Feral Sun?

I'm breaking the rule a little bit because it was in my own chart that I first noticed it, but can the Sun be feral?

I was born a couple of days after an eclipse, with the Sun at 1 Taurus. The Moon is in late Taurus out of range of being USB, but the Sun won't aspect any other planets until it hits Gemini.

Would the lunar aspects - the sextile, trine, opposition, so forth - count as the Moon continues to move through the signs, or is the Sun feral?

Not asking so much for interpretations, just wondering if the lunar aspects would nullify it. I'm thinking they wouldn't because the Moon has to change signs first. And that the same principle would hold for other feral planets as well - if a planet had to change signs to aspect the feral planet, would that make it non-feral? (Blame the wording on Mercury slowing down please, but I hope you know what I mean!)

Thanks.

Re: Feral Sun?

Hi Olivia,

you ask:
Would the lunar aspects - the sextile, trine, opposition, so forth - count as the Moon continues to move through the signs, or is the Sun feral?
As far as I remember, you like Ibn Ezra very much, so, when you will read this quote you can be sure again. Ibn-Ezra, The Beginning of Wisdom (Epstein-Translation), p. 120:
"Feral is when a planet is in a sign and is not aspected by a[ny other] planet as long as it is there, and is not separating from a[ny] planet. This happens only to the Moon because of its swift motion."

When my understanding of this definition is correct then the Moon entering her own house or sign (Cancer) will be in sextile with the Sun. Until that time the Sun is remaining feral.

Johannes

Feral is not the same as Void of Course or unaspected, but is quite similar and means drifting idly without present purpose or direction. It occurs when a planet neither applies to, nor collects, any other planet in the sign of its location - as the chart stands. At that time when either the Moon or any other planet moves from one sign to another and alters, and more so interupts the condition of 'feralness' - then something radically changes as new circumstances arrive upon the scene and do directly impose a review of the situation. However, these matters lies beyond the powers and reach of both the querent and present. Feral also work a bit like an intercepted planet. However, the planet is not hidden or between walls, but might represent someting that has been overlooked or forgotten.

This would be my approach to the matter.
http://www.astronor.com