France v England

Hi all :)

Big game tonight! This tournament probably not of much interest to non-Europeans or those not interested in football. Anybody left? :wink:

Kick-off is 7.45pm Lisbon (summertime so 1hr ahead of GMT - hope I've got that right!) Asc 7Sag48

France are favourites so they are signified by Jupiter (1st ruler) with Mercury for England (7th ruler). Jup in detriment, Merc in dignity. Looking good so far for England. However, important to remember that a good strong team isn't everything because it's goals that count. IOW the best team doesn't always win! Merc entering combustion - very bad :( Moon shows how the favourites will fare - exalted in Taurus, applying trine to Jup. Looks good for France. These testimonies lead me to believe that England will find it difficult (if not impossible) to score, and France will win.

How many goals? Count the Moon's aspects. Trine Jup, sextile Saturn, sextile antiscion Merc. Not sure about antiscia - sometimes they work, sometimes not, and this one is rather wide. However, it is to Merc, one of the sigs. Could this indicate a goal for England? Or am I being optimistic? :wink:

Not a straightforward one to predict, so I'm certainly not putting any money on it! France to win 2-0 or 2-1. (Hope I'm wrong because (surprise, surprise) I really want England to win!) :D

Interesting that Jup dignifies Merc, and Merc is in Jup's detriment. A case of France making England look good, and England making France look bad? We'll see.....

Come on England! :lala

Any comments anyone?

That's one up for you Ficina. I haven't watched the game or seen the chart, but I've just heard the result: 2-1 to France.

So - let's see what you come up with for the next one :)

Thanks Deb :) I thought I'd be coming back here with egg on my face up until the 91st minute of the match. England had hung on to a one goal lead, then France scored 2 goals in as many minutes during injury time, and the game was over. Everyone was somewhat stunned, to say the least! Anyway I'm pleased the astrology worked, even though England lost.

As for more predictions.... A couple of years ago when the World Cup was on, I went a bit bananas and was doing charts for every match! I think this time I'll stick to just the England games (for as long as we're still in it!), then perhaps the semis and the final. However, if anyone has a particular interest in any of the other matches, let me know and we can have a look at the charts.

Next England game is on Thursday so I'll post then. I prefer to wait until the actual day before looking at the chart - seems to work better that way.

Ficina wrote:However, if anyone has a particular interest in any of the other matches, let me know and we can have a look at the charts.
Hi Ficina

I would be interested in the rest of Englands group. Matches tend to be on the same day though. Not sure if that helps or makes it more difficult.
Neil
Online Dating::Star Sign Compatibility

"Honesty's the Best Policy" - Miguel de Cervantes

I have a certain technique that's never let me down so far, but it only works for big international matches so I hold back for those. I do think you have to have a real interest in the game to create the right focus on the chart that allows you to draw a reliable judgement from it. So very wise not to rush out predictions until you feel it's right for you.
But what was good about your prediction here was the accuracy by which you predicted the result. And I can't think of another scenario where a prediction of a 2-0 or 2-1 win could have been so apt.

If I make any I will, but I'm rebelling against football mania and refusing to be interested at the moment. Actually I watched about 1 minute of last night's game - someone was taking a penalty and the excitment (and stress) was too much for me; I had to leave the room.
Sometimes I think its best when they put us out of our misery early :lol:

If you give me the data for the next England match, I'll put the chart here asap.

Congrats, Ficina! One thing that interested me is the resemblance between the way this game went, and the Manchester Utd v Bayern Munich Champions League final in 1999 (Munich were 1-0 up for most of the game, but Man U got one in the final few minutes, then another whilst the Munich players were still shell-shocked; John Frawley helped his career along very nicely by predicting just such an outcome on TV; written up in 'Astrologer's Apprentice' #13 p.39-41).

That game was 19.45 BST, 26 May 1999, Barcelona (0Sag28 Asc).

The only point in common I can see on a quick scan is that Mercury, which = Munich, was combust. But quite a bit closer than in the England game.

The England v Switzerland game is:

17.00 BST, 17 June 04, Coimbra (Portugal, obviously). 7 Scorp rising by my reckoning.

The fixtures are all nicely laid out here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

I would be interested in the rest of Englands group. Matches tend to be on the same day though. Not sure if that helps or makes it more difficult.
Hi Neil

I know from past experience that I tend to lose focus if I look at more than one match chart per day. However, if a few of us are going to join in with some predictions in advance, then I'm quite happy to go along with that. It will be fun!

I see Garry has posted the data for the next England match. The other match in our group that day, 17 June, is Croatia v France at 7.45pm in Leiria.

I have a certain technique that's never let me down so far
Wow! I shall be interested to hear about that, Deb. I've tried lots of techniques over the 10 years or so I've been doing sports predictions and none of them has proved to be consistently accurate.
But what was good about your prediction here was the accuracy by which you predicted the result. And I can't think of another scenario where a prediction of a 2-0 or 2-1 win could have been so apt.
Well, predicting that the favourites were going to win was no big deal. It's getting the score right that's the main thing - especially if you want to win big bucks 8)

"Rebelling against football mania"?? Shame on you! :wink: I love seeing the St. George's flag flying all over the place. At the moment, it's unusual to see a car without one! :D