Moon dispositor theory and U.S Presidential inaugurations

I recently discovered a simple method to predict which party will win the American Presidential election in the year in question. The method is based on the following theory:

Jupiter represents the Republican party

Saturn represents the Democratic party

If we follow the dispositor trail of the Moon on inauguration day, if it ends with Jupiter, A Republican is inaugurated. If Saturn, a Democrat.

In the 20 inaugurations from January 20th 1933 (first time the inauguration was on January 20th at noon) to January 20th 2009, the method worked 15 times (4 out of 5 elections correct).

It did not work in 1973 (Nixon), 1981 and 1985 (Reagan) and 2005 (Bush) - Note that where it did not work, a Democrat was predicted but a Republican won. Why didnt it work for those years? I would suggest for Nixon and Reagan, it didnt work because both men had Saturn ruling important planets /angles in their natal chart making Saturn more a representative of them individually rather than the Democratic party (Nixon had both luminaries ruled by Saturn, Reagan had his Asc in Capricorn with Mercury and Mars present, Sun in Aquarius) - but that would need more research to verify. For Bush's second inauguration the Moon in Gemini went to Mercury in Capricorn to Saturn in Cancer, ending the trail. When Saturn ends the trail, A Democrat is usually inaugurated. However, looking at Bush's own natal chart we see the Sun and Saturn in Cancer, making him more "in tune" with the inauguration chart than John Kerry.

Looking at 2009 and the upcoming 5 inaugurations (provided the inauguration date is not changed):

2009: Moon in Scorpio goes to Mars exalted in Capricorn to Saturn in Virgo and back to Mercury in Aquarius. Trail ended with Saturn and a Democrat was indeed inaugurated.

2013: Moon in Taurus goes to Venus in Sagittarius to Jupiter in Gemini to Mercury in Aquarius to Saturn in Scorpio to Mars in Aquarius (Saturn/Mars mutual reception). A Democrat would be predicted here.

2017: Moon in Scorpio goes to Mars in Pisces goes to Jupiter in Libra goes to Venus in Pisces and back to Jupiter. A Republican would be predicted here.

2021: Moon in Aries goes to Mars in Taurus goes to Venus in Sagittarius to Jupiter in Aquarius to Saturn in Aquarius. A Democrat would be predicted here.

2025: Moon in Libra goes to Venus in Pisces goes to Jupiter in Gemini to Mercury in Capricorn to Saturn in Pisces back to Jupiter. A Republican would be predicted here.

2029: Moon in Aries goes to Mars in Libra goes to Venus in Capricorn to Saturn in Taurus (Venus/Saturn mutual reception). A Democrat would be predicted here.

The examples of Nixon, Reagan and Bush where the method did not work show that it is also important to consider the candidates own natal chart so the above outlook from 2013 to 2029 is by no means a definitive prediction, but rather a prelimenary outlook.
Last edited by Mr Stellium on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I thought people might be interested in this old thread from 2009 which explains a non-natal method to predicting the winning party at US Presidential elections.

Unlike the non-natal techniques I used for this election this one worked!

I think Vicki was recently exploring a similar approach for election days.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

I tried to post this in the locked thread about techniques. Perhaps you can move it there Mark.

As the technique seemed to fail in the last 2 elections I decided to see if I could find a correction and I did.

Location of the Moon is still the decider but not its position above or below the Asc-Desc axis but above or below the Ept/W Pt axis (greater or less than 90? in right ascension from the MC).

That does not affect any of the prior elections and after the 4 inaugurations with specific one out extenuating transiting circumstances and inaugurations following 3 assassinations and 1 resignation in the period (outliers) are taken out has the technique working for 23 out of 23 inaugurations, that is 100% of the time.

Absolute outliers in the inaugurations since 1897, the only inaugurations for which they were present:

1905 Inaug Moon 328?43', Inaug Saturn 38?30' (Besieged Moon).

1937 Sibly Pluto 300?18', Inaug Pluto opp at 120?13'. A longer wait than the Cubs had.

1981 Only inauguration on the day of a Full Moon.

1985 Only inauguration on the day of a New Moon.

But an explanation must be given to explain the 2 inaugurations since 2009.

It is when the Moon is more than 90 degrees from the MC (Below the E or W Pts) not below the Asc/Desc axis.

Because at the 2013 inauguration the Moon rose at 292?01' ahead of the Asc that rose at 295?57'. That would have indicated a change of party which did not happen, whereas the East Point rose at 287?09' and the Moon rose at 292?01' which means it was under the E Pt/W Pt axis.

This is the only way to explain the 2017 inauguration where the Moon set at 300?after the Asc rose at 298?14' which would place the Moon below the Asc/Desc axis which would have been an indication of no change.

Using the East Point rising at 288?42' the Moon would have to set at less than 288?42 to signify no change of party but it sets at 300?13' which places it above the W Pt to indicate a change of party.

I have found that the Saturn/ Jupiter method (however it?s used) works to a point, but is not infallible. When I wrote my thread a few weeks ago I didn?t realise that Stellium had worked on something similar. Stellium used the inauguration chart and I used the election day sunrise chart.

Jupiter ruled everything on the election day this year and the Republican candidate won. On 7 previous occasions when Jupiter ruled everything the Republican party has always won and also on the 2 occasions when Jupiter ruled everything except Venus in Libra.

The big ?However? with this system is that Saturn has never ever ruled everything on any election day so it becomes very difficult to call a Democrat win and shows this system to be of limited value.

I am agreeing with Stellium that any Jupiter/Saturn system (and thus non natal) will not work necessarily in isolation.

We do have to turn to the candidates? natal charts and in particular their resonance with the election day chart. I do agree with Tom who does not think the natal charts in isolation will give us the result because both charts are bound to show success since both candidates have done well to get as far as they have.

However linking personal points in the natal charts to the election day chart with particular emphasis on the Moon?s movement, is very important, I think.
Last edited by Vicki on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

I find a small conceptual problem, and is that Saturn is associated with conservatism, so the Republic Party is symbolized by Saturn, and the Democratic Party would be more liberal, that the concept of the United States would be Progressive, which would be symbolized by Jupiter.
www.siderum.com