Possibly slightly OT, but owing to The Eye Infection That Won't Stop, I'm pretty much confined to reading things I can crank up the font on - I can't use my books right now.

Isn't global warming, or at least hotter temperatures (without the ring of 'global warming') something that happens during the Great Conjunction cycles that take place in air? I may be imagining it, but I could've sworn I've read that in more than one place.

Isn't global warming, or at least hotter temperatures (without the ring of 'global warming') something that happens during the Great Conjunction cycles that take place in air?
I've never read that, but I like it. FYI when I refer to the global warming hoax, I'm referring to the idea man made global warming. The earth may well be warming, but that's what happens during cycles, it gets warmer then colder then warmer then colder and so on. It's natural.

I agree with Martin Lewicki and I think that scientists are more tolerant when there is proof for a new theory. Most scientists will accept it if the predecessors' ideas are proven wrong. It took about two centuries for the heliocentric worldview to be accepted by almost all scientists. The restraining influence against heliocentrism were mainly religious so I find it a bit unfortunate to compare science with the medieval church. However I agree with Tom to a certain extent about the global warming being also a natural cycle matter, but rather than science this is rather politics. While there is a human factor in pollution etc, I'm also afraid that 'green politics' may be used as an excuse to raise higher taxes. Most science is still independant and I hope that in the democratic world enough money will be invested in the sciences. Scientists/universities that need money from companies might be less independent.

Astrology appears independent because it is now in the margin of society. But imagine that till some four centuries ago horary was used to find a thief and that major political decisions were made with the help of astrology. Whether the astrologers were right or wrong in these cases is less important than the impact their statements could have on society.

Why not fold the works of Tesla and Reich into the mix, along with the purported capabilities of HAARP?

It's sure to get a lot stickier and harder to stir.

To many pinches of Pluto?