SR 2011 - Paranoia?

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but I'll post anyway - please feel free to nuke it if it isn't.

I was running SRs for the coming years, and here's what I got for 2011, relocated to the place I currently live (haven't lived anywhere near my birthplace in decades, and this is more or less home)
I'll say right off the bat that I do have some serious genetic illnesses that I'm struggling with, will be for the rest of my life. But on to the return.

Interesting things here: In my natal chart, Moon is in 6, rules 8, Venus is in 3 and rules 5, 6, and 10. Mars rules 4 and 12 and is in 3. In my profected chart for 2011, it's a 1st house to 6th house year.

Ahem. The IC/Moon in the SR is conjunct my natal ascendant. The 8th house cusp in the SR chart is conjunct my natal IC.

Am I being overly paranoid, or should I get out of Dodge for this one? Just curious as to other people's opinions, but I'm really, really NOT liking the looks of this one little bit. I hope I'm over-reacting, but...

Oh, boy, you're sounding like me now! :D

Some of us are obviously prone to seeing deadly dangers in our SR charts. Last year, when I first took up learning horary, I actually had a really bad SR and, now I can confirm- it was a very hard year. But then, i cast two horary charts and found my rulers void- I thought, "Ok, this is it for me! No future!" :D
That's why I usually have amy SR charts examined by other astrologers first, at least briefly. I don't think I'll ever be able to be objective enough!

But, also, I'd check progressions as well, especially when so many planet are found inside one house. I've learned that a combination always works better, I'm not sure SR alone are enough or at least i don't think i belong to the group of people who can use those charts exclusively!

And, BTW- what are you doing in 2011 already? ;-)

What house system did you use for this chart?

It's Regiomontanus - and hey, I was just looking ahead! Oh - that 1 - 6 profection push will put my Saturn (it's in 1 natally) in 6 on my natal Moon - which happens to be conjunct Algol.

Ain't it fun? :-sk
Last edited by Olivia on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hello Olivia,

I have always tended to deride the idea of travelling away from home for your SR chart. However, I will not deny that chart gives me real pause for thought. :shock:

Of course its not going to change those planetary configurations wherever you go. Its looking like a tough year if that chart is anything to go by.

Tell me about it. I had an eclipse on my SR chart this year. I was anxious about it for a while beforehand but everyone kept telling me its was in a good eclipse cycle according to the research of Brady. All I can say is that Brady's sanguine interpretation has failed to materialise and the traditional idea of eclipses as generally malefic has fully materialised. Sorry I am maybe not in the right space to give you the positive counterbalance you need here. :(

Are you seeing much coming up that year in other methods? Transits, primaries, solar arcs? I tend to do profections in the whole sign approach which produces accurate enough results for me. For example, I have noticed 3rd profectional years with Cancer rising have always been lousy for me. This relates no doubt to my angular Scorpio Moon being activated as its my least potent planet by far in terms of essential dignty.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Oh it's looking icky all over, Mark. Hence my minor freak-out when I saw the SR - and yes, I'm used to bad years, but this one really takes the cake.

I know I'll be really sick that year, I just don't want to end up really dead, too.

With you on the eclipse - I was born under one. Unfun stuff.

And gee, looking at it closer, SR Saturn is on my natal midheaven and the North Node (not a benefic in my book) is on my natal Saturn.

I'm really really hating this chart.

Olivia wrote: I know I'll be really sick that year, I just don't want to end up really dead, too.

I'm really really hating this chart.
Nah, naaah, don't do this to yourself! :-? ;-)

First of all, i really do think you should take this chart to an astrologer who'll examine it and compare it to other relevant charts for that year. What you now need is a coldheaded approach- someone else's. You could probably find a zillion and one bad sign in this chart and not a single good thing in it and that can't be the case either.

The planets in this or any other SR chart for that matter would have to trigger a relevant aspect from your Natal chart- the promise. If there is no promise, there's no activation, right? People die with empty 8th house in their SR and survive the full 8th house years.

And while this bouquet (Saturn opp. stellium inside the 8th) does look motley and "fascinating", there are actually "only" three planets inside it. The Sun, the ruler of the 12th is on the 9th cusp.

The 8th is not only about dying, is it?!
Oh it's looking icky all over, Mark
What have you found in other charts? Which progressions do you usually use? What are they saying?

Your Natal Asc is conjunct the SR IC (I hope i got it right), and you have the Moon on it in your SR. The Moon on the 4th can indicate the change of residence (among other things)- your Asc is conjunct that placement in the SR making it a very sensitive point.
The N.node and the placement of both your Natal and SR Saturn again activate that point bringing your natal MC into the picture as well. (But the Saturn and the Moon are brought together by a sextile here!!).

The Moon's dispositor and the ruler of the 4th went into the 8th (losses, maybe). Jupiter is also the ruler of your 7th. It is separating from the Saturn inside your 2nd (your money). The ruler of your money is inside the 7th, on a critical degree and about to enter Aries and lose its "powers"!

