Star signs and Car Driving

Star signs and Car Driving

I recall having read in a book that when Cancer sits down to drive a car, their natural instinct is to put the car in reverse and drive a few feet backwards (whether required or not) before moving forward.

Now my wife is an Aries. She always puts the car into gear BEFORE turning the key and igniting the motor! Now what the heck is the point of doing that?? She wants to start moving ahead of everything else!! As always... :???:

Any one else on patterns of habit while stuck in the traffic? Does Pisces get stuck in the roundabouts? Will Scorpio's cut the curb? Do Leo's have particular requirements to parking spaces? Do Taurians make particular claims, or Sagittarius skip paying parking fees? I would love to hear! :)
http://www.astronor.com

Driving habits

Being a Virgo (tropical & sidereal), when driving to large crowded parking lots, I will take extra time to find the perfect parking space to suit my needs. Large parking lots that I frequent a-lot; I know in advance where my best probability is to find the best parking space.

Regards, Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan

I always examine the 3rd ruler and Mercury - not sure as to how much the Sun sign alone can tell. My Sun is in Cancer and my Asc is ruled by Mercury (Virgo). The ruler of my 3rd (at least in Placidus) is inside Cancer too- I've never given it a lot of thought but I don't think I'm a Cancer type driver actually ('tho, what kind of drivers are Cancers according to your book? ). Driving backwards....I do like to park my car that way but it's technically the easier way - pure geometry (Virgo ), plus I like to show off with my parking skills (Mercury in Leo). Mercury is also conjunct Jupiter in my natal chart and inside the 12th. But I'm a fast driver and often swear a lot - as you can imagine, I have Mars in Gemini (10th) and I act very casually when I drive (I'm relaxed, I love driving and people usually say that I look like someone sitting in an armchair and watching TV). They also say I drive like a man! I've got Mercury/Jupiter sextile Mars (in Gemini) and Venus (3rd ruler) sextile Saturn (inside the 1st).

I start the machine first (before putting it into gear), I love the challenge of parking my car in narrow places (OFTEN successfully :lol: ) , I never forget to pull the brake (unlike some members of my family ), I cannot drive without music (and the music is usually loud!), I do cut a lot of curves but only when it is safe (I'm am a temperamental but not really a dangerous driver). I also prefer old roads to highways which is odd, because I usually cut the curves to get to the desired place faster!

And I don't get tremendously upset when I scratch or damage my car.

Still, i think my driving "skills" and behaviour are pretty much determined by Mars in Gemini.

I actually have a few profesional drivers in my family - 5 i think. All with different sun signs.
Last edited by aglaya on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I am a Cancerian Sun with Moon in Taurus I drive pretty carefully and slowly and am OK on the reversing, in fact always park the car that way. Mercury is retrograde in Cancer that may help with the reversing. My partner who is a Scorpio with Moon in Aries is the maddest driver I know. He has to be in front of everything on the road, even if this involves overtaking 4 Lorries and a couple cars to get in front. I always say his Moon makes him reckless.
I used to work as a motor insurance clerk, I found that the Pisceans were most likely to have the accidents followed by Librans. I know thats not very technical but it's just my observations.

Does Pisces get stuck in the roundabouts?
Having done more than my share of driving all over the US, I can tell you that the best way to handle "roundabouts" or "rotaries (New England) or "circles" (New Jersey) is to always stay on the outside. That's where the exits are. Yes we have circles with more than lane.

So no, I don't get stuck, but I do miss exits daydreaming a lot.

Tom

My partner - Scorpio - always cuts the curbs usually at 40 mph so much so that his mother has to take a plastic bag with her on any journey. Also his car is always left in gear (Aries Moon) ready for the off/race.

I actually did an electional chart for my driving test with a little help from Master Frawley he advised me what to strengthen, and much to my instructors amazement I passed.

Oh, I love this.

As a Capricorn driver, I am safe and defensive (never had an accident that was my fault).

With the Taurus Moon, I keep my knitting in the car with me, and knit at stoplights. I got into trouble with an officer once over it - he wanted to know if I had any weapons in the car, and I told him my sewing scissors were a real weapon. He thought I was being mouthy, pulled his gun, n put cuffs on me - must 'ave been scared of those scissors!

Virgo Ascendent makes me real critical of other drivers, and Mars in sneaky Pisces makes me cut in front of 'em in traffic more than I should, I'm ashamed to admit.

But at least I stay off my cell phone while driving - could be all those planets in the western hemisphere means I care 'bout my fellow man.
All I know is that if my birth chart was a horary, the answer would be "No".

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/

It is very strange to know that your driving skills are also impacted by your star sign. I have no idea about it. My star sign is ares so can anyone tell me that how my driving skill is??

Aggressive. No doubt.
No comparison with Roseadison's driving skills what so ever, but a picture flashed through my mind where Mr. Bean races his Mini through a parking lot to get out the while the beam is up. He knock's over a 3 wheel drive on his way out.

Link: Mr. Bean leaving the Parking House

There is something definately Arian about this behaviour (no offense meant) but what is the other half of the story? Is it Saturn in Cancer?
http://www.astronor.com

Hi,
maybe driving a car is a not question of sun-sign character but question of transit to the sun sign?
One of my friend, who worked for insurance company, checked this: when Saturn was in Gemini the worst drivers were... Geminies, Sagittarians and Piscies. Looks like a serious transit could change character of sun sign.

Mii

Of course as a Gemini I'm the best driver - Sagittarians, sorry ;)