Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Will I get the Job
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rookie

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Will I get the Job Reply with quote

Hi All,

First I can not figure out how to attach my chart so here are the details

Question was Will I get this job
Asked on Aug 10 2009 at 10:17 AM
In Milton, Vermont 77w06 44n38

Background and interpretation

I have been unemployed for nearly 6 months. In traditional astrology, I saw opportunities coming available to me at the beginning of Aug through end of September. Most importantly and maybe relevant was a perfection of an opposition of Saturn to my natal Saturn on August 22. In the past, Saturn to Saturn aspects have signified dramatic changes in my life.

Suddenly about three weeks ago, there began to be job postings abound. I sent my resume to all of them and got a call on a management level accounting position locally, and scheduled a phone screening that went well. I asked the horary question will I get this job while I preparing in the AM for the afternoon phone screening.

My analysis was that I am represented by Venus (Ruler of the Asc) in the 10th house of jobs and co-ruled by the moon in 7th house of significant others. The job is also represented by the moon (Ruler of the 10th) so I ignored the co-ruler moon as representing me.

The chart appears to be radical so I proceeded to read it.

Venus square Applying Moon shows positively that I will get the position but not without hardship or delays. Both planets are in Angular houses so I interpreted that as fast action. Venus and moon are 1.4 degrees applying so the timing of the Job should be 1.4 (2) days away. However that isn't realistic. However the square aspect, I feel trumps that. I feel like the square means that instead of being read as angular, Maybe I should read it as Succeedant, Thus 2 weeks away.

I wanted to know if there were more clues in the chart. 7th house moon. Significant others. ????? Moon representing women in general. ????? I was curious if somehow there would be a woman involved in this whole process. I stewed over this thought for a day or so until it came to me that I should call a close friend of my family, a local realtor who knows everyone in the community, to see if she knew anyone at the company. She excitedly said she was close friends with the owner of the company and that she would call him immediately. They are in the process of trading phone messages.

I was told I should know if I made the first cut by end of week, today.

I would love to have some clarification on my interpretation as well as any further comments/interpretations.

I will keep everyone up to date!!!

Best regards,

Rookie

[/img]
Tanit

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, I don't know. In my experience, squares in questions like this generally mean, "no." This especially seems true here because the Moon is separating from a square to the MC and is in Venus' detriment of Aries, and opposing the ASC. Good luck, though. I've been looking for work for about 4 months myself. Mad

yuzuru

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, rookie
donīt have the time right now, but have you noticed that the moon is in antiscia with saturn?
Rookie

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antiscia with Saturn??? Not sure what that means but it doesn't sound good.
Olivia

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand - Venus - that's you - is smack in the job - that's the 10th cusp. And you've got a nice sextile to Mercury in high dignity going. I'd feel a little better if Merc didn't rule secret enemies (unless you applied for a job in a hospital or some other 12-housey place), but it also rules foreign connections, publishing, religion, and higher education - do any of those fit?

The Moon may be your competitor for the job, being on 7, but he isn't comfortably placed in Aries. You do look stronger, but I'm wondering if a peregrine planet on the 7th cusp could 'steal' the job from you, so to speak.

You do look like the better candidate, though.

And I wish you the best.
Rookie

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Olivia. I didn't read the square as a No either. I did read it as a delay or with difficulty.

The position is that of an accounting department manger in a company that provides high endcomputer software for beverage manufacturers.

Question however. If the moon in the seventh represents my competition, than what would represent the question or can they be one in the same.

I did see the high dignity between me and mercury but didn't read it as anything because mercury has nothing to do with the question. Is that wrong?

Regards
Rookie
Olivia

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since it's in 11 (I use 7/5/3 for house cusp offsets), it could mean that an intelligent friend might be instrumental in helping you get the job.

It's good not to over-read a horary, I agree, but when there's a partile aspect to your significator, it usually means something.

The place where everybody else and I disagree, which I extrapolate from Lilly's writing on shipwrecks. Actually, I tell a lie - Lee Lehman agrees with me - yay! She's a lot smarter than I am.

When a person and a thing are both represented by the same house, give the person to the planet and the thing to the house cusp.

It works for me, anyway. And it seems to work for Lee, too.

Does that answer the Moon question?
johannes susato

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without judging the radicality (or non-radicality) of your question in my opinion you should get the job.

