The Sixth House

I'm having a struggle with the 6th house in relation to Horary.It being the house of tenants in the past as some say and others say differently.I've read Lilly and really that didn't help.So I thought I would look up the 16th century and what tenants exactly were.People do say the 7th rule contracts and now that is what we follow if a question is asked of a tenant.I've come across a site from the University of Lancaster it tells exactly what a manor was ,the Lord of the manor and describes what a tenant was.There were definitely contracts involved as well as rent and fees due.I want to post a link to the site.It is historical.And I would love any feedback on what others gather from it if ur intrested.

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/projects/ma ... whatis.htm

I know Chris Warnock (after John Frawley I believe) mentioned that the role of tenants are different today than the 17th century. Way back when, a landowner had a much more owner/servant relationship with a tenant. The 6th also rules slaves. Today it's more contractual, so the 7th applies in most cases.

That's the reason I posted that link,it takes a bit to read it,but it's a very intresting read.These people weren't slaves at all.They had rights.and it wasn't about them serving the Lord of the manor.They rented out parcels of cottages with land,That they worked for thier own benefit.The other reason I posted the link is so we could see why Lilly used this house for tenants and what it was like when he lived because it is based on 16th century England and then to compare to us today.Also as I said above they had contracts and paid rent.so I thought that intresting too.

The 6th, I believe would refer to the tenant as a person and the 7th to the contract or lease. If the question is, "Will this lazy tenant ever get a job so he can pay his overdue rent," we would look to the 6th. If as a result of a potential or existing lawsuit, the question is, will the debated clause hold up so I can throw this bum out? I think we would use the 7th, as the question is less about the bum than it is about the contract.

As a note, since this question refers to horary, it might be better to post it in the horary forum as there may be more responses.

Tom