Pars Opum ?

Hi All,

Reading a German translation of the Picatrix, I came across the 'pars opum',
, which is probably a part of wealth or substance or goods, as the paragraph is about a sigill for wealth...

Which arabic part is it and what is its calculation ?

thanks

socrates

Re: Pars Opum ?

socrates wrote:Hi All,

Reading a German translation of the Picatrix, I came across the 'pars opum',
, which is probably a part of wealth or substance or goods, as the paragraph is about a sigill for wealth...

Which arabic part is it and what is its calculation ?

thanks

socrates
opum means "of riches" in my poor Latin..

Can you give the exact reference, chapter, paragraph. Just curious to give a look.

margherita
Traditional astrology at
http://heavenastrolabe.wordpress.com

Hi Gijada,

It is Picatrix translated into German by Hellmut Ritter und Martin Plessner,
Studies of the Warburg Institute, vol.27, 1962.
p.26, I.5.,

Talisman, nr. 6. .

I never had a look into any other latin text on the lots, so I don't know how the pars opum is usually translated...

soc.

socrates wrote:Hi Gijada,

It is Picatrix translated into German by Hellmut Ritter und Martin Plessner,
Studies of the Warburg Institute, vol.27, 1962.
p.26, I.5.,
Talisman, nr. 6. .
I have the Italian version :(

This should be Pingree edition:

Is it the right talisman?
Ymago ad augmentandum divicias et mercancias. Facias ymaginem, et fortunabis ascendens et 10 et eorum dominos dominumque domus domini ascendentis et dominum domus domini 10, Lunam et dominum domus eius, secundam quoque domum et eius dominum; et dominus 2 domus sit receptus a domino ascendentis trino vel sextili aspectu, et fortuna sit in 2 domo; et ponas partem fortune in ascendente vel 10, et dominus partis ipsius fortune ipsam aspiciat bono aspectu.

In the whole text there is no "pars opum", I tried even with the SEARCH button; here is the Part of Fortune which should be put at the Ascendant or tenth house and its lord should behold with a favourable aspect.

Moreover Part of Fortune is traditionally linked with riches, I believe, so it fits.

If this is the wrong talisman let know,

margherita
Traditional astrology at

Hi Gijada,

thanks for checking.

It is the same talisman indeed,and most of the text agrees with the german translation until the end of your quote, but it goes on:

"... und den herrn der pars opum die pars opum aspizieren und macht das 11 und seinen herrn gl?ckbringend" (let the pord of pars opum aspect pars opum and make house 11 and its lord auspicious...)

It seems as this passage is not in your pingree edition. The German translation seems to be from the arabic text, published in 1933, Studien der Bibliothek Warburg, vol. XII.

socrates

socrates wrote:Hi Gijada,

It seems as this passage is not in your pingree edition. The German translation seems to be from the arabic text, published in 1933, Studien der Bibliothek Warburg, vol. XII.
It seems it's a different text, in fact. Pingree edition is the Latin one.

The next line of Latin text, where yours have pars opum states:

Fortunabis quoque 11 et eius dominum.

It should be (my Latin is not shining) "make favourable 11th and its ruler."

My Italian version is from Latin too, so at this point I have no idea if the Arab author is mentioning something else.

Albiruni should mention this, something like part of possessions, Asc+cusp 2nd - ruler 2nd, the opposite in the night, if it is of some help,

margherita
Traditional astrology at