belated post-mortem on Monday's 3pm games.

Blackburn/Sunderland 2-2
Stoke/Birmingham 0-1

These two games had the same significators, Jupiter/Mars and Mars/Jupiter respectively. This rather defeats the object of my alternative method which was to avoid having the same sigs in games starting at the same time. So it's perhaps not surprising that the results were different.

With Jupiter above horizon and Mars below, I went for the two Jupiter teams - Blackburn to win since they were home faves and Birmingham to draw since they were away underdogs. I got both wrong! John went for two draws because of the mutual reception so at least he got one right - well done! :'

Beforehand I suggested that the red teams (Sunderland and Stoke) would score first because Mars crossed an angle before Jupiter. Sunderland, the least likely, did so (just!), but Stoke, the more likely, didn't. They didn't score at all! :-?

Chelsea/Fulham 2-1
Everton/Burnley 2-0

Again, the same significators, Jupiter/Moon but this time the same result. Perhaps easier to understand with the home teams being such strong, odds-on faves, but I still think it might be better to avoid games with the same sigs or at least be extra cautious.

It's interesting that the blue (Jupiter) teams won three out of the four games. Jupiter was above the horizon in 10th. 75% is not bad, especially as one of the teams was an away underdog.

I've been trying to ponder on the Monday games, with out a great deal of success.

I'm quite happy to consider games with the same significators. I would expect different scores, that much seems to be of interest.

What do we have so far.

It was Jupiters day. 4 Jupiter teams and 3 wins and a draw. Why?

All Jupiter goals came from the 50th minute onwards, with a winner in extra time!

Interesting points about colours.

Should white be Moon or Venus. Does this influence the thinking on Fulham and Burnley.

There seems to be an uneven spread of colour symbolism for teams. Is it colour for the game , or season. I'd have thought game, but I just raise it as a thought. There aren't many sun teams-do Blackpool, Hull and Wolves have similar results when they play at home?? ( assuming they all play a team in blue, etc) I'd say no. This is why I'm interested in the games with the same significators having different results, because there are still patterns.