Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Should we invest in this share
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolly

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Should we invest in this share Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

This is a question about laying out money to invest in shares
My husband and I are thinking about investing in one particular share - not a huge amount of money but before we do I thought I would run it past the forum members first
Day of Sun Hour of Mercury
Moon is Slow and has 25 degrees and 33 minutes to change into Aquarius (days or hours)

Date of Chart 2 August 2009
Time 18:11:18 BST -1
Buckingham
52N 1W

The ascendant is 25 degrees 08 minutes Sagittarius
The 2nd house is Ruled by Saturn which is in the 8th house of other peoples monies and also the house of fear (par for the question)
In a mutable sign - fluctuating - things can change
The ruler of the 8th house is Leo which also holds Mercury the dispositor of Saturn - the Sun is strong in Leo - does this mean a safe bet?
Mercury is about to change signs - something about to change.
It will go into Virgo so again it will be strong in its own rulership
The ruler of the ascendant is Jupiter which is in the 2nd house and is Rx
so fluctuating finances - up and down - which is definitely true at the moment.
The Moon the secondary ruler of the ascendant is in Capricorn so in its own detriment - own worst enemy - too much hesitation or too eager - it is weak
Part of Fortune is in the detriment of Mars which rules 11th (hopes & wishes - hoping to gain from investment) and the 3rd of communications, negotiations being in detriment - hopes dashed probably.

There are no aspects for Saturn to Sun or Mercury apart from Mercury being in the Suns rulership
Moon does trine Mercury (which takes up 2nd part of 8th sign) at 4 degrees 25 minutes applying - the ascendant however is in Mercury's detriment
Seeing Saturn in the house of other peoples monies makes me think this is not a good idea - my money going to other people. Can anyone shed light on this.

The Moon is Opposite the Part of Increase - does anyone know about the Parts i.e. does the aspects mean the same - i.e. if it is a square or opposition it is negative or if it is a sextile or trine it is positive - I don;t really know how to interpret this.

I have never tried to do a financial horary before so would really appreciate some help.

Dolly
Tanit

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shares are a 5th house matter (gambling, stocks, risky investiments, etc. are all 5th house). I would take Venus to signify the share you are looking at. Even looking at it that way, I agree with your interpretation over all. You especially don't want to see the Moon in Cap in a financial question. There are likely to be some losses on the end of the querent.

But it looks like Merc is your husband, and he's approaching the share (it's also in his house), whereas both of your sigs are backing away (the Moon is separating from an opposition, and Jupiter is retro-ing from the trine). I wonder if you want to back out (or already decided to) while he will go ahead. Mercury (at a critical degree) will enter its dignity when it aspects Venus...

The share itself is not horrible. It's not debilitated (unless you count Pluto, which is separating), and angular, and has dignity by face. Maybe a modest increase in money is possible.

Maybe the Cap Moon is more about your worries than the reality of the situation?

Let us know how it turns out!
Dolly

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Share question Reply with quote

Hi Tanit

Thanks for answering this question. You are right about my hesitation as I have lost money this year on investments and I don't fancy losing any more.
He however is convinced that the company whose share it is will pick itself up in the longer term and the dividend it issues will continue and not be cut. Is he right I wonder.

Anyone else got any comments about the Part of Increase question.

Dolly
Carol

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dolly,

I think you and your husband would be the joint querent, Sag/Jup., since it's a joint venture.

I too haven't had much experience with financial horaries, but if the 5th house is the quesited (public investments), it looks like it might be good since its ruler Venus is pretty strong (angular) and in sextile to Saturn (ruler of your stable money) and trine Jupiter (you and your husband).

It might take a while with those aspects not in orb yet and the Moon slow and far away at present, but with PofF partile the cusp of the 5th and NN right on the cusp of the 2nd, those seem like good signs, too.

However, if the investment isn't a 'public' one (owned by the government), then it looks like you would use the 8th house (according to Bills), and in that case, Sun (ruler of 8th) is in an opposition to Jupiter (you guys) and not in aspect to Sat. (your stable money), so in that case maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea.

But again, I may be way off having had little actual experience with this kind of horary.
mattG

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Carol in looking at the 2nd/8th axis. Jupiter is retrograde as well.Another way of looking at it is to see the 8th house ruler in the 8th as them keeping the money, rather than you gaining from it.

Regards

Matt
Dolly

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: share question Reply with quote

Hi Matt

I think when I said "We" I really meant "My husband" - At the time I had no ideas of going with it - the purchase - but then I thought well if its a good idea I just might. So I think the chart should really be "Should my husband buy this share" - should we then use the 1st house or 7th house in this case for my husband and how would that scenario work out then. Good idea or no?

By the way thanks for spending time on this.

Dolly
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would always use the 2nd house for financial investments in stocks and shares - unless you have so much money that you don't care whether you gain or lose because it's all for fun. I'm guessing that's not the case Smile

The 5th house is traditionally 'gaming' - play, sport, cards, dice - which is the basis of the association with gambling, and really relates to a day out at the horse races, which is as much to do with recreation and amusement as anything else. I think there are semi-modern references to it governing speculation that is based purely on luck, or something like that.
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My husband and I are thinking about investing in one particular share

I took that to mean that you and your husband have a shared concern about this question, so you are both signified by the first house. If you feel uncomfortable with that, then maybe you need to follow your own instincts. Also remember that the Moon is significant for the item bought or traded, so you ideally want a good strong Moon in a chart showing indications of increase for you to get a positive answer to this question.

Regards
Deb
mattG

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been taught to try to avoid turning the chart if you can.As you are asking the question and the money involved belongs to your household keep it 1st house.That is only my opinion of course.Do urge caution though.

Best wishes

Matt
Dolly

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Share question Reply with quote

Hi Matt & Deb

Thank you both for clarifying my last post. I think I will try and persuade him to give it a miss.

Regards

Dolly
Dolly

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Update share purchase Reply with quote

Hi everyone

Just to let you know that I did persuade my husband not to buy this share he was interested in - we watched its price and it did go down afterwards which would really have got him going but then again today I see it has gone back up nearly to its original place but not by much. Thanks to everyone who commented on the question. I just love this forum!

Dolly

p.s. just wanted to say my thanks to Tanit for posting up charts - brilliant!
Tanit

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for giving us feedback. I guess it's a good thing you listened to the Cap Moon. Thumbs up
Dolly

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone

More feedback just to keep you in the loop

The share has now risen by 1.50 - it was 3.90 and is now 5.90 - I don't know what that is in percentage points but as you can imagine I am getting a load of verbal diarrhoea and a lot of rubbishing about horary astrology
from he who must be obeyed!!!

Doesn't matter though I still love it!!

Dolly
Paul
Administrator

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With shares, don't you WANT a share to be in a bad position but moving in to a better one?

Saturn is in Virgo in this case where it's pretty crap, but moves into Libra where it is exhalted, so that would surely show that the share becomes more valuable. Buying when the share is weak and selling when strong is how you make money on the stock market surely.

With saturn currently retrograding back into virgo perhaps its 'sell time', I dunno whether that's useful or not, it might be entirely erroneous to consider Saturn's CURRENT goings on.
Dolly

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul

Comments noted - thanks

Dolly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: