The Championship - The study of a League

The Championship started off with the following game on Aug. 7:

Middlesbrough - Sheffield Utd, 20.00 BST
Odds: 2,20 3,20 3,15
Asc 25CP28 MC 2SG16 Moon 4PI44 POF 14LE48
Day Venus, Hour Jupiter - not radical
The game ended 0-0.

I'm starting this thread because I think we might study a league and the movements within a leauge from beginning to end. A league is like a Nodal thing, like a boat of containment. Some teams top the league and travelling at the front of the vessel, while other teams trail in the rear. At the same a league, from beginning to end, is like a journey. It is like a journey from ascendant to descendant. Aug. 7 is the starting point, and the starting point of the journey is in the ascendant. The descendant is the destination. When we reach this point we have come to the end of the tournement, the order of teams will have been reshuffled and we will know who has won.

Ficina said in the Aug. prediction thread:
I ...was interested to read a comment from a football pundit that the Championship was a graveyard for tipsters because it was so unpredictable.
That is what makes this league interesting. Is it unpredictable, or more subject for prediction from an astrological perspective? The Premiership 'appears' to be more set. ManU, Chelsea and Liverpool are due to be fighting for the title - although there is always room for suprizes. AstonVilla will have a go, along with Everton. Then there is Tottenham, which more than any other team probably has the potential of rattling any sense of order. In contrast, the Championship seems absolutely open. At the start there are probably 10-12 teams who could succeed in advancing to the Premiership at the end of the tournement. How suiting that the first game this season was played with a non-radical chart. But remember, the Sun was conjunct the Part of Fortune!
We should be looking to see whether this initial chart gives any clues as to the developments through out the 2009/2010 season and who may come out on top when it's all done.

The Moon's North Node is in the first house of thie initial chart, which is interesting if we agree upon the life of a league being like a nodal and collective containment. 46 rounds have to be played before the matter of winners and loosers is decided. I would suggest studying the journey from ascendant to descendant along the northern hemisphere with there being played approximately 7,5 games per sign. For each round the ascendent is directed 4 degrees forward. After 7 rounds have been played the directed ascendant meets Jupiter, Lord of the 10th house. This could be interesting.

But which planet is most dignified and due for success? Is the winner of the Championship already at this stage shown by the Sun in his own sign conjunct Fortuna? Maybe we can have a fun discussion and learn more about the natural significators of the various teams as the contest unfolds. Noting the Sun conjunct POF I think it is fair to ask whether not Newcastle will get a grip of things as soon as they get started. They certainly identify themselves as a top division team. I have notes on Newcastle as either Aquarius or Sagittarius. Jupiter is lord of the 10th house and located in Aquarius in this starting game. Jupiter is retrograde, which if it proves I'm on to anything, would indicated that the team that fell down a league returned to the Premiership the year after.
http://www.astronor.com

Sounds like a fascinating study, Andrew. One of the things I noted in this chart was L1 Saturn partile square the Part of Sudden Advancement. I didn't comment on it at the time because I've found squares to be unreliable testimonies in match charts. However, it did occur to me that it might be a more general indicator that Boro would struggle to obtain automatic promotion ('sudden advancement') back to the Premiership. They started off as either joint or 2nd faves for promotion (according to bookies' odds) but have already slipped back to 3rd following this 0-0 result. It will be interesting to see how they cope in the Championship.

Do you have Middlesbrough as Saturnian in general? If that is the case then that's the sort of observations we might hope to gather. Middlesbrough could have a Saturnian quality...
I tried to define them last year and came up with a mixture or Virgo and Libra. They do have great potential but seem to lack that extra kick. I wonder whether they could do better when Saturn enters Libra.

The 2nd round was played today. According to the method of directing the ascendant that I discussed in the first post, the directed ascendant did corss the Moon's North node today. And in fact the Championship has formed A HEAD since one team is alone at the top of the table.

Coventry is alone at the top with 6 points. The next teams to follow are Cardiff, Middelsbrough, Sheffield U, Brighton , Leicester and West Brom. All these teams are 2 points behind the leader with 4 points. The Championship has also formed A TAIL (re. nodes) with Swansea alone at the bottom with 0 points.

