Will she really buy me an RV

This was a direct question from a friend, and my understanding is that an RV is a type of caravan - one can live in it. Her mother has said she will buy my friend an RV come January, and my friend, having been disappointed before, has asked if this will really happen.

I'm having a bit of a problem as to which house to place the RV in - it can be driven, but my friend would be living in it.

Note the almutens as follows: House 1 - Jupiter, House 2 - Saturn, House 3 - Venus, House 4 - Sun, House 5 - Moon & Venus, House 10 - Venus & Saturn.

Here's the chart:
Will be back with some thoughts on this later, but if anyone knows where to place an RV, I'd much appreciate it. I'm thinking House 4 as it would be a primary residence, but....maybe not?
Last edited by Olivia on Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Or is this as simple as the Moon - Venus trine indicating a gift (House 5. ruled by Venus) from Mum (Venus, House 10)? Moon is in the exaltation of Venus, North Node is on my friend's second house cusp, indicating a change of financial circumstances for the better.

And Jupiter is at 7 Scorpio by antiscion making a nice grand trine to the Moon and Venus, so that ties it in.

Or am I thinking too wishfully here?

Olivia wrote:Or is this as simple as the Moon - Venus trine indicating a gift (House 5. ruled by Venus) ?
this makes sense only, I'm as confused as you are. Though, I must say that, though she intends to turn it into a home- if it still is a vehicle, I'd probably go for the 3rd (it is the description of the object and its main purpose I guess).

But it's also a gift! :???: :lol:

I believe I'll now have to ask Googleand find out what RV actually is! ('cause, I just might need one myself) :)

Oh, yes, i've seen them too- and I do need one! :)
So, back to the begining- it's a home on wheels. :) it could be both the 3rd and the 4th. I still think it is a vehicle but, then again- the ruler of the 4th (the home) is in Gemini :) and its cusp is in a cardinal sign so maybe it describes the desired object better.

Only, the ruler of the 4th is cadent, in a late degree and separating from the Querent's ruler. The Moon is laso separating from both. Being placed inside the 2nd with the L1, it could be saying that she is actually wondering if her mother can actually afford to buy it.
Last edited by aglaya on Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, that's exactly what she's wondering. Her mother has an investment (the safe kind, as much as can be these days) maturing in January, and that's the money she's planning to use.

If we go with the gift, though, it's definitely looking good with Moon/Venus ruling 5, Venus trining Moon in Venus's exaltation and Venus in Moon's rulership (and Jupiter, the 1 ruler dispositing the Moon), and the antiscion of Jupiter forming a grand trine to Venus and the Moon.

Yes, I really want this to happen for my friend.
Last edited by Olivia on Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Olivia wrote: If we go with the gift, though, it's definitely looking good with Moon/Venus ruling 5, Venus trining Moon in Venus's exaltation (and Jupiter, the 1 ruler dispositing the Moon), and the antiscion of Jupiter forming a grand trine to Venus and the Moon.

It's true- when examined through the 5th, the situation does look a lot better.

Moving vehicles (which I would consider a recreational vehicle to fall under) are 1st house. I always took the 5th as gifts in general, but the 8th is specifically gifts FROM others.

I have to agree that the Moon-Venus (Mom being Venus, the Moon being the question/co-sig for the querent) trine is saying something positive. There is mutual reception between the two. She at least means well. Also, the Moon/Jupiter are in the 2nd, which is the querent's moveable goods (the 2nd is also the mom's 5th - gifts). This is also Jupiter's traditional ruling house. The Part of Fortune is often assoc. with gifts, and it's conjunct the Mom in the 7th, in the Moon's dignity, and there's an applying trine from the Moon. The Mom being angular seems to bode well.

After the Moon trine to Venus and the PoF, there is a square to Mars in the 6th and an opposition to Saturn in the 8th. I hope there isn't a complication, or possibly an accident that ruins the mobile home. Some say the end of the matter is a 4th house - and Mars IS the 4th house ruler.

Tanit333 wrote:Moving vehicles (which I would consider a recreational vehicle to fall under) are 1st house.
1st? The first is the Querent!
I always took the 5th as gifts in general, but the 8th is specifically gifts FROM others.
I'd only examine the 8th if the question was about the money from the others but, as long as there are no loans, debts and similar actions/things involved, i'd either use the house that represents the object or it natural significator or the 5th (it is from someone else but when someone decides to give us something, it becomes our property, the gift belongs to us; here we don't want the Querent to take something that does not belong to her but to get something from someone! A new home, her own new car/vehicle or a gift- not someone else's property!)
Last edited by aglaya on Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aglaya - per Lilly if you have a person or persons, and a place or thing represented by the same house, you'd use the planet ruling the house for the person or persons, and the house cusp itself for the thing or place.

So if one took RVs to be 1, then the first house cusp would be the RV, and Jupiter would be the querent.

I've opted to skip the 1/2/3/4 debate and simply put it as a gift - 5. I've heard the arguments for motor vehicles, moveable possessions, and homes, and I think gift both fits the best - and gets around that awful muddle!

Aglaya - per Lilly if you have a person or persons, and a place or thing represented by the same house, you'd use the planet ruling the house for the person or persons, and the house cusp itself for the thing or place.
Hi Olivia

Are you sure this is written in Lilly's work? Could you give a reference because I'm not aware of where he says that.
Many thanks
Deb