How does classical astrology fit in with the Secret?

About 3 years ago, like many people I studied the Movie the secret.

At that time I was heavily involved in my studies of Horary. And I was realizing how accurate Astrology could be when one delved into the traditional techniques.

The traditional techniques had less of an escape clause like the Modern psychological movement. Which seemed to refrain from making exacting predictions. Whereas traditional astrology had more of a fatalistic flavour.

So with that, my beliefs of destiny started to become more fatalistic. And we're confirmed with the constant accuracy of horary.

However, watching the Secret and its ideas of the law of attraction put some good questions in my head. For one I questioned what was the real value of knowing events occuring before hand. I evaluated they do more harm then good for myself on average. As undeniably there has to be some placebo effect in which one is reluctant to try when the outcome does not look favourable in the chart.

The Secret states that all that happens to us is based on the Law of attraction and the thoughts we hold. So I decided to put down astrology for awhile and try this.

Years later I do believe that thoughts do determine the outcome of events and attract circumstances to a certain degree. I don't agree its 100% as the film would state. Perhaps 40-50% which is still significant.

Yet at the same time, working with Horary I do see that their is some level of pre-deterimination.

I accept both these idealogies, however they are in opposition to each other. If some of you have seen the movie the Secret, how have you absorb this differing philosophy.