Football Predictions November 2009

Cardiff v Notts Forest, 5pm GMT, Asc 18?24 Taurus

Cardiff are odds-on faves and are currently sitting 4th in the Championship table. If they win this game, they will go straight to the top, so it's interesting to see Venus (L1) partile trine the Part of Sudden Advancement!

Chart is radical, favouring Cardiff, although radicality by triplicity often indicates the possibility of a draw and VOC Moon (intercepted in 12th) would support this. However, I can see nothing positive for Forest in this chart.

Anyone else have any views?

Venus is also trine the Part of Conquest, wider than the one with the Part of Sudden advancement, but still below 1 degree.

Pluto is trine the Part of Triumph, partile, but I do believe one should use Mars as the ruler of Scorpio (here). Nevertheless, these situations always make me a bit doubtful.

It's interesting that Mars and Venus respectively has a quincunx with the other's antiscion. Probably it's not relevant.

Well, it looked like Cardiff were going to take all the points, but then Forest scored a last-minute equaliser, result 1-1. Interesting that this afternoon's Prem game between B'ham and ManC also ended in a draw.

Very well done indeed, Ficina! :'
That 'radical by triplicity' was quite a find! I am full of pride.
Maybe these draws eventually could be useful in statistical work?
I am still working on the idea that other types of radicality promote different types of contracts. I think they do. Football predictions are full of hazard but here does also lie the potential for reward.

Ficina, you are running the toughest shop at Skyscript. There is no other department that forwards so many predictions for exploration as 'Sports and Speculation'. 8)
http://www.astronor.com

Arsenal beat Tottenham 3-0 on Saturday on the Day and Hour of Saturn, with Capricorn on the ascendant and Saturn exalted.

Today Sheffield U meet Newcastle. In comparison, the game is played on the Day and in the Hour of the Moon, with Cancer on the ascendant and the Moon exalted in Taurus! What to make out of that??

Sheffield U are not favourites by odds (2,70 3,20 2,50) as in the game between Arsenal and Tottenham, but can the home team be overcome? It is a fun comparison.

Maybe these draws eventually could be useful in statistical work?
Possibly, but I think there are too many variables. I mean was Cardiff's draw indicated by radicality by triplicity or VOC Moon or both? The common factor with the B'ham draw was VOC Moon but we still can't say that a VOC Moon will always produce a draw because other testimonies have to be taken into consideration. We can say it's more likely, but how much more likely?

I have 75 VOC Moon charts in my collection and if I have the time (or the inclination!) to count how many were draws, I shall do so but I'm still not sure how helpful that would be.

Searching for charts with radicality by triplicity would be more difficult I think, although I haven't actually tried it. Have you tried doing this yourself? Again, I'm not sure how helpful it would be anyway, given the number of variables.

Unfortunately I think it will always come down to weighing up testimonies for each individual chart and we all know how tough that is. It's what makes prediction such a hit and miss affair.

As for the SheffU/Newcastle game, I'm leaving it well alone. When the Moon signifies the underdogs it's just too confusing.

As for the SheffU/Newcastle game, I'm leaving it well alone. When the Moon signifies the underdogs it's just too confusing.
Yes, but if we don't discuss it then I can't learn from it.

SheffieldU - Newcastle, 19.45 GMT
Odds: 2,70 3,20 2,50
Asc 10CN51 MC 5PI09 Sun 10SC32 Moon 10TA48 POF 11CP07
Day Moon, hour Moon - radical by sign (might save either team)

The twist in the chart is that the Moon is within 2 degrees of the opposition of the Sun and thus destroyed, but this could be the token of the underdog. Both luninaries aspect the ascendant - in favour of the favourite. Between Arsenal and Spurs I thought a draw would be satisfactory, but Arsenal got the upper hand.

The 1-1 score-draw might be an option this evening at the odds of 6,5:1.
SheffieldU leading 1-0 after the first 45 min. Newcastle equalizing in the 2nd half, may collect an odds of 15:1.

Newcastle win 0-1 with SheffieldU scoring an own goal in the second half. That just about crazy enough.
Ironic really. Given the ambivalence of the Moon, it might just as easily have been the other way round, i.e. Newcastle scoring the own goal :?

Norwegian Cup finals this weekend. Ladies first - Oslo.

Saturday - Women:
R?a - Str?mmen,
16.00 CST
Odds: 1,60 4,50 4,40
Asc 16TA30 MC 11CP40 Moon 18CN32 POF 19CP42
Day Saturn, Hour Mercury - Radical, Earth is cold and dry
The Hour could be on the cusp Venus/Mercury - the Sun in the horizon
The lord of the Hour is on the 7th conj the Sun
Notice Moon's opposition to POF!! What'ya make out of that??

Sunday - Men:
Molde - Aalesund,
13.15 CST
Odds: 1,67 3,60 5,15
Asc 15CP09 MC 4SG18 Moon 1LE06 POF 0LI02
Say Sun, Hour Saturn - radical
Saturn is exalted and conj POF - the favourites Molde should win

Andrew Bevan wrote:Notice Moon's opposition to POF!! What'ya make out of that??
Generally, this aspect helps the away or underdog team. Relatively reliable. But! This opposition is not partile, and separating. I know that it's not too wide either, but still, my experience with this says it's a bit wide. If it were closer (or even 2 degrees wide but applying!), I would suggest a modest draw-no-bet away-victory.

In the Danish SAS league:
Silkeborg - Odense, 17.00 CST
Odds: 3,80 3,35 1,95
Day Saturn, Hour Mercury - rules Asc
Asc 3GE02 MC 24CP38 Moon 19CN08 POF 6AQ47
The chart is radical and the Moon's North node is conj the MC.
Nothing else to be seen. It's a case study - does the home team or the favourites get it?