Hell is a small place in Norway 63N26, 10E54.

I don't see why the church has made such a big deal about it - it sounds pleasant enough. Maybe the climate isn't what some would choose, but that's the price you pay for being bad.

Edited to add the neglected astrology:
Detrimented Mercury was culminating at 19SG12
That could be interesting, but hardly significant on its own. The current Mercury in detriment is continually rising, culminating, etc. somewhere. We need to know why Mercury was important for Hell, Norway at that time. An ingress or lunation chart perhaps? Something before the accident date needs to involve Mercury.
Last edited by ### on Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The train hit a stone that was lay on the left hand side of the track. The stone was divided into two by the impact. The train derailed just by a cliff 20-30 metres straight down into the sea. "The tunnel saved us. If there hadn't been a tunnel there, we would have toppled over the slope," the conductor said.
Photo: Erling Skjervold.

The back wheels of the train remained on the track after the accident, while the rest of the train had come off.

Source: Aftenposten
http://www.astronor.com

The Newspaper VG has a super picture of the area where the train detrailed as it entered the tunnel. This picture can be viewed by clicking the link provided below. Here is another good shot of the bolder.
It is quite obvious that the train had ended up in the sea if it hadn't been for the tunnel.

Source: VG

I always figured Norway was a nice place to live. My father-in-law was born there. He was good guy. I had no idea Hell was in Norway.

The Mercury connection is important because, as John Frawley pointed out years ago, Mercury is the true significator for the Devil. And the Devil lives in Hell. Very simple.

Tom

You should come visit some time, Tom. 'Hell' in Norwegian generally means 'Luck'.
We have another place called "The End of the World".

Several interesting elements present during this derailment.
Saturn - the bolder, Pluto - the tunnel, Neptune - the sea.

Mercury - the Devil. Interesting, yes, but Mercury is generally neutral.
Is there something that leads him into darkness?

Mercury - the Devil. Interesting, yes, but Mercury is generally neutral.
Is there something that leads him into darkness?
Is Mercury neutral, or does he take one side or the other? A neutral does not take sides: Mercury does. He become Saturn-like with Saturn and Venus-like with Venus. This is not neutral but rather deceptive.

For example we are familiar with all these stories of people making deals with the devil. Often they turn out to backfire on the unsuspecting dupe and the devil ends up laughing. He is two faced. Al Pacino in a role as the Devil in a motion picture whose name I've forgotten gleefully explains he has a bad reputation for no good reason. "I am the consumer's man!" he roars, all the while plotting to take someone's soul.

In Genesis, Eve is tempted with flattery, or appeals to her Venus nature ("Ye shall be as gods"). In one sense the devil was right. Upon biting the apple Adam and Eve knew sin. Prior to that they only knew good. God knew good and evil. They became "as gods." Only Mercury could pull off a stunt like that.

Milton tells us that the Devil came to Eden to tempt Adam and Eve through Libra,. Mercury is a triplicity ruler of Libra. The Devil has a long association with Mercury.

Tom

The Devil's Advocate? I will have to see that film again! Great movie!

But for the price of an eye, Odin gets to drink from the fountain of Mimir and becomes the All-knowing chief and receives his Day in Middleweek and to hold order over the rest.
Hmm.. :???:

OK - Mercury is the Wheeler-Dealer. Mercury + Mars = Pusher?
Is there a particular qualitative difference here between being Two-faced (Gemini) and One-eyed (Virgo?)

One thing I learned in astrology today: I can now find the geographical coordinates of Hell.
Yes, now we have coordinates for the next time we want to cast a chart for the devil's spawn.