Mackenzie Phillips, Incest, and Whole Sign Houses

From the AP story today concerning her appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show today, Sept. 23, '09:
Former child star Mackenzie Phillips said Wednesday her father, John Phillips, who was a leader of the 1960s pop group the Mamas and the Papas, raped her when she was a teenager and that her sexual relationship with him later became what she termed "consensual."

. . .

Phillips told Winfrey that she first tried cocaine when she was 11 years old. Her father did drugs with her, taught her to roll joints and injected her with cocaine. Phillips said she's been clean for a year after pleading guilty to possessing cocaine and entering a drug treatment program.

Phillips said the sexual relationship, although she believes it became consensual, was "an abuse of power" and "a betrayal" on her father's part. She said she forgave John Phillips on his deathbed.

"I can't be the only one this has happened to," Phillips said. "Someone needs to put a face on consensual incest."
Here is Ms. Phillips' birth data from AstroDatabank:

10 November 1959 at 21:35 (= 9:35 PM )
Timezone EST h5w (is standard time)
Alexandria VA, USA, 38n48, 77w03

Data source: From memory Rodden Rating A

Look at the Moon-Venus-Saturn configuration. Using Placidus or other quadrant systems it's in cadent houses. That would seem to weaken it and be less likely to produce such goings on. Using whole sign houses it's located in angular 4, 7 & 10. Venus rules the 4th house (the father) using both quadrant and whole sign houses. In her nocturnal chart, following Ptolemy, Saturn also signifies the father. The whole sign house Venus-Saturn square in 4 & 7 looks much more likely to produce such actions than if they were placed in 3 & 6. Could it be that a cadent placement for Venus-Moon-Saturn is adequate?

Or, is the time incorrect? Here is the ADB source note: ?Linda Clark quotes her, stating B.C. c. 1993 (In Dec/2001, she quotes her for 9:42 PM.)?. Using an earlier 8:35 pm puts Venus and Moon in Placidus 4 & 10, but Saturn is still cadent. If anything, I would think Saturn in the 7th is needed for such extreme ?activities?. A birth time of 7:35 gives quadrant houses what's needed. Any rectifiers want to tackle this one?

The Sun was in the 1st degree of Libra for the Winfrey show appearance and applying conjunct Venus, opposed Moon and square Saturn. Now, transiting Sun in the 3rd does show some 3rd house communication and might point to the validity of quadrant houses.

Hi,

Did you intentionally perform some astrological wizardry? The Phillips natal chart has an extremely tight Moon conjunct S Node in Aries opposed Venus conjunct N Node in Libra. At the time of your post today the Moon (in Aries!) was separating from an opposition to Venus ( in Libra!) ? squared by the transiting nodes in Capricorn and Cancer. :shock:

I was looking only at the traditional planets, which I believe lay the chart foundation. The Moon-Venus-Saturn-Nodes configuration involves the signs of Libra, Capricorn and Aries. Those are the signs on the angles, and the planets and nodes occupy the angular houses in a whole sign chart, but a quadrant system puts those all in cadent houses. One of the primary teachings in current-day traditional astrology is that cadent houses are weak and planets therein can't produce much, so I come away from that lesson wondering how they could have contributed much to such a situation. [OR: Have I misunderstood the lesson?] The Moon rules the ASC. Venus is lord (OK, lady) of the 4th, with Saturn tied with her as 4th house almuten. The chart is nocturnal, so Saturn would be the general/universal significator of the father.

But it looks like it could be more complicated than that, as shown in the thread about planetary significators for the parents.[ http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4831 ]. Even if I should be looking at triplicity lords and lots (and at this point I'm not sure of the necessity to), this Moon-Venus-Saturn-Nodes configuration kind of demands to be associated with the angles rather than cadent houses. Assuming she's telling the truth. But then again, maybe it does belong there and to her telling the story. A case showing the usefulness of using whole sign and quadrant houses together?

Don't forget Moon conjunct Scheat.

Diane Rosenberg on Moon Conjuct Scheat(Solar writer):
Possible physical and/or psychologicalmanifestations: lung ailments, depression, insanity, psychoses, schizophrenia, paranoia, manic-depression, autism,senility, incest, pedophilia, sadistic pedophilia, murder, suicide; possible danger from storms, floods, shipwrecks,drowning. injuries or loss of life in catastrophes
She quotes examples:
Examples of the Moon here include Alexander the Great, 4th-century BCE conqueror (died at 32, possibly of typhoidfever), Regiomontanus (Johann Muller), 15th-century astrologer and mathematician who constructed an observatory,founded a printing office and published ephemerides, Myron Turner , Rear Admiral, Dental Corps, Hermann Hesse ,author ("Siddhartha"), Richard Rodgers , composer, writer of songs of lyric power and beauty, but "aloof, stern,hard-nosed attitude bordering on ruthlessness, tendency to depression," Martin Balsam, Ron Husmann, actors, RichardSavitt , tennis champion, John Wayne Gacy , serial sexual killer of 32 young men and boys, Ricardo Ramirez ,Satan-worshipping "Night Stalker" serial killer, rapist and mutilator
Looks like she has got bit of everything.

PD