Football predictions September 2009

In wait for the Premier League, who seem to have taken a second holiday, here is a match this evening the Norwegian first division. It is a one-off and is being played by H?nefoss (the 'Hen's Waterfall' - originally a Waterfall next to a Hen Farm) and Kongsvinger ('Kings Wings'). H?nefoss are in the 3rd position of the 1st division, having lost their two last away matches. They are one point behind Kongsvinger, It should be an exciting game.

H?nefoss - Kongsvinger, 19.35 CST 60N10, 10E18
Odds: 1,90 3,55 3,70
Asc 26AQ56 MC 22SG37 Moon 3TA59 POF 14LI43
Day Mars, Hour Moon - the Moon and Saturn are in the same triplicity.

There is something about the Aquarius ascendant that reminds me of a waterfall. However, the Moon is in the degree of her exdaltation and casts her antiscia to the Leo Descendant - The King's Wings. Saturn, L1, is square the Midheaven through signs of long ascension, yet under the Sun's Beams - the Sun being L7. I'm moving the result away from the favourite. The Moon's antiscia on the Desc. could give Kongsvinger the upper hand, yet the point that Saturn aspects the Midheaven and the chart is radical by triplicity would most likely result in a draw.
http://www.astronor.com

I agree it's difficult. I didn't comment on the chart beforehand because antiscion Moon conjunct Desc has proven tricky in the past and I wasn't sure which way it would jump. However, I like your suggestion that in a radical chart the Moon or its antiscion conjunct an angle will favour the favourite, and by the same token presumably will favour the underdog in a non-radical chart.

I've checked some previous examples and this idea would appear to make some sense. I'm also wondering if the Moon in Taurus added to the beneficial effect on the favourite. There are a couple of previous examples with Moon in Scorpio where the underdog prevailed. As usual it's difficult to generalise because obviously other testimonies have to be taken into account but hopefully these observations will be of use in the future.

It is important to submit charts whether the result works out as expected or not. This is the only way we will learn and sort things out.

It is hard to submit a chart and then discover that the ball bounces another way than expected but if we want to study astrology properly we have to be willing to work according to a method of elimination, too.

There is an array of football matches that may be inspected astrologically daily. The frequent reoccurance of events, although with teams being matched in ever-changing combinations, makes judgement hazardous.

I am not quite sure what to make of it. I am not quite sure what gaming with such challenges will do to my reputation but it has something to do with regarding the problem from the right angle. The challenge of sporting results and performance represent an exercise in judgement.

League One:

Any one with a take on today's top match between Southend and Leeds? The chart is difficult to judge, but there's nothing much else going on.

Southend - Leeds, 19.45 BST
Odds: 3,70 3,30 1,95
Asc 6AR54 MC 2CP39 Moon 15GE07 POF 2CP51
Day Venus, Hour Mars - radical

Leeds have only lost two matches since February and can show 9 victories in a row starting fra August. Southend are a good and stable team, but could Leeds be too great a challenge? The chart is radical, but is this good for the home team or the favourite? POF is conjunct the MC. This could be a valid testimony since other games are not being played, but for the favourite or the home team? Retrograde Mercury is hanging slightly below the descendant, but does this debilitate the guest? Mercury disposes both Sun and Moon. Mercury opposes antiscia Uranus.

My buttons are with Leeds, but the chart is more for study than for judgement. :???:

The chart is radical, but is this good for the home team or the favourite?
Well, radicality is usually an advantage for the favourite but is perhaps cancelled out with hour-ruler being L1.

I'm not sure who is favoured by POF conj MC but it's interesting to note that the night-time POF is conj Mars.

Southend seem to be the draw experts this season but I agree with you, it's difficult to go against Leeds on their current form.

Southend - Leeds 0-0
Well done Southend & Ficina - I think it comes down to the right mix-up of testimonies. However, Accrington beat Darlington 2-1 in league 2. The game started at the same time - but the game was easier from a home-favourite perspective.

In the French 2nd division 6 out of 9 matches ended a draw this evening.

POF on ASC

Does the POF on the ASC seriously support the home team, or the fave? I checked the chart of the Sheffield derby (Sheffield Utd - Sheffield Wed today at 19:45). POF is on the ASC, partile, as the Sun is conjunct the Moon (at 25?59' Virgo). We know the formula, so if Sun=Moon then ASC=POF.

But, there is a lot of matches today. Full rounds e.g. in French and Dutch lower divisions. And a few matches from other championships. The Sun-Moon conjunction lasts for hours, even if we only allow an orb of 1?. So practically we have lots of matches where the POF is on the ASC!

Do you guys have any experience in this?

I've generally found Arabic parts conjunct angles to be unreliable but it's difficult to generalise because obviously other testimonies have to be taken into consideration. For example, Jupiter is always conjunct the Parts of Victory and Triumph when there's a New Moon - important when Jupiter is L1 or L7. This isn't the case in the Sheffield game but it might be in some of the other games if the charts have Pisces rising.

I've found two examples of POF conj Asc where the away underdogs won. In one of these Jupiter was L7 but I'm also wondering whether Moon being combust is a negative for the faves. In neither of those charts was the aspect so close as it is in the Sheffield chart, so the exactness might make a difference. Have you found any other testimonies to support either side?

Ficina wrote:For example, Jupiter is always conjunct the Parts of Victory and Triumph when there's a New Moon - important when Jupiter is L1 or L7.
Yes, and Mars is conjunct "Part of valour and bravery"... :)
Ficina wrote:Have you found any other testimonies to support either side?
No, I haven't. :? Although Mars is L1, probably representing United, but this part of valour/bravery is probably not important.

But with a somewhat nothingy chart like this, the home faves should (...) get it!