Timing data for every game (MLB)

Hello,

I have something I have been considering making public and would like to know if anyone is interested.

I have been collecting event times for every event in major league baseball for five years (its a lot of data!). That means I have the time of every pitch of (almost) every game for the past five years. And the play by play of each pitch. And the running score. Includes the game venue with longitude and latitude. Even the weather conditions. And because the influence of umpires can change the outcome of a game, the names of umpires for each game is also recorded.

The main use of this data is to research the astrological influences of each players performance over time so that you can develop better insights into their future performance. With exact timing you can more see their cycles of low and peak performance during a game and find what astrological conditions each player is most influenced by. This is especially true for watching the transiting angles during a game - you can see exactly what degree (or planet) is rising or culminating at the moment of a home run, or a strike out, etc. You can see when a players most supportive (or difficult) natal planet is on the transiting angles at the moment of any event during the game. It also allows accurate timings for the transiting moon to a players birth chart (or to an event chart for the start or end of the game). It is pretty cool stuff.

I just wonder if anyone is interested because it is raw data in xml or csv format - to see the data visually you would need to load the data into a spreadsheet (or other data analysis program) and draw some graphs.

Just reply to the is post if this kind of data is interesting to you.
Have a great day!

Hi, ubiquity.
It is a very generous offer, but as the forum is a living thing, this message can be seen by someone many years from now, and maybe you will not be available.

So, why don?t you put your tables on google doc?s? They have an excel table and then you could place the link here, so it would be available for anyone at a fraction of the effort for you.
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

Just looking to talk with people interested...

Yes, google docs may be an option - but I want to know if anyone is interested. I could also put it on my own website.

Threads live and die on forums all the time - but if there is enough interest to warrant the effort I can put it somewhere and post a link to it here.

Who cares about years from now? I just want to know if people are interested now. If people are interested I can figure out a way to deal with the data. But if people are not interested then there is no point in spending the effort to do so.

I posted the same query on another forum and we got going on some really interesting discussions - about how to use large data sets, what are different approaches to using historical data to determine game winners and player performance, etc.

Ubiquity
Have a great day!

We were exchanging comments on the other board but you seem to have dropped out.

I'm wondering if you have the exact time for the first game for the various seasons? I use these as charts for the teams for each season.

Bob