Now the directed ascendant enters Aquarius where we find the planet Jupiter. But the first interesting point is in 2 rounds time when we come to 7 degrees Aquarius. This is on the midpoint of Mercury/Venus. :o

The 3rd round - D.Asc 3 AQ

A change of pace as Directed Asc enters Aquarus. There is excitement connected to the coming rounds as Aquarius contains Jupiter, L10. I have a hunch that Newcastle will get their act together under this configuration, but we must see about that.

Coventry who were alone at the top with 6 points after two rounds played an away draw 1-1 against the home team Doncaster on Aug. 18. That evens things out at the top again with 5 teams sharing 7 points before Newcastle decide whether to join the crew later this evening.

I have a hunch that two teams will top the table in the 4th round, seeing that D.Asc reaches the Mercury/Venus midpoint.

The 5th round - 11 Aquarius

Newcastle are alone at the top. It will take another four rounds for the ascendant to dirext to 23 Aquarius. I do not expect Newcastle to give away points in these four games. However, the away match against Cardiff on September 11th is going to be an interesting challenge.

At this point in time, Barnsley are alone at the bottom with 1 point only.

In the 6th round Dir.Asc. will be 14 AQ. This is opposite POF. In either the 6th or 7th round we get the effect of Dir.Asc. opposite Sun. This could be good for the away-teams but should not get in the way for Middlesbrough. I have Middlesbrough as Virgo, but in the Championship it feels like more Leo. :?:

Blackpool playing at home beat Newcastle 2-1 last night. That was unaccounted for according to my expectation with the Ascendant from the initiating chart being directed through Aquarius. I am associating Newcastle with Aquarius. However, the Moon was in Leo last night - and this I consider a detriment for any team signified by the opposite sign.

Middlesbrough has no problems in winning their awaymatch on Tuesday night 1-3 against Sheffield W. The Moon was in Leo, adding some testemony to my previous post.

9 rounds have been played. The directed ascendant is throug Aquarius and located at 1 Pisces. Newcastle is alone at the top of the table with 22 points and WestBrom 2 points behind. At the bottom is Barnsley, Ipswich and right at the end Plymouth with 2 points

The initiating chart has the Moon at 5 Pisces, which is a telling factor in the next round. Does this mean a reshuffling at the top? Does a team ruled by the Moon make an outstanding move? Or more likely, I can easily identify Plymouth with the Moon in Pisces - so maybe we'll see them pick up a few points. Leicester I have as Cancer and maybe Crystal Palace will perform well under the Piscean Moon. 8)

Well done, Andrew, you were spot-on there with Plymouth and Leicester :'

And while there wasn't a major reshuffle at the top, it was interesting to note that the three favourites for promotion all slipped up. Newcastle drew at home, West Brom lost away to Barnsley and, as you said, Boro lost at home to Leicester.

Thank you, Ficina! The tendency continued today in the 11th round.

At the top:
Newcastle - Bristol City 0-0
Preston - West Brom 0-0
However, Reading - Middlesbrough 0-2

At the bottom, new points to Plymouth:
Plymouth - Scunthorpe 2-1

And Crystal Palace continued to do well:
Crystal Palace - Blackpool 4-1

14 rounds have been played and there are 9 teams within a margin of 3 points at the top:
Cardiff 26 , Newcastle 26, West Brom 25, Middlesbrough 24, Leicester 24, Bristol City 24, QPR 23, Blackpool 23 and Preston 23 (Newcastle and QPR have only played 13 games).

The directed Ascendant is 21 Pisces and opposite Saturn at 21 PI. Maybe this explains why the league is at a dead end with so many 'heads'. There has been an interesting struggle as the Ascendant was directed from the square of Mars to the opposite of Saturn. My guess would be the league getting spilt up again as the asc is directed to the opposition of Uranus at 26 Pisces. Or maybe we're up for some suprises? That's round 15 and 16.

Ipswich are currently drowning at the bottom of the table and are the only team not to have won a game. I think that the Asc. might have to be directed into Aries to the antiscia of Saturn or Mercury to break the jinks. Cardiff are doing well and this could continue with the Asc into Aries ruled by Mars in Gemini (Car-diff).