Your significator is Venus only, because the Moon is given to the job, Lord 10. Venus just entered the tenth and is still on its cusp received by the Moon in her domicile. Perhaps this could be enough for a yes, but moreover Venus receives the Moon in her terms and by this mutual reception the harm or handicap of the square between both significators applying to perfection should be healed completely (Lilly, CA, p. 112).

Yuzuru has pointded out that the Monn is just about to conjoin the antiscion of Saturn. In my opinion it is very doubtful that an antiscion alone could hinder the perfection of a matter. Here it singifies the intermediation of the realtor who acts as your 'ambassador' in the business singnified by Saturn, Lord of the 5th, and thus not hindering but promoting your business.

All the best

Johannes
Rookie

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhat. In this case, the thing, the 10th house cusp represented by the moon in the 7th, the person referenced is also the moon because it's in th seventh of competitors, the ruler of which is mars in the 9th. Is that how you are reading it?

****Update***** The realtor I refer to as knowing the owner has conected. The owner is going to give the person responsible for hiring an email telling her that I came to this application with endorsements.

He told her this position has been open for some time because they are looking for the right fit. maybe what you are refering too when you say I am more qualified.

I LOVE MY DAUGHTERS BUT I AM SO READY TO GO BACK TO WORK!

Yippeeeee.
Olivia

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reading it as the job is the 10th house cusp. Full stop. Any job competitors are the Moon BECAUSE the Moon is smack on the descendant. Again - the thing (the job) goes to the cusp of the 10th, while the person or persons (competitors for the job - Moon on 7th house cusp) are the planet.

That make sense?

LOTS of times you don't have to split them. But occasionally, when you have something like this - the ruler of the 10th is angular in the house of competition - it does make sense to split them. Just like in Lilly's shipwreck horaries - you tell how the PEOPLE are from the planet ruling the ascendant, and you tell the condition of the SHIP from the ascendant - first house cusp - itself.

I also agree with Johannes, and it seems like that Mercury sextile is helping you out a bit too.

Mazal tov!
Rookie

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are saying the moon represent BOTH the thing and the competitors! gotchya.

Thanks so very much.

Before I ask a final question of you, I am a "Rookie" at Horary using not only this chart but every other chart I study as a case study.

So, in your experience is Horary accurate? I ask because it just seems so random. That said, in my brief experience, I have already forcasted a job offer to the day!!!!!

With that, I promise to keep you all up to date with each blow by blow.

Off to the library to get Lilly's book...I hope!
Olivia

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - the job is a THING. So the 10th house cusp represents it.

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't split it - both the cusp and the Moon would represent the job.

But, because the Moon is on the 7th house cusp (your competition for the job - the PEOPLE), I did split it.

So - job is 10th house cusp. Moon is competition for the job on account of its placement.

10th house cusp - thing. Ruler of 10th house cusp - people directly involved.

That any clearer? And yes, in my experience, horary can be mind-blowingly accurate. But astrologers are human - we don't always get it right.

Still, you've got very strong emplacement sitting there at the 10th house cusp, support from Mercury (which rules accountancy, interestingly enough). I really do think this one looks good.
johannes susato

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that Venus is ruling the Part of Fortune.

Johannes
Rookie

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cusp in them self's can be significators? So in this case you interpreted the 10th cusp to be the thing, Job, because it more accurately described the question, allowing the moon to signify something else, in this case competition? Was that your rational in making that decision?

Once I realized a cusp can be a significator, I understood.

Are you aware of a web site I can look at to find a more detailed cheat sheet for things ruled by planets and houses. Mercury ruler of accountancy? I would have never found that out on my own!

You have been so very kind with your patience, Olivia, and I promise to keep this subject up to date with details
Olivia

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the idea on the cusp - it can signify something all by itself. Remember, though, this is a minority opinion, but I felt a little better once I realised I was in rather esteemed company with it.

Hnnn...you might try skyscript for a list of things that planets rule.

Lilly's got a bunch of rulerships in his books, and those are free on the web and I'm sure on skyscript, too.

Also, it's only partially cheating, but Lee Lehman wrote a book on rulerships - and she's got a 55 page addendum up somewhere on her site, so while it's not the whole book or even a third of the whole book, it's an extra 55 pages of it, and free. And you can buy the book once you're working www.leelehman.com

I'm sure there's more horary sites out there, but since I usually go to books if I don't know what the rulership is, I don't know if I can help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: