I'm an Aq, Sag rising, Virgo moon... when I was 6 yrs old, pop would let me steer.
I started driving friends cars at 15 (never got caught, started going to bars at 16 -in a state where the drinking age was 21 also, but that's another story altogether).
I've had a knack for diagnosing problems, and can 'feel' when something is getting ready to give mechanically, or is under stress.
Saturn in Cap is probably what makes me very defensive, as I've been able to stay alive on motorcycles for years as well.
My slippery Sag rising nearly always keeps me out of hot water! ;)

My Cancer Sun 17 yr old son who has just started driving also reverse parks in the driveway and the garage and parking lots!! :) thats annoying !! :)
As for me, I am a very cautious driver and follow all the rules and have had only 1 accident in my 15 yrs of driving and that happened only b'cos my brakes failed!
regards
missvirgo

Hello,
Mii wrote:maybe driving a car is a not question of sun-sign character but question of transit to the sun sign?
One of my friend, who worked for insurance company, checked this: when Saturn was in Gemini the worst drivers were... Geminies, Sagittarians and Piscies. Looks like a serious transit could change character of sun sign.
I would narrow down the Saturn transit to the relevant house, for driving - the 3rd house. Also, one's Sun sign blankets a lot of things, in other words is too much of a generalisation, though of course, transit through a sign could also have its effect. Nonetheless, considering the relevant house always helps to ascertain things further. I think someone already suggested this in an earlier post.

Personally, I have Ven ruling my 3rd, so I can be (if I want to;) quite a harmonious driver, esp. as it is not poorly aspected in my chart. Yet, I sometimes do like to enjoy the 'thrills' of driving and to feel the excitement. This might come from Uranus in the 3rd. As an Aquarian, with Mer also in Aqua, I do like light cars. They give me the feeling of flying.

Cheers, Solaqua

aglaya wrote: Oddly enough, i've met many people with Saturn in Gemini who hate driving- many of them own a car and plan to start driving it soon but never do!
I second that. I think it may starts its effects after the saturn return at 28-30 years of age. Heavy responsibility/fear of causing an accident.

Now, sorry if I bump this thread when I shouldn't but the results I read stroke me as odd. Perhaps is the country I come from that has different standards?
What is the definition of a good driver/rider?. A slow snail is NOT a good driver. A hectic driver is NOT a good one even if he is fast. A good driver may get in a somewhat serious car/bike accident once or twice in their lifetimes; not 5+ times - with the exception of racers.

My personal experience of a few signs according to the aforementioned definitions I can share:
Absolutely best drivers: Librans.
They are somewhat fast, in a comfortable "steadily higher than limit speed". They have surprisingly fast reflexes, and rarely if ever drive hectically. No matter what you give them to drive, they will handle it like pros (taxis, motorcycles, agricultural trucks - you name it. They might do wheelies, slides, street-races but with a measure, rarely and somehow they are very skillful in driving tricks.
Asc libra may work too.

Sign I'd rather die than get in his/her car: Leos.
Keyword: OhMyGod! They have a devilish luck that saves them and others (sometimes) from an early death. They drive based on sheer luck. Out of 5 close friends, one died, the other can hardly pass check in airports (too much metal in his body), one has had only minor car accidents, one killed his co-driver, one was the joke of the company - a car accident every single time he took his vehicle out of the service. :-sk
Maybe is devilishly bad luck that haunts them...

Second worst: Aries
Keyword: hectic. They nail gas (and truly believe they nail brakes as fast), minimum thought process, speeders for the sake of speed (and showing off who's the fastest). They are not bad per se, they are annoying with their hectic speeding-braking-turning and indifferent for their passengers. It is like their brain can not process a smooth interaction of their legs.
Good inside a race-track (alone). Bad to be a passenger in their car.

If I was in a car sliding on ice, towards a cliff, spinning around itself, I would chose a libran driver to save the day.
Be kind, but be brave.

http://wroskopos.wordpress.com/

Mii wrote:Hi,
maybe driving a car is a not question of sun-sign character but question of transit to the sun sign?
One of my friend, who worked for insurance company, checked this: when Saturn was in Gemini the worst drivers were... Geminies, Sagittarians and Piscies. Looks like a serious transit could change character of sun sign.
Were they really the worst drivers then though? What was being measured? Number of accidents they were involved in/claims?

I think the number of accidents and claims tells us something but
I am not sure they are necessarily a guide to safe or bad driving; only the number of accidents caused is the true indicator. I've had three, albeit minor accidents, where I stopped because I had to ( e.g to avoid hitting a queue of cars in front) yet the person behind me didn't. That would add to the Scorpio driver stats, but this would be an indication that scorpios were more unlucky ? perhapsduring a transit rather than that they were worse drivers then.

Often you see bad driving almost ( and presumably in some cases actually) causing accidents between two other vehicles who try to take evasive action- whilst the erratic driver sails off to do more damage elsewhere. That would appear as an accident between two signs but would not include the worst offender.

As always with these studies we need to pick the assumptions apart before forming any conclusions.