Football Predictions October 2009

Hi all,

I'm looking at three Premier League games on Sunday - Chelsea/Liverpool (4pm), Everton/Stoke (3pm) and West Ham/Fulham (3pm). The home teams are the faves.

All three charts have Capricorn rising and Saturn L1 is partile trine the North Node. I've never considered this aspect before so I checked previous examples of L1 (or L7) partile trine NN and found 100% wins. Additionally all three charts have strong radicality with Asc ruler and hour-ruler in the same sign. There are also some minor testimonies which support the faves; I can see nothing for the underdogs. Hopefully I haven't missed anything!

A treble on Chelsea, Everton and West Ham all to win would produce a return of 7.43. Single bets are always safer but I think the treble might be worth a small gamble.

Comments welcome.

I'll add a game for observation:

Arsenal - Blackburn, 13.30 BST
Asc 19SG21 MC 22LI24 Moon 14AR35 POF 22GE31
Day Sun, Hour Mars - same powers as asc., radical
I would expect Arsenal to be the stronger team, but then POF is in the 7th trine MC (I don't know whether that counts) and POF is square Mercury L7. I'm sitting on the sideline for this one.

In the Chelsea game, Mercury is Lord of Hour and in the same sign as Saturn, L1, so I think that should be safe. An hour earlier Venus is Lady of the Hour when Everton and WestHam play their games. Venus rules the ascendant by triplicity, which seems to find comfort also in draws. The Moon, L7, is inconjunct the Midheaven at Everton's home ground - and might disturb the result one way or another.

Good Luck, Ficina! I do hope you get that tripple!
http://www.astronor.com

Thanks for your comments, Andrew, and your good luck wishes. A bit of luck is always helpful in this prediction game :)

I'm glad you agree re Chelsea. It's probably best to stick to one-off games anyway and Chelsea are a decent price. The fact the other two games have the same ko time and also one of them is a derby are two good reasons to avoid these games. But I'll stick to my guns and just add that in the Everton game Moon L7 is opposite Part of Sudden Advancement and in West Ham game it is square POF.

I don't blame you for sitting out the Arsenal game. It looks ok for Arsenal but my one concern is Mercury L7 and Mars L4 aspecting Uranus.

Going back to the Chelsea/Liverpool game, with the Moon being so close to aspecting Jupiter L10, I'm considering going for a HT/FT bet of Chelsea/Chelsea. Have you ever tried this bet? I've done it a few times recently as obviously it gives a better return than the straight win.

Exciting game at the Emirates. 3-2 at half-time with Blackburn twice taking the lead against Arsenal. That was the Uranus surprise! Thank you, Blackburn, for scoring first (odds were 4/1) :wink:

Arsenal 6 - 2 Blackburn
Everton 1 - 1 Stoke
W. Ham 2 - 2 Fulham
Chelsea 2 - 0 Liverpool

Well done, Andrew, for getting the draws :'

Good that Chelsea won. I decided not to do the HT/FT bet, luckily since it was 0-0 at half-time.

Yes, those draws were great! :)

I did try a half-time bet, but also went on the full-time result in combination with other games. So I am hardly grumbling and my books are in profit! :'
Ficina wrote:I don't blame you for sitting out the Arsenal game. It looks ok for Arsenal but my one concern is Mercury L7 and Mars L4 aspecting Uranus.
Arsenal's final treatment of Blackburn was obtrusive, but it was interesting to see how those aspects of L7 and L4 to Uranus worked out. Blackburn took the lead twice before Arsenal went bananas and beat the living daylight out of them!

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Villa v Man City game tonight? Kick-off is 8pm BST, Asc 27?42' Taurus. ManC appear to be marginal faves, but some bookies have them as equal which sounds about right to me.

Mercury is hour-ruler so chart is radical, both by nature and same sign criteria. This would favour ManC if we accept they are faves. Saturn L10 is partile trine Asc which surely favours Villa.

I'm a bit stumped here. I'm tending towards Villa but they are one of my 'bogey' teams, i.e. they often do the opposite to what I predict!

You made a neat observation of Saturn's trine to the Asc there, Ficina. :'
I will give it to the home team, Villa. Mercury is LHr, Venus is L1, Saturn being L10 - all in the same sign. POF in Saggitarius sextile dispositor Jupiter. Mars, L7, in his fall - so close to the Moon's South node.

I have ManC down as Cancer, Libra, Venus. Note that Mars, L7, is in Cancer in this chart but that's an awkward position with the Dragon's tail. Then I have Villa as Sagittarius, Aries, Jupiter. In third position I would consider Virgo for the B'ham team, but Villa are more vigilant than B'ham - thus adding an element of fire. Notice the Virgo emphasis in the chart.

Villa - ManC 1-1

Well, that didn't quite work our way, although Villa did get the first goal and were ahead at half-time. Now what is it in this chart that brings about a draw? Mars L7 is angular but couldn't win due to his fall at the south node together with all the other factors mentioned. I do think Mars in Cancer is better for defences rather than advances.

It is strange that POF sextile Jupiter didn't topple the result either way. However, maybe the nodes on the meridian put the game in dead-lock. We'll just had to put this one down on our note pad.