Where is my library book?

Hi,
I wonder if someone would like to look at this chart and help me with it?

June 24, 2004, 4:54 pm CDT
Harker Heights, Tx
31N05 97W39

I just asked this question and drew up the above chart which has an ascendant of 16 Scorpio.

I thought I returned this book but the Library told me today it is still checked out.

The ruler of the Asecendant is Mars, representing me, the Querent, and which is in the 9th house. The 9th is the house of books, right? The 9th is ruled by the Moon, which is also MY significator, and which is in the 10th.

I'm lost. The book could be at the Library as I thought, at work (10th), at home, or possibly in a motel 3 hrs drive from here where I spent a weekend while reading the book.

What do you think? Anyone care to have a go at it? I've looked everywhere I could, car, work, and home, but can't find it and will have to pay for it soon. (I'm also interested in how you go about finding it via horary.)

Thanks,
Kren

Hi,

Lost objects are always the most difficult of horaries; at least I think that's true. In a case like this I like to start with the second house of possessions. Yes, it is true the book doesn't belong to you, but it was in your posession and a book is a movable possession so that it is a good thread to follow.

We try to find the significator by finding the one that best describes the object. Jupiter rules books according to Al Biruni. Jupiter rules the second house so this is a strong possibility. Jupiter is in Virgo, a Mercury sign, also good, but in detriment indicating the book is not in good condition. Perhaps this was the case to begin with. Jupiter is in mutual reception by exaltation with Mercury, ruler of libraries. I think this is indiciative of the ownership of the book. But keep it in mind.

Jupiter is in the 10th house. Jupiter's last aspect was a conjunction with the Moon. That's you, and the Moon is also the ruler of the 9th house of travels. So the motel is a possibility. The fact that Jupiter is in the 10th could mean it is in a high place (shelf in the motel room), or work area (motel manager's office). Since Jupiter is in an earth sign it is likely underneath something else. Other possibilites you mentioned, like your office at work or even your mother's, if that is a possibility, should be checked. The fact that Jupiter is in mutual reception with Mercury and that Mercury's next aspect is to Jupiter indicates it is coming back home to the library, but isn't there yet, or, since Mercury is in the 8th, a "hidden" house, it may well be in the library like you think.

Notice the Moon is also in mutual reception with Mercury, another indication the book will be returned.

You see the diffculties by now, I'm sure. There are many possibilities
That's my two cents anyway. Let us know how you make out.

Tom

Whoops

I didn't notice earlier that the Moon, in this chart is void of course. Lilly says on page 112 of Christian Astrology: "You will seldom see a business go handsomely forward when she is so."

Tom

Personally, I'd go with Tom ... he's been around awhile and much more practiced ... but should you still not attain any results ...

Recently reading the master Frawley ... try looking at the 4th house ... lost and hidden treasures ...

Awhile ago I did a chart for some lost pearls ... taking the pearls as the 2nd (personal property), the chart suggested they should have been in the study or near the door of the study ... WRONG ... in the bedroom actually ... my point ... maybe if we (my study partner and querant) had read the chart in relation to lost/hidden we may have read the location correctly ... naturally, being methodical and through, she found the pearls anyway ... but I still indend to go back to the chart and read it in relation to the 4th and see if it gives the clue we misssed in the first place.

Point being ... if Tom's suggestion gives no results, read the chart in relation to the 4th house of lost and burried treasure ... and don't forget to tell us how it turns out.

Ann
Ann

The Solution and My Thanks!

Thank you, Tom and Annie, for offering me your help. Tom, I learned so much from following your train of thought and will learn more once I get home and have the chart in front of me to follow along.

I found the book! Here's how: I always thought I'd returned the book to the library, so Tom's referral to the 8th as "hidden" and the book as being up high, I went back to the library. According to their computerized card file, the book was checked out. They only have one copy. I went to the shelf where other books by that author were, and sure enough - it was there! I took it to the clerk, who said the computer probably didn't scan it properly when they were checking it in. She scanned it in for me, and that was all. By the way, half of the books of that author were on the bottom shelf and half on the top. My book was on the top shelf, hidden in plain site in its own house, the library.

Fascinating.

Thank you so much.

P. S. Interesting about the VOC moon. Of course, nothing really had to "happen" to get the book back. It was there all the time, lol. Does that make sense?

Thanks again,
Kren
Last edited by Kren on Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VOC MOON

Hi Tom,

So the moon is VOC. But things worked out speedily and successfully. What do you think about that? :???:

Anyway, thanks again, especially for being patient with all the questions we newbies ask!
Kren

P. S. Interesting about the VOC moon. Of course, nothing really had to "happen" to get the book back. It was there all the time, lol. Does that make sense?
It makes perfect sense. Lilly doesn't say that nothing will happen ever at any time. In fact, he uses the word "seldom." So maybe this is one of the few times it does work. That being said, on another list, someone asked a question that also had the Moon VOC. However the chart is as clear as it can be, I'm curious as to how this will turn out.

In this case, I think the mutual reception between the book (Jupiter) and the library (Mercury) clinched it, but lost articles are always tough for the simple reason that the querent cannot give you all the information. If he could, then he would know where the object is. Look at the possibilities here, library (9th house), motel (9th house), work office or motel office (10th house), but at least the search is narrowed down.

Glad you found it.
I'd go with Tom ... he's been around awhile
Hmmmmmm How do I take that? :wink:

Tom

Tom ... take it as a compliment ...
I did take it as a compliment. Leo rising loves compliments. Next time phrase it like this: " Tom's been around for a while, and he doesn't look it at all. He's soooo ....." Fill in the blank with one or more of the following: sexy, handsome, cute, wonderful etc You get the idea. :wink:

Tom