Scientists

During the so-called Age of Enlightenment astrology went out of style for a while as science as a tool for measuring came into the ascendent.The view of the universe also changed.
In the 20thC and now some scientists now believe that they can replace religion with a new creed of "Scientism". They think that technical progress can lead to human progress, a laughable conceit given the state of the world during this time. Futhermore they believe that man can attain knowledge of everything. This is blasphemy. Only God is all-knowing

Matthew

The last sentence was from an astrology book by Abu Ali al Khayyat. He lived in a Muslim country and felt obliged to profess his faith. Although Britain is nominally a Christian country most people consider religion and belief to be a matter of conscience. This is my own opinion. You will not find a general consensus from astrologers.

Matt

Are you interested in scientific research into the effects of planets on natural phenomena? If so the work of Michel Gauquelin may be of interest.When I get home I will look at the contents of "Written in the Stars" by that author.
I have heard of experiments that show planetary movements changing the way that chemical processes happen and that Saturn does indeed rule lead!

Matthew

Michel Gauquelin? Do you have any link about this book sale on the web. I think I would have difficulties finding it to libraries and bookstore since it's more likely to be rare. I'm quite interested so can you?

raphnix wrote:Michel Gauquelin? Do you have any link about this book sale on the web. I think I would have difficulties finding it to libraries and bookstore since it's more likely to be rare. I'm quite interested so can you?

I need to make space on my bookshelves so you can have my old copies if you like.

Regards Matt

I find it interesting that scientists [ Astronomers/Astro Physicists] have recently discovered a "Gravity Well' some 61+ degrees in Jupiters wake. This is nearly a perfect sextile.
This "Well" is a zone of receptiveness to the orbit of Jupiter. Meaning that an object placed there in stasis will be towed behind Jupiter at the same constant distance.
It's almost as if the effect of the sextile is picked up and carried by Jupiter 'forward' with the planet. There are also theories on applying the musical scale and the spectrum of light to the Zodiac. Newton had some interesting theories that he published on the spectrum application.
My cousin and fellow Astrologer, Dave Mastry, has a theory on the application of the musical notes to the Zodiac that he elaborated on over at the Astrodienst forum under a thread titled 'Birth Chart of the Universe".
This theory of His involves the "Kabbalistic Astrology" book of Rabbi Dobin and how it corresponds with the Sabian Symbols to determine where the OM of creation originated from [The 'Word in the Beginning']. The Rabbi re-translated Habukuk to read that the force of God comes from between Capricorn and Aquarius. Om by Vedic science is in the Key of 'B'. Thus by applying a 14 point grid on the Zodiac begininng with the point 00* 00' 00" Aquarius and proceding toward Pisces there is to be a point every 25.714285 degrees [Half the slope of the 'Great Pyramid']. The hypothetical but non-existant 'B#' and 'E#' must be accounted for by Daves theory.
When the points are connected by 7ths or 5ths [as is the law of musical scale harmonics] you end up with a 12 pointed 'Star Matrix' consisting of two groups of 7 points & 5. Note that the signs come out grouped as they are presently arranged above and below the equator. Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scopio, Sagittarius, Capricon and Aquarius are the '7', and the remainder the '5'
This also correponds to some ancient Mesopotamian or Babylonian bas-reliefs we have seen with a man beneath an arragement of Stars above him in this configuration.
The 12 point Matrix is supposed to represent the "True Path of Discpleship' by some sources [The writings of Dorthy Leon is one]
And if it's as Rudhyar stated that all paths of discipleship begin in Virgo. This is highly illuminating as the first point that one connects to from 00* 00' 00" Aquar. is the point in Virgo in the 22nd degree [I don't have the exact co-ordinate handy] when one connects these 'Dots' in cycles of 5ths or 7ths.
Also the Sabians that are at these points are most interesting if viewed with the hypothesis they represent the "True Path of Discipleship"...all in all, pretty far outstuff, I'll admit...but this theory has got a lot going for it.
It can also be possibly viewed as another picece of the puzzle in the "As Above, So Below" school of thought.
Keep a smile on your face and a song in your heart.

Martin. I don't know that these are the same two things. i.e. Lagrangian points and Jupiters gravity well.
The points you mention are in regards to 3 bodies and the interactions of their respectve gravitational fields.
I understand this 'Well' of Jupiters' to be of a singular effect attributable to Jupiter alone.
I admit I am not an Astro-physicist by any stretch of the imagination. I only took a Freshman course in Astronomy in College.

Like I said, I'm way out of my league here.
My source is a friend in the San Francisco area whom has a degree in Physics. Unfortunately he suffered a severe stroke this past spring and is still very much incapacitated.
What I found on the internet regarding "Jupiters Gravity Well" seems to indicate it is singular in that it doesn't need to account for the influence of any other Orbs.
I believe I will humbly back off from this thread. Like I said, "I'm way out of my League here."