Stabaek - Copenhagen 0 - 0

Stabaek played a sparkling game, which makes me wonder about the effect of the lord of the hour being exalted in the ascendant - but they just couldn't succeed in finding the net! Credit should be given to the Copenhagen defense, but Stabaek were all over them.

I find the result disappointing, but Saturn was the leading planet in this chart and he does seem to either disappoint or cool things down.

This is a bit strange, because when it comes to natal astrology, transit Saturn is one of the transits you can bet your wager will always turn up. :-?
http://www.astronor.com

UEFA Champions League
Atletico Madrid v Chelsea

20:45, 40?24'06''N 3?43'16''W

ASC 27-GEM-34

DSC is the home team.

antiPluto inside DSC >1?02'< - not good for the DSC team.
MERC (L1) partile sextile w/ PoF - good for the ASC team

So it's 2-0 in favor of the visiting team. Chelsea should win or at least should not lose.

(Giving Asc to home team) Jupiter rules both Desc and MC - advantage Chelsea. Mercury (L1) sextile POF for Atletico but Mercury is combust. In the past we've seen teams winning despite a combust sig but I think it's probably more difficult for an underdog. I agree Chelsea should win.

Interesting that we've come to the same conclusion using different methods.

Seiko wrote:DSC is the home team.
If the teams used their usual colors, L1-Mercury would be good for "striped" Atletico and L7-Jupiter for blue Chelsea. If you give the ASC to the fave, that's OK.

Pluto is on the DSC for sure, but not too close.

About combustion I agree with Ficina, the team with the combusted sig may definitely win, our task would be quite easy if it couldn't. :)

As for POF sextile Mercury, it probably won't be enough for Atletico to win. For me, it's a classical no-bet. Although the whole CL is full of surprises, maybe it's enough to mention the Barcelona-Rubin match.

Another interesting one tonight is Bayern Munich v Bordeaux, 20.45, Asc 16?55 Cancer. Bayern are faves but Saturn (L7) is partile trine POF so I'm wondering if Bordeaux will get something out of this. Perhaps a Draw No Bet?

Bayern M - Bordeaux 0-2
Terrific Ficina! :'

Man Utd - CSKA Moscow 3-3
Atl.Madrid - Chelsea 2-2

Both these game literally exploded the last 15 minutes. ManU was down 1-3 and Atl.Madrid took the lead against Chelsea. Taurian recognized Atleico's strength. The draw is good!
On the whole, a very interesting discussion! :)

Yes, looks like it's the quickly changing "stuff", like POF (aspects), that really matters. E.g. in Bordeaux the Moon was VOC, but we can't say that nothing special happened: away victory of the supposed underdog (which Ficina nicely predicted). As for the combusted Atletico, yes, poor Mercury will remain combusted for quite some time I guess, so we simply can't assume that this as a sig would bring defeat. (In many, future matches.)

But! If one puts Chelsea to the Gemini ASC (because they were the faves), than Chelsea was combusted, and one can theorize "see? The awaited Chelsea victory failed, because they were burning". :) Personally, I would leave Atletico on the ASC, and say that we didn't have much to work with (Atletico match), combusted L1 and L1 sextile POF is not really enough. (I found the sextile aspect to be not too reliable, anyway.)

Back to Bordeaux, I mean Munich. :) Do you remember, Ficina, a few weeks ago we talked about whether one should have used the night-POF when counting the Arabic parts of Conquest, Triumph, Sudden advancement, etc. Well, this match is worth mentioning here. If you use the day-POF, you find the partile L7-POF trine, which was - as I understand - the basis of your successful prediction. Besides this, L1 trines Part of conquest. Quite close although not as close as L7-POF but still way below 1 degree. Knowing the result, what's the conclusion? POF is a heavier "player" here than POConquest, or simply because the POF aspect was a more close one, or both. But, what if you use and count with night-POF? Both of the above mentioned aspects disappear.

I think the first version, using day-POF is better, as it pointed towards the upset. Although the "no L1-aspect" is a good thing in the second version. So, only on the basis of this match (further analysis is needed o/c) the best method was using the dailly POF for "itself", but when counting other aspects which are based on POF, using the value of nightly-POF. :) As strange and illogical as it sounds.

Dynamo Kyiv v Inter Milan
21:45, 50?27'01"N 30?32'07"E

ASC 3-LEO-45

ASC is the home team.

MOON makes a partile sextile w/ MARS (L10) >0?5'<

I'll take a shot with Dynamo Double Chance (1X) @ 1.60

Dynamo Kyiv v Inter Milan
Odds: 3,25 3,25 2,30
The game is played on the Day of Mercury, Hour of Saturn

This is the return match between the two teams where the first one ended 2-2. Inter scored an own goal. This evenings chart is not radical and could prove a disadvantage to the favourite. However, the Sun, L1, is conjunct the Lord of the Day in the 4th and in mutual reception with Mars, L10. POF at 29AQ57 is on the cusp of two signs and closest aspect is inconjunct Saturn, Lord of the Hour. The Lord of the hour is in the same sign as Venus, lady of the 4th.

I think your judgement is wise, Seiko. Good luck! :'

Lyon - Liverpool, 19.45 GMT
Odds: 2,30 3,40 3,10
Asc 10CN10 MC 13PI57 Moon 8GE44 POF 6AQ22
Played in the hour of the Moon - radical

However, I can see little in this chart. The Moon is cadent and Mars does not rule any stategic cusp. Mars in Leo (Lyon) is in mutual reception with the Sun in Scorpio (Liverpool). I think maybe a draw.