Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Al H. Morrison on Planetary Rulerships of Houses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is history a science?
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johannes susato wrote:
Your avenue is very interesting indeed, Andrew, but (a little) highly speculative without the least foundation in classical literature, isn't it? Or do you know any source? This would be more than fascinating.

There are poeple at this forum that have access to more classical litterature than is available in my bookshelve. I was hoping someone might recognize it. That is the value of a community like this, that we can do some detective work together.

This 'Ladder of Planets' looks very much like the original understanding of the power of the planets with the Sun and Saturn being opposites in powers. It appears to portray a system of Solar 'spheres' with the Sun being in the primal point.

I found myself wondering last night whether Morrison was suggesting that the planets took any accidental rulership, in the same manner as a dispositor, over the houses - according to this system. I haven't got the answer and do not know the origin of this system. I do have a wad of old CAO TIMES - but this is something that Morrison found of such interest that he chose to circulate it separately. If would be great if some people in posession of old books looked it up. This seemed like the right place to ask a question regarding our roots.
Tom

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been away and only returned to Skyscript last night, and I have to agree with Yuzuru, this topic has wandered way off the plantation. We've gone from "Does Al Morrison have a point about traditional beliefs?" which is borderline, but probably OK, to quindeciles, which is not.

I'll leave the thread open but if it continues along the Noel Tyl lines it will have to be locked. The discussion belongs elsewhere and I don't know how to move an entire thread like Deb does from time to time.

FYI Tyl says he came across the aspect by reading the works of German astrologer Thomas Ring, but I understand there are earlier references.

Tom
Atlantean

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Thomas Ring

Thanks, Tom for that clarification. As soon as I read the name, I remembered. (that's the way it goes... )

TMC
Tom

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMC

Since I hinted at this I'll finish it, despite it's being a non-traditional topic.

According to the post in the link below, the aspect predates Ring and was first studied by Edward L. Johndro, but no sources are given. Johndro was born in 1882. Ring was born in 1892. Again according to the author of the post, Johndro didn't name the aspect, Charles Jayne did. Tyl discusses his discovery of the aspect reading the works of Thomas Ring who, like Tyl worked on rectifying the chart of Leonardo DaVinci. (See Astrology of the Famed, Noel Tyl, p. 246).

Tyl gives the title and page of Ring's work, Astrologishe Mensche Kunde* Vol 1 p. 297, but not the year of publication. I also found the book online in pdf format, but it is in German and it gives a publication date of 1990, but Ring died in 1983. The author of the post referred to gives no data for his claim that Johndro first developed the aspect. The second link is the pdf format of the book in case you read German.

It probably isn't real important who worked with it first, but, it may interest some to see how the various authors handled the aspect, and if one is interested in such things, it might also be of interest to see how John Addey viewed this 24th harmonic aspect.

Tom

*The title on the pdf is written this way: Astrologishe Menschekunde. I don't know any German.

Claim: http://tribes.tribe.net/astrologynow/thread/2f8d28da-33ea-4f43-99d4-741fab3c1316

Book: http://www.astro.com/ring/band1.pdf

johannes susato

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my knowledge the 165-Aspekt was 'found' by KEPLER and was called Tao, meaning crisis, ambuscade (without quote).

Johannes

PS: Ring, p. 283, not mentioning KEPLER
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not mind the topic wandering a little beyond boundaries and tradition as long as the discussion is constructive and friendly. So far there has appeared several small leads that have given me things to think about - so thank you very much! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: