Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Will I get the job THIS TIME?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanit

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Will I get the job THIS TIME? Reply with quote

I applied back in May for a temp position at a public health institution that is related to my scientific field of study. This is the only place I've gotten an interview at since applying for jobs after graduating college in May, mind you, but in the end they wanted someone with more lab experience. The main interviewer was adamant that she was very impressed with me and kept forwarding me info about other jobs, though. Anyway, I just got a job notification today from a friend regarding an office job at this same institution, and the same main interviewer is the lead. This isn't a lab job, and I have 5 years of experience in this line of work and the right degree.

I am asking, "will I get the job this time?" Meaning, will they think I am a better candidate this time around?

I am Saturn in the 8th - its traditional rulership, but no planet rejoices here. The Moon is also in the 8th. Ugh. The job is Mars in Gemini, in the 6th house of work (health services does sort of fall under a 6th house area). Mars is separating from a square to my sig of Saturn, indicating my past rejection. Mercury is conjunct Saturn in separation and will soon square Mars. I am guessing this could be a second rejection? Mercury is looking like a secondary sig. Mercury isn't that bad, as it appears to be closer to the 9th house and is in its rulership. Mars is also quite into Mercury, and is even in Mercury's house of rulership (6th). Soon the Moon will aspect Saturn/Mercury in a conjunction, then square Mars. Maybe they will be impressed with me again, but go with someone else? The 8th house placements, including the vertex point, all tend to be negative indicators in my experience, and the work sig squaring is only compounding this.

The Moon is trining the MC, but it is peregrine and debilitated in the 8th. Ugh.

Anything I might be missing? Could it be that Mercury is the position, vs. Mars?

Thanks for your time.
Tanit

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Mercury is quite slow and will soon go retro. I'm not sure what to make of Mercury here. It seems important.
mattG

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed it is. It does not go retrograde for a while.I do not use the 6th house for jobs. Try using the 10th house then read page 444 of CA
Then it might look a bit more positive.The square aspect could simply mean some difficulties which we all face these days jobhunting.Better a bad job than none at all.

Best wishes

Matt
Tanit

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always use the 10th, but Mars representing the 10th house ruler and it being in the 6th with Mercury ruling the 6th made me wonder if the 6th was key here... Mercury is probably a secondary sig though, or maybe more "you need to go get your PhD" stuff.
Tanit

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, it's not a bad job, it's just in a very bad area and I'd have to move out there, as I am several hrs away. It's not exactly what I want, but it's one of the best jobs I've come across over my several months of job-hunting. I sent in my app yesterday, and should hear back soon as to whether or not I'll get an interview.
mattG

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in a hurry to get to my job when I posted so I may have missed something and I did not schlepp my hardback CA with me but Lord 10 is the exaltation ruler of the asc in good aspect with the sun, natural significator of preferment and with Jupiter as well.Mercury could be seen as transferring light even if he is a little slower than usual.

It looks positive to me

Matt
Southern_Sky

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Mercury, as dispositor of Lord 10 (the job) to be the supervisor or boss of the job.

So the job itself is Mars, which is moderately weak - cadent, and in Term. The Boss would be Mercury, essentially strong (exaltation, rulership) but in a not-so-good part of the chart. Although it could be argued that it's close enough to the 9th to count as being 'in the ninth.'

That Mercury is goes retrograde could be a positive - revisiting your application, however from what I can tell it doesn't retrograde back far enough to perfect the conjunction to Saturn.

That Lord 10, the job, is in the 6th (house of illness, affliction, hospitals) could simply indicate it's a job in the health field.

By receptions, Saturn likes the boss alot more than the job. Saturn and co-sig Moon are in Mercury's rulership, but Saturn has no reception with Mars, and vice versa. So there's a kind of 'indifference' to the job, in some respects.

rega
Carol

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to put a damper on things, and maybe I'm all wrong, but with Mars/ruler of the job in the 6th (get-by office job, not your actual career) and you (Moon/Sat) in the "ugh" 8th Square to it, I get the feeling you might not like the job very much, even though there's a pretty good chance you might get it (all the positive Mercury connections and receptions with your significators).
Tanit

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your feedback, guys.

I didn't even notice that Mars was the exaltation ruler of the ascendant sign of Cap. Cool

The comments about the 8th saying I won't like the job might be true, as it's for the extroverted types vs. INTJs like myself (I'm a scientist not a phone person), but in this economy, beggars can't be choosers. I could learn a lot at this job, and it would likely be the best job I've had yet, so I wouldn't really have much to complain about. I'm afraid to get my hopes up at this point, though.

Also, it's true that the boss is someone I look up to and felt connected to, sort of like a mentor, just upon one meeting and a few emails. She might be Mercury. I know Mercury only goes retro for a little while and doesn't meet up w/ Saturn again, but it is slowing down and the Moon will at least meet up with it.
Tanit

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - I received confirmation on Wed 8/26 that they already hired someone else, and would call me later for an interview if they had any open positions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: