Horseracing Aug 2009 to Sept 2010

Anyone interested? Loads of races to test your skills!

Check out 12 Aug 09 1800 Sandown, UK Royal Intruder won, sun in leo in the 7th! (Could have been Golden Dixie?)
12 Aug 09 1420 Yarmouth Prince Fortune won at 14/1!!
12 Aug 09 1630 Yarmouth AsroDonna won. (I had Dinned Date as a contender also but wasn't even placed)

Currently pondering 1515 at Beverley, UK toady. (13 Aug 09)

Campanus houses, 5th cusp, 13:02 aries applies to antscia of mercury in virgo in 9th. (14:01 aries)

Speedy Senorita
Diane's Choice (Dianne means Divine, mercury gives choice)
Metal Guru (mercury is a metal, 9th for the guru??)

Also running is Molly Two.. venus in cancer in terms of mercury. (14:32 cancer) (Molly means "star of the sea") Can't decide if the application by square is more appropriate than antscia connection.

Mercury is about to go Rx so slow at the moment?
Not sure of speed of venus.

Last night I was all for Metal Guru, now thinking Molly Two although currently 25/1.. nice odds if she comes in :)

So, I guess, does anyone have an opinion on conjunction by anticscia versus the application by square? We're talking about a difference of approx 30 seconds here!

Hi PallasAthene,

Just a couple of comments. Mercury and Venus are both quite fast. I don't actually use the Addey method but going by what you've said, my inclination would be to go with Mercury since it rules the MC (winning post).

Uranus is angular, conj IC, which is sometimes an indication of an outsider winning. Moon applying square Sun might back this up.

Not sure if any of this is of much help. Having lost money at Goodwood last month, I'm steering clear of the horses at the moment!

Good luck :D

Race started 4 mins late making the 5hcusp conj mercury antiscia.

Speedy Senorita won at 8/1, others not placed.

Actually trying to use Frawley's method. He does include speed of planet as a consideration but mostly it's name association.

So..keep it simple.. Speedy Senorita it was!

Thanks for your input Ficina.

OK, here's an interesting one..

1755 Newmarket 14 Aug 09

5th squares sun in leo in 7th

Royal Intruder who won 2 days ago is running again..

Other "royal" contenders are Last Sovereign and Tudor Prince both at much longer odds.

Any comments?

I'm new to horse racing and this method, but I find this topic interesting! :)

Am I calculating right in the following example? The race is Newmarket, 2009.08.15. 13:50. The 5th cusp is at 26PI44. Moving that cusp counter-clockwise, there is antiscia-Saturn at 09AR02, or "later" there is a sextile with Moon at 15GE24. And actually antiscia-Mercury is at 11AR26 which may be important as MC is Virgo.

If it's OK so far, I guess I should decide which of these aspects should be used, then find the appropriate horse. :) If you use the antiscia of a planet, what do you consider as sign and house position, the "real" position of the planet, or the sign/house where it's antiscia is?

I read on the net that if the planet and the sign is female, than the winning horse will be female as well (mare? I hope it's the correct word). Is that right in your experience?

Hi taurean

Thanks for joining the thread.

METHOD
I'm new to this too. I'm calling it Frawley's method as detailed in his book Sports Astrology (because I haven't read Addey's method myself) but he does make reference to other methods, as noted by Finica. (Please take a look at the book and then we can compare notes accurately! We can then also have a go at joining the plethora of football threads on here!!!)

In a nutshell, Campanus houses, take the 5th cusp, move it anti-clockwise and find the first planet that it aspects. Be aware of antiscia, of the 5th cusp and planets. Choose the horse by name association, house placement, house rulership, nature of horse...etc

He makes no mention of MC and stresses that this is not what is looked for. Purely the FIRST aspect made to the progressed Campanus 5th cusp.

For aspects by antiscia, take the bodily placement of the planet for the name association.

In the example above, Speedy Senorita was indicated by mercury (speed) in virgo, the virgin (Senorita). This is just 1 example but does follow the gender indication you ask about. Best to use common sense I guess.

Newmarket, 2009.08.15. 13:50

5th house, 2644 pisces

1. Applies by square to vertex at 2650 gemini, 8th house.

2. Applies to antiscion of pluto (2909 sag) by square

Vertex (what DOES that mean?? timing?) in gemini in 8th

PlutoRx in cap in 2nd, pluto rules 1st house.

Antiscia of 5th at 3:16 libra.. ceres is at 4: 48 libra
Is this applying? I don't think so as antiscia degree will reduce as the cusp progresses??? Can anyone confirm that up for me please?

OK, I have to say that I would move on to the next race quickly! There is nothing here that jumps out.

Depending on the meaning of the vertex, maybe Gabriel's Spirit. (Gemini on 8th! lol Gabriel the messenger, spirit for death...)

Engulff call's me for some reason...something to do with power (pluto) and the capricorn/saturn nature of relentless, not giving up?????

Granite Girl... cap/sat for granite, feminine cap, also 1st house connection could give a personality?

Ah, now, Rakaan is a Muslim boy's name meaning solemn.

Salaadin mean's righteousness of the religion.. Salaadin's Vow.. not sure that fits? A righteous religious promise? Maybe with a 9th house connection but not here.

I'm sticking my neck out for Rakaan, but I wouldn't place a bet!
Although Engulf has the sense of pluto in cap, relentless, onward moving, engulfing power? Esp as it opposes mars (but not sure if that aspect "should" count as it across signs?)

Tenga Venga.. something about Come On! in Spanish. Can yuzuuru ttranslate please? : ) Don't think it's going to fit anyway.

Of 11 runners, I have eliminated 6 or 7.

Anyway, would love to hear your thoughts.