I don't know your marital/relationship status or your financial situation but you might want to re-examine the shape of the planets significant for your home(4th house matters in general)/money/marriage in both your natal and profressed charts. The 8th is about the losses, fears and the anguish of mind (that is usually caused by something) but people can lose things other than life too ;-). Take one step at the time.

The ruler of the 12th has just left the sign of its exaltation.

I haven't really spent much time analysing this chart but I'm trying to give you some hints and suggest things that you might want to examine a bit better in other charts and see how well they fit into this chart before declaring the worst outcome. Also, let someone else check the shape of your 6th (health) and see what they've got to say. ;-)

Take it easy! ;-)

Both my husbands were killed, Aglaya. Not going to try to make it three for three, that part of my life is over.

Money is beyond terrible. Change in residence is definitely possible, especially given the political instability here.

But I do have my charts for bad years before - people's deaths, multiple surgeries for me for things like brain tumours, accidents, getting caught in the middle of wars and political coups, arrests and torture for being a political dissident, I could go on.

I've got one of 'those' charts, in other words.

And sadly - I'm usually pretty good on calling them. Often things I can't do anything about.

You may be right, I may be over-reacting. But I'm thinking not with everything else going on.

I know I'll be really sick that year . . .
With all the conflicting methods and all the uncertainties and complexity of astrology do you really want to be making such certain statements? Can you be absolutely sure astrology is all that effective and accurate? This might be a good reason for dropping astrology and living each day with appreciation and as much joy as you can muster ? less thinking about what's around the corner and more focus upon and experiencing of what lies immediately between you and the corner. The religious/spiritual traditions are correct in stressing the importance of living in the present rather than looking to the future. I think this is an excellent example of why astrology can be validly and usefully criticized. Astrology tends to reinforce the human tendency of spending too much time looking to the past and to the future. Astrology discussions tend to be about past events and predicting future events. There is little talk of any sort of simple 'now'. (Can we even imagine how to go about that? :?) Too much time spent with astrology and turning our minds back and forth is in serious conflict with the wisdom that has been passed down of being fully present in the moment.

But since we're here talking about astrology: I feel a person should start with the birthplace return chart to find what the most likely influences are for that year. That of course will change angles, house cusps and house placement. As I've stated before, I think it's a return/revolution ? a cycle ? involving not only time, but time and space. The cycle started 'here' and can only truly end 'here' rather than 'there'. If you do a return chart for a different location it seems to me to be more of a transit chart and of secondary value.

We'll have to agree to disagree Kirk. I've not lived near my birthplace since I was a teenager, and there have been years when I've been in one city, and lived in another during an SR.

Whatever you find philosophically pleasing, I've found the place where the SR takes place to be the most accurate.

Ever read the Jewish bible or any commentaries thereon? Including Ibn Ezra - who wrote lots of commentaries on the Torah, as well as lots of astrology and poetry.

Most of his Torah commentaries contain the phrase: Let he who is able, understand.

He's one of my heroes. And given that Judaism professes no afterlife, but has a whole lot to say about how to live in this world - I think I'm okay on that one.

Oh well, we all have our thoughts and beliefs. It's to be expected. :neutral:

But no way in heck can I be comfortable with anyone making a statement such as ?I know I'll be really sick that year? based on one's own reading of his or her chart in the belief of having the knowledge and ability to perfectly and completely understand what the chart is indicating. Risky business, I say. :-?

Although some astrologers use solar returns as a stand alone, most use it in conjunction with the nativity. That way you can see what, if anything that is in the nativity is likely to occur this year or in this case 2011.
For example does the Mars Saturn opposition in the return hit anything key in the nativity? If not, it probably doesn't mean much.

Are the angles the same or the reverse of the natal angles? Is there a return in the SR like a Saturn, Jupiter, or Mars return to the natal position? Without something to go by it is difficult to impossible to determine if that loaded 8th house has to do with partner's money or death or both or something else entirely.

Look for things in the SR that repeat in the nativity such as particular aspects or house positions. They will be your guide.

I prefer the current location for the return, but I'm not so sure about moving around in order to pick a good one.

Tom

Saturn aspects Sun, Mercury, Jupiter, and Mars in my natal chart and they all aspect each other too - not by opposition, though, except Sun/Mercury opposite Jupiter. And all those planets are falling on sensitive points in the natal chart.

The Mars/Saturn opp in the return hits the IC (Saturn) to MC (Mars) line in my natal chart.

Kirk, I've predicted illness and accidents before, I know my own chart pretty well - and it can be useful to know ahead of time. I'm pretty sure that my predicting them didn't cause them. That may be where we differ from modern astrologers.

It also helped me find the location of a tumour that we knew I had on account of bloodwork, but simply did not show up on scans. So I'm okay about using astrology for this stuff.

I would NOT be okay with something like some stranger on the Net asking me when they're going to come down with some dread disease - I do understand that's a whole different thing. But when it comes to illness or accident for myself or people I know well - yes, I'll predict.