Olympics?

Andrew's thread on the Saturn ingress put me in mind of this, possibly because my city has cardinal signs on all the regular ingress charts, so they need to be looked at quarterly.

Plus Saturn in its ingress chart is ruling H2 and H3, which doesn't strike me as a good omen, given the givens. Scorpio rises in the Saturn ingress, but at 29+ degrees.

Somehow it all looks connected.

The Olympics will be here in February, and already hundreds of lives have been lost and thousands of people made homeless, minimum wage was cut in half some eight years ago to begin preparing for this (ugh!) and the premier has promised never to raise it, and we're having a 7% sales and services tax increase to bail out bankrupt and overbudget Olympics contractors. As well as cuts to health care, education, and social services.

How would the Olympics be represented in a chart? Would you do one separately for the day it started, or would you look at, say, the Capricorn ingress instead? Or something else?

from Wiki
Baron Peirre de Coubertin founded the international Olympic Committee in 23 June 1894. I would think you'd want to compare the opening games to the original chart? The first set of Games from this committee were in 1896 in Athens. I dont knwo the date, but suspect you could find it. The first Winter Olympics were held in 1924 in Chamonix, France from 25 January to 5 February. At the time they were held the same year as the Summer Olympics, I believe that changed in 1992?

If memmory serves, the games are supposed to start at Noon the first day? but that is just my foggy memmory, I didn't see a reference.

G.

As close as I can find, Andrew, it was around 11 am in Prague on 2 July 2003.

I'm sure that's not a perfect time, but I believe it's accurate to within 30 minutes or so.

I may have to ring the reference librarian and see if they can ferret out any more exact information.