Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Will I obtain the post?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
al-Nablusi

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Will I obtain the post? Reply with quote

Hello,

this morning I have applied for an academic job, casting an horary - well, thinking about the question at least - the very moment I completed the application forms.

Scorpio rises. I am signified by Mars at 24° 39' Cancer.
The job is Mercury at 25° 21' Virgo.
The other applicants are given by Venus at 19° 23' Virgo.

I don't think I will obtain this post:

- Mars is in fall, in the eight house, conjunct the South node, and less than one degree from Pollux and Procyon. Both of these are malefic fixed stars. Pollux indicates deception, and Procyon signifies slander, cruelty and scandals.

- Mercury has just separed a sextile from Mars. There is no reception between Mars and Mercury.

- Mercury has separed a conjunction from Venus. Looks like both me and the other applicants have somehow already turned down or left the job. But this is clearly not the case, since the selection hasn't begun yet. Venus is in the tenth house, and received by Mercury. Mars does not enjoy a similar condition. It is as if another person, perhaps a woman, enjoys a greater familiarity with the staff than I do. My position is more difficult.

- The Moon will square Jupiter, and then perfect a trine to Venus.

- The Moon is in the sign of its exaltation, and disposed by Venus.

Mercury translates Mars' light to Saturn, but as the ruler of the second and third houses, Saturn doesn't seem to have much to do with the job. This configuration may indicate that some people have tried to put in a good word for me. But, Mars is in Saturn's detriment and there is no reception between Mars and Saturn. This attempt may not come to a good end.

I am sure I will benefit from your insights on the chart.
AquaStella

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the highly dignified Mercury (in domicile and exaltation) lord 10th in the 10th applies to sextile Asc in a few minutes of arc. Actually this sextile is partile. This is a very positive indication.

Good luck ! Thumbs up
al-Nablusi

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks AquaStella, I didn't notice the applying sextile, but then, wouldn't Mercury perfect a trine to the seventh house cusp at the same time?

AN
yuzuru

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, nablusi (?)

First thing is I hate horaries that we are not sure if they are in reality electional charts.... that is why I ask students not to cast charts "on the time". Cast a few days earlier or after.

I would advise not to worry about the 7th house. My experience is that there is not really any meaning in saying that the 7th is "the competition". If you did know your competition it could be of importance, but you are not worried with the generic other, you want to know your chances.

I think you will get the job, but it is likely that you wonīt like it... Saturn always wants a price. It will be either hard or menial job.
al-Nablusi

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right.

According to Lehman, whenever the exact time of an event is available, an event chart should be used instead of a horary.

In this case, I should cast a chart for time when I handed in the application forms. (around 11:35, but I can retrieve the exact time)

But I actually thought about the question at 10:45. I guess it does not matter, as what really counts is the event.

Things look much different in the event chart. To name just two factors, my significator is retrograde Jupiter in Aquarius, which receives no aspects from Mercury in the tenth
yuzuru

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is a point where I strongly disagree with Lehman and agrees with Frawley. "Event charts" usually canīt be analysed with the rules of horary, so a good horary will be worth a thousand event charts
al-Nablusi

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

today I just was told that I got the post. I should be signing the contract in a week or so,

AN
yuzuru

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hapiness in your new post!
thanks for the feedback
JulieYvonne

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yuzuru wrote:
I think you will get the job, but it is likely that you wonīt like it... Saturn always wants a price. It will be either hard or menial job.

Please reveal why you thought he would get the job. Mercury?
yuzuru

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Julie

This lack doesnīt have a lot of action on the primary significators, but a lot of secondary support.

Sun, ruler of 9th trining jupiter, general ruler of universities.

Mars in sextile Saturn, a general ruler of positions, in the 10th, and mercury, ruler of 10'th, is translating light between them.

Saturn will confirm the position, but as saturn is saturn, will bring a price also.
al-Nablusi

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some months ago

yuzuru wrote:

to tell you the truth, this post was stifling my creativity so after a few months I accepted a different position.

In my delineation I noticed how

Quote:
- Mars is in fall, in the eight house, conjunct the South node, and less than one degree from Pollux and Procyon. Both of these are malefic fixed stars. Pollux indicates deception, and Procyon signifies slander, cruelty and scandals.

Let's say that some promises were broken...

AN
astropet

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we stick to the Moon's aspects to our main significators, it will first trine Venus (the other applicants), but after that it will sextile Mars, your significator, translating your light to Mercury, the job, which is the Moon's next aspect after Mars. The aspect will perfect in a little more than 16 degrees and the only logical time unit in this case is weeks. Years and months is too long a time, while days is too short. Exactly a few days later than 16 weeks , you got the job.

Last edited by astropet on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
astropet

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury, the job, will soon enter Libra, where it will receive you in detriment. This could explain your eventual dissatisfaction with the job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: