Since we are going about strong malefics, I suggest to take a look again at one of the most intriguing charts ever posted here:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2647 and http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... 65&start=0

This is mystery chart 14, of Sam Sheppard, and I think that his Mars is a very good example of how mundane placement can make all hell break loose into someone's life (yes, I blame Mars on the 12th for what happened to him).

I could be wrong though, and the original discussion dragged a lot, but neverthless, I did not feel it ever came to a closure like in other mystery charts...

In his case, I don't know if all heck broke loose so much as he was able to do and get away with things
I'll have to re-read the Sam Shepard thread, but I'm not sure he "got away" with anything. Although his story of his wife's murder borders on fantastic, it explained the evidence better than his conviction ever did. Most fantastic stories aren't that well thought out. He had a girlfriend outside of his marriage. and that seems like a Mars in the 12th activity (not that all Mars in the 12th folks do that), and the way a Mars in the 12th might try to deal with unhappiness in the marriage as opposed to finding a healthier way to do that.

Secondly his life was miserable. The public saw a man who "had it all;" Dr. Shepard didn't see things this way. There are those who think he was convicted as much for his adultery as for the murder of his wife. His time in prison ruined him and he died an alcoholic, and a caricature of a well adjusted adult male. The 12th is the house of sorrows, and his was a sorrowful life.

Tom

I'm in shock. That chart was first discussed 2 1/2 years ago.

In order for murder to be proven in the US, the prosecutor has to prove opportunity and means. Demonstrating motive is permissible, but not required. Who cares why A killed B? The justice system only requires that it be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that A did it. Motive may be used by the defense, e.g. A killed B because A was in reasonable fear of his life at B's hands, i.e. self defense, but it is not necessary for the prosecution.

Shepard had the opportunity. He admitted it. Did he have the means? This was never proven. His wife died of blunt force trauma, but the murder weapon wasn't found. Shepard had none of his wife's blood on his clothes or on his body, but there was blood everywhere else. Witnesses said he was wearing the same clothes at the time the police were called that he wore the night before. In short there was nothing to connect him to the physical act of killing (means). Doing ten years and losing your mind as a result of that kind of evidence, in a trial described by the US Supreme Court as a "Roman Holiday," if one is innocent does not rise to the level of getting away with anything in my opinion. I don't doubt that he may have done it, but the evidence required by law is lacking and our system of justice requires a verdict of "not guilty" in that case.

I saw comparison's to the OJ trial were mentioned. It is true that the murder weapon was never found in the OJ trial. But blood was found on his clothes and in his vehicle. This goes to means. There may be perfectly valid reasons why his ex-wife's blood was on his person and in his auto. This is why we have trials. OJ's lawyers suggested, never claimed, it was all planted. The jury believed them.

Mars has no affinity or analogy with the 12th house. Although he is in sect in Sheppard's chart, he is not in a comfortable situation. Also Mars has no connection to the ASC or its ruler in this chart. He rules the 5th and 12th by domicile and the 2nd and by exaltation. I'm more inclined to see Mars as representing his long term (Scorpio is a secretive fixed sign) affair (Mars rules the 5th) with a nurse that contributed to his demise than violent action against his wife. The fact of her death (2nd is turned 8th of the 7th) exalted or wildly publicized the illicit affair. Any planet in the 12th is an accidental malefic. Mars is too despite his essential dignity in this case.

Tom