Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Nacional part of Eirovision 2010

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janis

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Nacional part of Eirovision 2010 Reply with quote

Hello, All!
I haw seriously hoary problem- in this year we haw 1 national part of Eirovision (music competitions) when may country choice one music group witch will going to final part of Eirovision 2010. In this moment I now only 10 groups witch take part to this selection and time when competitions will start.
Question- how to determine the winner of this national competitions part. My general idea is look the cusped of X house and lord of then house. The signs and the aspects will show the characteristic of winner. Additional information can give Moon and his last aspects.
Did you haw some other ideas?
P.s. Sorry about may English :Smile
Paul
Administrator

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my understanding that the rules of the forum are that you create a chart yourself and then post it up and make an attempt to answer it.

In any case I'm not sure what your question is. Is it "Will my country take part in the eurovision song contest", or "which country will win the eurovision song contest".

Either way you need to create the chart, post it up and make an attempt to interpret it yourself.
Janis

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Paul Reply with quote

Paul!
Question is how to theoretical describes the winner of national part of Eurovision from 10 groups (singers) if we haw electional/horary chart for beginning of competitions?
Ficina

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Janis,
One way to do it is to take the degree of the MC and find the first planet it applies to. For example, if the MC is 3 Gemini, its first aspect would be a trine to Saturn at 4 Libra. Then decide which song (or singer) is best symbolised by Saturn retrograde in Libra.

Good luck!
Tanit

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to look up game prediction techniques, as it would be sort of similar. Here is one link, which has a horse race example: http://astrosport07.webs.com/

Another thing I thought of is that you could assign your preference (your country) as the ASC ruler, and the opponents the 7th ruler. If the 7th ruler beats your country in the horary, I'd check to see the characteristics of that ruler for a better idea on which country/person/song it represents.

Maybe event charts would be the way to go. I personally agree with a lot of professional horary astrologers' notion that horary isn't meant to predict things like this, since it's not really a problem for the person asking the question. It's an entertainment horary, and the celestial bodies are usually a bit reluctant to give useful information for such questions, even asked in earnest.
Ficina

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tanit,
If I understand Janis correctly, she is talking about the national stage of the competition when her country chooses a song/singer to represent it, so at this stage there will be no other countries involved. In that sense, yes, it would be very similar to a horse race and I agree with you that an event chart would be best, especially as Janis has said she knows the time when the competitions will start.
aglaya

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ficina wrote:
Hi Janis,
One way to do it is to take the degree of the MC and find the first planet it applies to. For example, if the MC is 3 Gemini, its first aspect would be a trine to Saturn at 4 Libra. Then decide which song (or singer) is best symbolised by Saturn retrograde in Libra.

Ha, that is interesting- it makes so much sense.
Would you say that such approach could be used in electional charts as well (for situations other than Eurovision contest? Very Happy ), in cases of multiple options, double choices etc.?
Ficina

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aglaya,
I've only used it for sporting events or competitions which have pre-arranged dates and times, so I don't know how or if it could be used for electional charts. What kind of multiple choice situations were you thinking of?
aglaya

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ficina wrote:
Hi Aglaya,
I've only used it for sporting events or competitions which have pre-arranged dates and times, so I don't know how or if it could be used for electional charts. What kind of multiple choice situations were you thinking of?

Well, what I had in mind were mostly horary charts cast for situations in which a person, say, has two job interviews (not that it is a common thing in recession! Smile ) or wants to know if hiring one person would be a smarter move than hiring another and so on. So, using my second example, to me at least, it sounds very logical that one very good way of determining the best candidate would thorugh examining the planets first and determining which one seems more "pleasant", or is in better "relationship" with the Querent's ruler or promises more success etc. and then to see which candidate it describes better. This all is no news of course, as we always pay attention to the descriptive details offered by the nature of the planets and their placements but, generally, we usually give the houses to different candidates in advance. I will actually try to implement this approach in some of my old charts and see what happens. If it works for speculation, why not testing it on other charts as well- it has happened a few times that, when two parties were involved into the situation inquired after, the chart would put the cusp of the house that should be representing the much older candidate into the rulership of mercury; maybe the nature of the planet instead of the cusp should sometimes come first. At least in those situations where multiple choices have equal chances to "win" (as opposed to questions concerning a husband and a lover! Very Happy !)

I really do think it is a very interesting approach, that's why I attracted my attention so easily. After all, in questions concerning thieves, Lilly suggests searching for the planet that would fit the shape of the thief (cadent, peregrine etc.) or using the 7th cusp so, we should expect that the answer will not always be given through the "expected" house or lying always behind the same corner.
Ficina

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, OK, I see what you mean - going straight to the planets rather than looking at particular houses and their rulers. Personally I'm all for trying different approaches so I'd say, give it a go and see if it works Thumbs up
aglaya

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right and will do! Thanks for putting my mind into a higher gear! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: