Love Horary - re-interpretation

Hi, i am in a relationship with a man who has a girlfriend. He has a child by her and looks after her 3 children from her previous marriage. He tried to separate last year to be with me but the indirect threat of losing his relations with the children kept him.

I had a chart reading in Dec 2009 where the astrological factors considered by the astrologer were

'28 Capricorn rises and it is Saturn hour. As Saturn rules Capricorn, the chart is radical or rooted which means it has internal signs of accuracy.

As Capricorn rises you are signified by Saturn who is highly dignified by exaltation, triplicity and term in the 8th house. Jupiter, peregrine and thus weak and Neptune are in the 1st house,your house. The person asked about is signified by the Moon, ruler of the 7thhouse of relationships. The Moon is peregrine and thus weak and andvoid of course and combust and conjunct the 12th house cusp. Mars,peregrine, is in the 7th house. The Moon, significator of the person asked about, after changingsigns, squares Saturn, your significator. The Sun squares Saturn.'

I am not questioning the accuracy of the reading of the chart but i wouldn't mind a second take on the interpretation of this chart.... Can anyone help?

Sorry my question to the astrologer was 'Can you tell me whether there is a future for the personbelow and i? Whether anything will come of the relationship(marriage), whether deception is involved and so forth. '

I'm not sure this is appropriate. A horary is quite a personal thing between you and the astrologer -I don't think it is a matter of just getting a 'second opinion' on the same chart because that astrologer was intimately involved in the casting of that particular chart. If you have doubts, have you spoken to the astrologer? Maybe if you give him or her some feedback the judgement will take on a new light.

In any event, the forum is not really for discussion of individual situations. Please read the policies in the margin link headed "read this first".

Moon7

Are you asking for a second opinion? Or a greater understanding of what the astrologer was saying?

Not sure I'm clear on what you're looking for. I'm sure the astrologer you went to knows what he's doing.

Hi there,

I'm looking for greater understanding not a second opinion. In my chart, i was signified by Saturn and it was Saturn hour and Saturn was highly dignified by exaltation, triplicity and term in the 8th house. My partner was dignified by the Moon in Scorpio which was peregrine and void of course and conjunct the 12th house cusp; a short while later the Moon would have changed signs to square Saturn (my ruler).

I am trying to work out whether this indicates that he and i would separate or whether this meant that we would soon face difficulties in our relationship.... Also Mars was retrograde in the 7th house. I am guessing Mars is also an indicator of my partner. When the chart was read, Mars was retrograde but in 2 weeks time from now (3 months on from the question) Mars will go direct. Does this mean that our relationship will improve or that he will be stronger from March and walk away when previously, he was unable to do so? Or perhaps Mars does not represent me at all and represents his long term girlfriend? Going by Lily's view that love interests are represented by the 7th house even if they are not married, would the 7th house signify his relationship with me or his relationship with his girlfriend?

I am just a little confused about what horary foretells - ultimate results of obstacles that crop up and the ultimate result is to be determined. I am also not 100% sure of which significators in this particular question.

Thanks,

Moon7

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Moon

So you ARE asking us for a second opinion on the chart. My advice is to go back to the astrologer and let him/her know your confusion as chances are they'll explain it for you.

Did the astrologer not have an 'end result' prediction?

Moon7 - here are a few love/affair horary links on the site, if you are trying to learn more about how they are read:

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/relationships.html
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/affair.pdf

In regards to the significators and outcome, the astrologer that created the chart always has the most power to answer the question, so you really would have to ask them. We are here to help each other as fellow horary students with horary questions, or second opinions on our own charts (for ourselves and for other people), but this is not your chart, it is your astrologer's chart for you. An astrologer has the ultimate say on their own chart, because it is under their rules, and they also phrased the question based on how they understood things, we didn't.

Is there a reason you don't feel comfortable asking them questions about the chart? They would likely be happy to explain these things to you. Horary is sometimes confusing, and it is expected that you would have questions. I hope that you focus on the big picture answer in the chart, though. Horary isn't going to tell you every little detail of the future, but it will answer the question that was asked.

Hi there,

I feel a bit uneasy going back to the astrologer as they were quite aggressive when i asked a question. They seemed to take it as an insult to their abilities which was not the case. It's ok. I will draw up my own chart and try and interpret myself and anything i don't understand, i will ask you guys for help. Thank you!

If you know of a software package that would make a chart drawing easier, please do let me know!

Tanit wrote: but this is not your chart, it is your astrologer's chart for you. .... they also phrased the question based on how they understood things, we didn't.
We're deeply into ethics aren't we? And the idea of not stepping on another astrologer's shoes, quite rightly. Yet if a client wanted a second opinion on one of my judgments, I would certainly give permission. I'm not infallible and may have missed something. I may learn from another perspective which I can carry forward and improve my work. This usually happens with the charts that I share with my mentor.

And as horary astrologers, we are merely conduits and interpreters of the symbolism of the oracle. I firmly believe that the question belongs to the querent. It must be in their own words, not phrased by the astrologer. The astrologer's words, emotions, biases must be kept out of the issue and they must remain neutral This is why it's so important to be clear on the types of issues we will not deal with. The ones that violate our own personal ethical code. It's part of staying professionally competent.

This is a bit like supervision, but for the querent! Which is unusual, but I respect Moon7's appeal to the forum and believe it is genuine. Why not ask the astrologer if it's OK to bring the chart to the forum for learning and verification of the judgment? IF they refused, I personally would question their motivations.

Having said that, I'm sure you will be able to work through the chart yourself with the aid of Tanit's pertinent links.
Last edited by PallasAthene on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.